Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 08:52 PM

23,326 posts, read 10,624,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
*Laughter*

Nope - you have obviously misunderstood me.

I did not mention 'heaven' or 'being saved' and whatnot.

What I said was this:

So Hannibal, whatever your beliefs about inner and outer stations etc, or how you think your particular idea of G()D does things in relation to you or non Gentiles...

... me - (and since you asked I will tell you)...

I consider myself to be neither Gentile or non Gentile.

I think myself to being an individual soul having an experience within a Human Form...and for the purpose of clarity in relation to others, I refer to myself as 'Being Human' - aka ...I am presently being a 'Human Being'.

In relation to your comment about helping bring a non Gentile 'back to Israel' I would perhaps contribute to something related to this, not to 'become a non Gentile' but because I figure it is the best thing anyone can do in relation to The World, as I have been thinking about what I said in post # 94 (page 10) in this thread, ...in relation to the tithing subject sometimes brought into topics as argument and in relation to the idea interwoven into my world view to do with "Utopia."

I am interested in finding out more about how I can donate specifically to Israel (not to Judaism) and Her efforts to make something wonderful of Herself that might possibly have a great ripple effect on the rest of the world.

I went out and made a literal covenant with an old crippled Jew, and maybe it was because he was an atheist that he only considered the proposal. I shouldn't say Atheist, he just believed in all religions as one, but leaning toward Atheist, far removed from an Orthodox. That's what changed my life, a literal change that scared me. I made his needs my needs and my life turned upside down.

But I suppose the best way to help Israel is really just to learn and try to teach as many gentile Christians as possible to return to the feast of God, and when you have done that, you have created a person that is very pro Jewish. That has always been my plan and it's the reason I speak of the feast so much, I have probably turned at least 10 people towards the feasts of Israel, and thereby making them pro Jewish.

I would tell anyone interested in really finding God, you give up all you own and you find needy Jews to help and your life is going to change forever, and you should expect it to change because of all the promises made to gentiles for doing just that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 10:54 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,166,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Had no idea, I never even look up to see what the date was, I thought it was recent. I didn't know the God, God rest his soul.
Yea...When it says "Eternal Member" beneath their name, it means that they have passed and that City-Data is honouring them...

Old 08-13-2015, 04:26 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,881,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
following a rebbe's teachings is not the same as worshipping him

and if you "can't discuss" something then why mention it all?
Following his teachings is all well and good, but when they hang his photo and revere it as much as Christians do with a painting of JC then they have crossed the gray area of being Messianic Jews. Chabad is smoke and mirrors in order to divert attention away from their personal beliefs to make themselves look better than they actually are.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:40 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,878,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I am always on that Chabad Lubavitch, that's like my home, never heard of them worshipping a leader though, still a great place to learn.
Their website is a great resource, but you have to take it in context. They are chasidim, and their articles and opinions reflect that. And there is a sect of them that hold the rebbe to be the messiah, and the story is starting to resemble the beginnings of Christianity. Drive through Crown Heights, and you can see the big yellow flags proclaiming him king and messiah.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:13 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,881,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
Their website is a great resource, but you have to take it in context. They are chasidim, and their articles and opinions reflect that. And there is a sect of them that hold the rebbe to be the messiah, and the story is starting to resemble the beginnings of Christianity. Drive through Crown Heights, and you can see the big yellow flags proclaiming him king and messiah.
Just wait until you see the Chabad Bus with his face painted largely along both long sides before being fooled into thinking its simply some "sub sect" of the Lubavitchers.

https://youtu.be/U5Ilob5Od2Y

https://youtu.be/2PnLTjcB4qg

Old 08-13-2015, 11:15 AM

23,326 posts, read 10,624,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
So interesting, just glad to hear about it.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:47 PM

646 posts, read 468,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Following his teachings is all well and good, but when they hang his photo and revere it as much as Christians do with a painting of JC then they have crossed the gray area of being Messianic Jews. Chabad is smoke and mirrors in order to divert attention away from their personal beliefs to make themselves look better than they actually are.
I disagree. You can have a picture of the Rebbe hanging in some room without worshipping it.

Is it something I would do? No. But I don't judge people who do either. From all that I can tell, the Rebbe was a great man. I don't have to agree with everything he (or Chabad) said or did to acknowledge that because, well, I don't.

Still, to compare somebody who has his picture hanging somewhere to the worship of JC is not fair, IMO. I might be biased because I know somebody who does this yet definately is not Messianic in any way and does not consider Schneerson to be moshiach or whatever.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:18 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,166,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Just wait until you see the Chabad Bus with his face painted largely along both long sides before being fooled into thinking its simply some "sub sect" of the Lubavitchers.

https://youtu.be/U5Ilob5Od2Y

https://youtu.be/2PnLTjcB4qg
They do that just like Christians do...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality