Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 05:02 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,028,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersbranderud View Post
(le-havdil), A analysis (found here: Netzarim (Hellenized "Nazarene"): Orthodox Israeli Jews, Ra'anana, Israel (that is the only legitimate Netzarim)) of all extant source documents and archaeology using a rational and logical methodology proves that the historical Ribi Yehosuha ha-Mashiakh (the Messiah) from Nazareth and his talmidim (apprentice-students), called the Netzarim, taught and lived Torah all of their lives; and that Netzarim and Christianity were always antithetical.

Judaism and Christianity have always been two antithetical religions, and thus the term “Jewish Christians” is an oxymoron
The mitzwot (directives or military-style orders) in Torah (claimed in Tan’’kh (the Jewish Bible) to be the instructions of the Creator), the core of the Judaism, are an indivisible whole. Rejecting any one constitutes rejecting of the whole… and the Church rejected many mitzwot, for example rejecting to observe the Shabat on the seventh day in the Jewish week. Examples are endless. Dt. 13.1-6 explicitly precludes the Christian “NT”.

Ribi Yehoshuas talmidim Netzarim still observes Torah non-selectively to their utmost today and the research in the above website implies that becoming one of Ribi Yehoshuas Netzarim-followers is the only way to follow him.
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 08:49 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,793,596 times
Just to clear ONE thing up, the early followers of Messiah Yahushua were NOT called "christians" as that was a slanderous term used ONCE at Antioch. They were called both Netzarim (branches) or Followers of the Way". The term "christ" stems from the Greek "christos" which was a name used to exalt all of the gods of the Romans. The jesus name isn't even 600 years old so indeed a fabrication. Messiah's REAL name would have the Fathers name IN it hence Yahushua "Yah Is Salvation" as it should be. Also as stated in Isaiah 49 it is stated "I YHVH am your savior and redeemer".

Old 03-12-2012, 08:32 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,781,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersbranderud View Post
The mitzwot (directives or military-style orders) in Torah (claimed in Tan’’kh (the Jewish Bible) to be the instructions of the Creator), the core of the Judaism, are an indivisible whole. Rejecting any one constitutes rejecting of the whole… and the Church rejected many mitzwot, for example rejecting to observe the Shabat on the seventh day in the Jewish week. Examples are endless. Dt. 13.1-6 explicitly precludes the Christian “NT”.
Mitzvot are Commandments, and Gentiles were never bound by the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments), which are only binding on those at Sinai, their descendents and those who accept them through conversion, so Gentiles never rejected any of them; Gentiles are bound by the 7 Noahide Commandments.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:25 PM

8,868 posts, read 12,609,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Judaism has no place for messiah worship or the worship of a dead man. It is categorically anti-Jewish to worship a dead man. Throughout Jewish history, at least a dozen false messiahs have come and gone. If you are talking about the people today who claim Schneerson is the Messiah, they fall into that category. If a religion is based on the worship of a dead human being, it is not Judaism.

Is that the parallel the opening post is seeking to make, perhaps? That the religion that calls itself Chrstianity, was started by a bunch of people who started worshipping a dead Jew and claimed that dead guy was God?

Yes, there are parallels. In both cases, neither are Judaism.
most of the messichists dont admit to worshipping schneerson, afaict. They say "yehi hamelech hamoshiach" about him, but not brochas to him, at least not in public. Though there have been articles to claim a level of divinity for him. I would note that the mainstream non-messichist chabadniks will often have a portrait of the rebbe on the wall or mantle on the east side of a room where services take place - so that you are davening towards the rebbe. It makes many folks (well at least me) uncomfortable.

To give chabad a break, the veneration of rebbes as holy is found throughout chassidism, and goes sometime back. There is a level of veneration of living gedolim among non-chassidic haredim that I am uncomfortable with - Im not sure how far back that goes.

glossary -
yehi hamelech hamoshiach - long live the king messiah
Brochas - blessing, praise to G-d
messichist - chabadnik who beleives the late rebbe is the messiah
Chabadnik - member of chabad
daven - pray
gedolim - great ones - famous rabbinic scholars
haredim - ultraorthodox jews

Old 03-14-2012, 03:07 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,389,241 times
Nice to see you back here, BBD. You've been missed. Stick around!

Old 03-17-2012, 07:51 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 834,982 times
The Truth is in the word of God! Not in human reasoning or philosophy or in religion, be it Judaism, Christianity, Islam or whatsoever. The One who is seeking God with a humble heart will find Him and will know the truth. No Messiah can come today. 1. He will come to God`s temple (Mal 3:1) and there is not yet one, 2. He will be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2), and He will not be a Palastinian, 3. He will be the son of David, no one can proof this without doubt today. Conclusion: He has come and we missed Him or He will never come. But I have good knews, He will return soon for a holy people and burn with fire His enemies.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:55 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,072,412 times
Well, I'm VERY familar with Chabad and the group you mentioned. I do know that they worship the head of the Lubavitcher who has passed like he's still around. I think this movement is similar to Jonestown if you all recall that back in the 1970s, I believe. These Chabad people are nothing like the Orthodox Jews.

Old 08-12-2015, 04:05 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,072,412 times
I understand very well what the OP was talking about. They worship a man whose not living and have his photos all over the place when you enter one of their restaurants, for instance.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:04 PM

23,327 posts, read 10,624,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
Well, I'm VERY familar with Chabad and the group you mentioned. I do know that they worship the head of the Lubavitcher who has passed like he's still around. I think this movement is similar to Jonestown if you all recall that back in the 1970s, I believe. These Chabad people are nothing like the Orthodox Jews.

I am always on that Chabad Lubavitch, that's like my home, never heard of them worshipping a leader though, still a great place to learn.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:10 PM

23,327 posts, read 10,624,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Mitzvot are Commandments, and Gentiles were never bound by the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments), which are only binding on those at Sinai, their descendents and those who accept them through conversion, so Gentiles never rejected any of them; Gentiles are bound by the 7 Noahide Commandments.
That's your opinion.

The prophets talk of a day when the whole world keeps the Jewish feasts because they go through the same things, they also go through a 40 year wandering and the world begins keeping the Sabbaths, feasts, and they also have a promise, many promises that tell a gentile that if he keeps the Sabbaths, and the law is always on his lips, then he will also obtain an inheritance in Israel and be given a name better than sons and daughters. Gentiles may have never been demanded to keep what Jews keep, but there are certainly great promises for the gentiles who keep ALL the commandments.

Solomon said the whole duty of man is to keep the commandments of God, and what is good for one people can also be good to others, besides that, it was a mixed multitude that came out of Egypt and even Caleb was not of Judah but became a prince of Judah.

Besides this, a gentile is given a great and wonderful promise if he chooses to become a priest, and can also become a Levite.

But the gentile has to fulfill the requirements of becoming a priest, and I believe God's promises. The gentile who completes the requirements to become a priest will no doubt be blessed with the reward.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 08-12-2015 at 06:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality