Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:25 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,200,560 times

Advertisements

I'll say this.. as difficult as it is for you to believe that there are people who think Satan is not real.. its that difficult multiplied a few times for people like me to believe that there are still people like you who think Satan is real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 10:27 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,039,574 times
Satan does not exist. What you claim is only peoples imaginations and what they would have you believe. The Lucifer rebellion ended a long time ago and anyone who sided with him is no more. The "devil" never existed as a person. The only evil in this world and the spirit world is because of what people have done to themselves and others. There is no proof of any satan or devils. There is proof, however of Lucifer. he is gone, no more.

If I were you, I'd be showing some real hard evidence that this devil or satan person is real and not just someones imagination. Show the proof so that we can be our own judge in the matter. Don't just bring up the subject and not offer any real tangible proof.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:32 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,812,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Satan does not exist. What you claim is only peoples imaginations and what they would have you believe. The Lucifer rebellion ended a long time ago and anyone who sided with him is no more. The "devil" never existed as a person. The only evil in this world and the spirit world is because of what people have done to themselves and others. There is no proof of any satan or devils. There is proof, however of Lucifer. he is gone, no more.

If I were you, I'd be showing some real hard evidence that this devil or satan person is real and not just someones imagination. Show the proof so that we can be our own judge in the matter. Don't just bring up the subject and not offer any real tangible proof.
I'd be happy to offer real, tangible proof once those of you who choose to deny reality tell me what "real, tangible proof" is acceptable to you. Already people are telling me that newspaper articles, pictures, etc. are unacceptable. So what IS acceptable as "real, tangible proof" to you???

Old 03-04-2010, 10:32 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,700,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I'd be happy to offer real, tangible proof once those of you who choose to deny reality tell me what "real, tangible proof" is acceptable to you. Already people are telling me that newspaper articles, pictures, etc. are unacceptable. So what IS acceptable as "real, tangible proof" to you???
Well, why don't we start with the newspaper articles, pictures etc.?

Do you have links?

Old 03-04-2010, 10:36 AM

206 posts, read 417,824 times
Quote:
Very easy. Especially lately Satan was in a lot of news reports, on TV and in the paper. You'd have to live in a cave and still hide from reality to not know. The whole WORLD had their eyes on Satan very recently because the fighting he was doing and the goals he was trying to achieve would have affected the entire world, the entire international community.

The whole world had their eyes on Satan ? Sometimes when we focus too much on one thing, we start believing that the whole world is seeing the same thing.

Anyways, old women can fly on broomsticks at night, men turn into werewolves in the full moon, vampires exist and garlic can stop them. All these occurances were accepted by the majority of people at one time. Even animals were tortured until they "confessed" to witchcraft. People absolutely saw them do it or so they claimed. That is not proof.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Videos, untampered pictures. Videos would be the best as they are harder to tamper with although they are not uneditable. Newspapers are just gossip so I don't rely on those. personal acounts can be tricky because if a soul is in darkness, they can produce whatever imaginary being they want and it will appear to them.

From what I understand of the spirit world and how it works is that spirits can make themselves look any way they want, including the devil. Dark souls will mess with people and show up in a form that appeals to the person who is alive. So you can get an evil spirit to show up as a devil or satan. They don't really exists but if someone believes in them, they will exist.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:38 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,812,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
I'll say this.. as difficult as it is for you to believe that there are people who think Satan is not real.. its that difficult multiplied a few times for people like me to believe that there are still people like you who think Satan is real.
Do you believe hollywood actors are real even if you've never met them in real life? Do you believe The Queen of England is real even if all you've ever seen or heard of her is from pictures and from news articles in papers, mag's, and TV?

If so, why doesn't the same apply to Satan? I've never seen or met Mel Gibson, but I've seen him in movies, on TV, in news articles, etc. and most people accept his being real as a FACT. It's clearly documented. Same goes for Satan (except in Satan's case I have actually SEEN him, live, in person). Most people have as much evidence of Satan's existence as they do of Mel Gibson or the Queen of England, but why do they choose not to believe in Satan while choosing to accept the proof of the other 2?? Doesn't make sense one bit.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:40 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,700,125 times
Quote:
Do you believe hollywood actors are real even if you've never met them in real life? Do you believe The Queen of England is real even if all you've ever seen or heard of her is from pictures and from news articles in papers, mag's, and TV?

If so, why doesn't the same apply to Satan? I've never seen or met Mel Gibson, but I've seen him in movies, on TV, in news articles, etc. and most people accept his being real as a FACT. It's clearly documented. Same goes for Satan (except in Satan's case I have actually SEEN him, live, in person). Most people have as much evidence of Satan's existence as they do of Mel Gibson or the Queen of England, but why do they choose not to believe in Satan while choosing to accept the proof of the other 2?? Doesn't make sense one bit.
I've never seen one single bit of evidence of 'satan' being real. If Satan could sit down and have an interview with Barbara Walters (which I'm sure Mel Gibson has done) then maybe I'll believe.

Until then...no.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:

It probably wasn't satan but an evil person pretending to be satan. Satan does not exist. The spirits who are in light, especially Jesus, will tell you that he doesn't exist. I believe Him over the newspapers and gossip mongers.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:41 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,944,451 times
Quote:

Show us evidence that has undergone the scientific method, been duplicated, published, peer-reviewed and corroborated by other scientists.

If evidence is as abundant as you say, this should be a no-brainer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality