Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2023, 07:47 AM

529 posts, read 181,783 times

Advertisements

Ok This question is for a Christian friend that is concerned about this subject and wants to discern with people who practice Witchcraft and yet consider themselves to be Christian. I am at peace with everything I have become, but this question is not for me because:

(#1) I'm not a Christian Witch, I am a Christian, Wiccan Shaman Witch and that is far more complicated and controversial than being just a Christian Witch.

(#2) I have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ that does not require fellowship with or acceptance from Christians, regardless, if they support or reject me.

(#3) I'm not interested in joining any subbranch of Christianity. If I were, then I would have to adopt and embrace the doctrines of the subbranch of Christianity the Christians are from. Since I'm not interested in being accepted by any religious organization, these doctrine differences do not apply to me in my relationship with God. It would also be a futile waste of time for me or them to proselyte, discern, or debate on this subject.

(#4) Since my sole purpose in life is to love every one of the faiths people choose or refrain from, my mission in life is to help and not harm people regarding religion. Debating, condemning, demonizing, shunning, people of different faiths or Atheism is not providing an atmosphere of using religious diversity to spiritually mature as a person chooses to walk their own religious path. That is why this subject does not interest me sorry.

(#5) Religion was never meant to tear people apart; it was meant to bring them together as they search for the individual reason and purpose for being here through their beliefs in a higher power. Religious diversity gives an opportunity of each faith to appreciate their own views towards their divine while being able to see their God from a different perspective. When a person or group shuts themselves off from religious tolerance or attempts religious judgment towards people of other faiths or non-faith, they cease to be stewards of the religion they follow.

(#6) I don't have time to debate, I only have time to love and accept the people for who they are regardless of the faith or non-faith they come from. I am so sorry, I love you, I respect you, I admire and support your individual search for the secular or religious meaning of life your life, but each person has to decide for themselves what that ultimate relationship with their divine is. I can't help you with that, I can only love and support your decision the little time I have in this world.

I am not going to be monitoring this question because it does not interest me, but I do love everyone regardless of the faith they come from so as a product of my love I promised a certain Christian friend of mine, that can't stand I'm a witch hee hee, I will pose this question for him so that he hopefully can get some closure on this subject that is bothering him. Thanks, and love you all, I will start this discussion to give Christians and non-Christians a chance to respond and expand on the points I will try to make.

Old 10-17-2023, 07:48 AM

529 posts, read 181,783 times
Witchcraft by definition is wise dweller of the Earth, it is not a religion, it is a way of life. When a person has a craft, such as singing, knitting, athleticism, baking, writing, artistry, etc. they may use their gifts to complement their religion or only choose to use their gifts in the secular world. A wonderful bakery cooking for their congregation is a splendid example of using your physical gifts to help a religious function of your church. This is not witchcraft I just want to illustrate how physical and spiritual gifts can be used in a secular or spiritual way to honor God.

Since we are talking about witchcraft, there are wonderful spiritual gifts I believe that God has blessed us with and if we can use our individual spiritual gifts for His glory, I see no problem in that, the reason I'm referring to Spiritual gifts from God as witchcraft is because a person can use these gifts for the secular or spiritual world without God, or if they are Christian for God. How you use your supernatural powers in a religious setting is the determining factor in my opinion whether your witchcraft is compatible with Christianity

Here is an example of a Supernatural ability to give you an illustration of Witchcraft: What if you were the only person in the world that could see and everyone else was blind? You would have supernatural powers because you have an ability to do something the rest of the world can't and that poses a problem because if you have access to supernatural powers and choose to use them are you disobeying God? Let me give you an example: What if I was the only one that could see, and I described to you how beautiful the world is that God created. Would that be wrong to use my supernatural gifts, or should I just pluck my eyes out and be blind like the rest of the world? This is a difficult question to answer for some but for me, if God gave me a supernatural gift, I'm not going to see it as a curse and will try my best to use that gift to help people understand and appreciate God even more. Regardless, if you believe in supernatural powers or not, what if they are available and a person chooses to use these powers they possess? Should they use them or not?

In regard to witchcraft, I can use these supernatural powers to better understand the earth and let people know that dark colors are the reason the objects people are feeling are warmer than light colors. This is a supernatural power I'm using in a secular setting for the service of humanity. If I describe to the same people how beautiful the world is by the majestic colors that they can't see, I'm using my supernatural powers to help people appreciate a part of God's creation they are unable to see because they don't have the supernatural gifts I do. That is how non-religious witchcraft works in a secular or religious setting people have trouble understanding.

Just to be clear, as a final note I believe that Christian Witchcraft is different than Christian Mysticism, because you are not preparing to supernaturally call upon God that mysticism does, you are using your individual supernatural powers to better yourself, to better serve humanity and help people better appreciate God through your gifts.

What are your thoughts on the subject? Enjoy your discussion and thanks for allowing me to ask this question for a Christian friend of mine. Remember, I will not be monitoring this discussion, love ya!

Last edited by High.priestess.Sarah; 10-17-2023 at 08:47 AM..

Old 10-17-2023, 09:48 AM

17,775 posts, read 13,665,953 times
There are a lot of verses in the Bible that are against witchcraft and sorcery and all that stuff.

Of course there are Bible verses against eating shrimp and cheeseburgers.

Christians will say that Jesus died partly so that we can eat shrimp and cheeseburgers.

So maybe he died partly so that people can be witches?

Old 10-17-2023, 10:14 AM

11,067 posts, read 7,135,481 times
They aren't compatible. There, I summed it up short and sweet in one simple sentence.

Your mission and project here to convert Christians to witchcraft has failed. And your deadline of October 31st is rapidly approaching. 14 days and counting.

Hugs, kisses, and lovey-dovey stuff

Old 10-17-2023, 10:20 AM

57 posts, read 12,813 times
Although it is true the Bible did command to put people to death who communed with evil spirits

but this was at a time when those committing these spiritual acts as other forms of serving other Gods and other ideologies were dangerous and harmful to society and were directly connected to self-destructive behaviors and harmful situations and lifestyles in these ancient times - that these laws were given.

To the Jews, the term - ":" SERVING OTHER GODS "

this always was connected and represented following of dangerous practices of the other neighboring nations who were constantly attacking and endangering and seeking to exterminate the Jewish people and endangering others through BLOOD CRIMES and diseases and unclean sexual acts that spread plagues and diseases.

All actions that broke these laws and committed BLOOD CRIMES and deviation away from staying safe and following the laws of safety were equated to serving another god that always allowed this behavior.

Serving the God of the Bible meant that this behavior was to be prohibited and stopped. In the Bible Days –

other forms of magic or omens and spells in commination with evil spirits and ideologies were all used by people who followed the evil, violent, dangerous and self-destructive gods. / ideologies.

one thing to remember is that when we read the Bible - there is not a single recorded actual incident or example written or described that promotes or tells in the bible of anyone ever being killed or harmed or stoned to death for being a witch

no witch was ever killed in the bible –

no gay individual was ever killed in the bible

no adultery was punished by death in the bible

in the bible there is not a glorification and promotion that idolizes the killings and harming of people for simply - being a witch - being a homosexual - or an adulterer

1Ki 15:12 And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols

1Ki 22:46 And the remnant of the sodomites,..........he took out of the land.

the homosexuals at times were simply removed from certain areas and removed out of the land where they were creating problems - but there is not a single recorded record or instance of anyone ever actually killing or harming or glorifying in the killing of homosexuals –

or even a single incident of anyone who is gay, being killed or physically hurt. this was not the purpose of the law.

it may have happened once or twice or even a few times throughout a course over 2000 years of history in the bible - but the bible does not glorify and idolize and make a persecution campaign to go out hunting and persecuting and killing and causing violence against gays

it is always associated and connected to a harmful situation connected to what witches or adulterers or homosexuals were doing to bring evil, danger, great problems and practices that were very, very harmful to society.

the CONTEXT is clearly explaining what the witches are doing –

Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch

Exo 22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. "19 Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death.

the examples of these specific types of witches and evil people in in the context of a witch who has behavior that commits beastality / sex with animals

evil people - in the context of a witch who will take a little baby child and burn to death and murder - burning the child alive in a fire to practice witchcraft.

always in the Bible the death penalty was mentioned for people who bring absolute danger, diseases, plagues, violence and deviation from laws that create a safe family environment - that the life of innocents will not be endangered. it is in a clear and specific context - but through the whole bible there is not a single recorded instance of a witch being killed –

these specific witches in the Old Testament - this is not the modern image of a witch deep in the forest gathering roots and leaves for healing and mental health and chanting mother earth songs -

they were practicing things that brought danger to others around them - this is the context in which the Old Testament addresses these issues and how this overall pertains to the Hebrew, Jewish peoples.

Old 10-17-2023, 11:05 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,911,419 times
No.

Witchcraft, as in the producing of effects beyond the natural powers of man by agencies other than the Divine, has always been condemned by Christianity.

Old 10-17-2023, 11:11 AM

19 posts, read 4,139 times
Absolutely not it would contaminate the Christian faith and change it. Its the Christians duty to protect the faith from this exact thing.. The bible is pretty clear on this

Old 10-17-2023, 08:18 PM

19 posts, read 4,139 times
Just to add what the problem would be

“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both. It means that you only have ONE “ultimate" person or idea to please at any given time. There must be one thing, one person, one goal and one ideal that drives you and your life above all others.

Old 10-17-2023, 10:24 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Wouldn't it depend on if the witchcraft is done to bring about good in the world, vs. causing problems? Witches, shamans can be very self-serving and harmful to others.

Old 10-17-2023, 10:28 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
No.

Witchcraft, as in the producing of effects beyond the natural powers of man by agencies other than the Divine, has always been condemned by Christianity.
How does anyone know what's beyond the natural powers of man? Who says agencies other than the Divine are involved? Science can explain some aspects of so-called "witchcraft", but most scientists aren't interested in pursuing that. That doesn't mean that certain human abilities aren't "natural". It only means that scientists have created their own orthodoxy that holds them back from investigating certain natural phenomena.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality