Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 08:50 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,008,637 times

Advertisements

Hello again everyone!

I don't care what you post here as long as it is UPBEAT, UPLIFTING and full of LOVE and FRIENDLINESS!

Feel free to post scriptures, words to your favorite hymns, anything GOOD going on in your life or whatever other POSITIVE thing you can think of!

No arguing, no debating, no controversy, no bad feelings! This thread is for everyone to come to after getting into the heated threads. We all fall into the trap of arguing our points at some time, but this is the place to go to get away from that!

Let's Roll!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 08:58 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
I feel so blessed to have a Christian husband who loves the Lord and is so good to me. He is an answer to many prayers my mother prayed for me. I have so much more than I could ever ask or hope for and I give God all the credit, not just for the peace He gives me, but the material stuff too.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:11 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Hey, wouldn't it be great if we could really keep this thread open and upbeat like kaw said. It would really know when you are full of helplessness and a little anger that you can come here and get a little laugh or inspiration from a friend. Okay, it has been a long day. I spent some time on the forum and got a little uptight so here's what I did. It was a gorgeous day here, so I took a ride to the top of the mountain that has been reclaimed from strip mining. It is beautiful with the flat land , tall grass ,shade trees and a lake. There are horses grazing there. I just sat and thought a lot about my life, what the children and grandchildren would finally do with their lives. I talked to God a lot and was just so peaceful and content with myself and the world. I do this sometimes when things just about get to the boiling point..So for awhile today it was just, me, God and the wonders of nature that always sooths me. I felt wonderful when I came home

Old 05-30-2007, 09:14 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,008,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I feel so blessed to have a Christian husband who loves the Lord and is so good to me. He is an answer to many prayers my mother prayed for me. I have so much more than I could ever ask or hope for and I give God all the credit, not just for the peace He gives me, but the material stuff too.
That is truly a blessing ILNC! A good Christian husband is the best thing we can get in life . Thank you for being the first to share something wonderful!

I'm SO thankful that my husband is now saved (about 4 years ago, been married almost 20 years). We are both still a work in progress, but our life is better than it ever has been! My husband is now the new youth leader at our church...In a million years I would have never thought this could be possible But hey, everything is possible with our Lord!!!

Old 05-30-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
That is truly a blessing ILNC! A good Christian husband is the best thing we can get in life . Thank you for being the first to share something wonderful!

I'm SO thankful that my husband is now saved (about 4 years ago, been married almost 20 years). We are both still a work in progress, but our life is better than it ever has been! My husband is now the new youth leader at our church...In a million years I would have never thought this could be possible But hey, everything is possible with our Lord!!!
Oh that is wonderful! As I was reading this I was thinking with God all things are possible

Old 05-30-2007, 09:27 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,142,752 times
Ok these are some poems I wrote in College. Please don't laugh

In The Palm of Nature

Goodmorning from God
Greeting the world
Heaven's smile
For all to see

I can hear you
so gentle
I can feel you
so near
I can see you
so real

Window of Heaven
Glimpse of eternity
Brilliant colors running into each other
Headed by a ball of fire
Sinking into the
Unknown

Angelic world
Why have you changed?
'I have not changed
just open your eyes
I am there
and will be
Always'

HIM

His prescence is felt
By thoses near and far
He touches hearts
with his Spirit
He is here now
All is calm
His message is heard
With a gentle touch
We ever pray for thee
It lasts but a moment
What is this feeling as he leaves?
Is it love?
Or something else
My heart longs for him to stay
The tears flow as he disappears
Now as I ponder the day
I am left with one question:
Why?

GONE

My life was stolen
never given back
the way it used to be
Why?
Is it for the best?
Do I matter?
Will I matter?
I'm lost
Fear surrounds me
made up in my head
I don't care
Why should they?
Questions of doubt
Questions of pity
Will I stop
Who can answer?
No one knows
But me and Him
Is He there?
Is He listening?
Sometimes I wonder
I won't stop trying
I will fight
You may join
I welcome Thee
My heart is open
Set it free

(Now keep in mind I'm no writer ) God Bless!

Old 05-30-2007, 09:35 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,035 times
I had a good day today!! Everything was calm at work and home. My youngest granddaughter was saying the blessing at supper and closed it with and oh yeah, Dear Lord please help pa pa get the fat off his belly. We both about lost it! He is a diabetic and has lost about 50 lbs and is not having to take his pills. I'm so thankful for a christian husband and two precious little granddaughters that brighten my life.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:36 PM

dreameyes, no one will laugh at those, you are talented.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefer View Post
I had a good day today!! Everything was calm at work and home. My youngest granddaughter was saying the blessing at supper and closed it with and oh yeah, Dear Lord please help pa pa get the fat off his belly. We both about lost it! He is a diabetic and has lost about 50 lbs and is not having to take his pills. I'm so thankful for a christian husband and two precious little granddaughters that brighten my life.
You are blessed and to top it off you live in NORTH CAROLINA!

Old 05-30-2007, 09:46 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Thefer. Grandchildren make us forget we are old. They are Gods most precious gift god has given me since my own babies Yours keep you laughing, thats their job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality