Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:42 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,963,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
If so, why doesn't the same apply to Satan? I've never seen or met Mel Gibson, but I've seen him in movies, on TV, in news articles, etc. and most people accept his being real as a FACT. It's clearly documented. Same goes for Satan (except in Satan's case I have actually SEEN him, live, in person). Most people have as much evidence of Satan's existence as they do of Mel Gibson or the Queen of England, but why do they choose not to believe in Satan while choosing to accept the proof of the other 2?? Doesn't make sense one bit.
That does not follow. Mel Gibson has a birth ceritificate. Mel Gibson has an SSN. Mel Gibson has a tax return. Mel Gibson has parents, a wife and children. Mel Gibson can be touched, felt and seen. Mel Gibson can be proven in a lab by disinterested third parties. Satan, on the other hand, is invisible. If Satan does exist (which I don't believe it does for many reasons), it is a spirit. Spirits cannot pass the litmus test of scientific proof. If they ever can, then I'll believe....better stated, I will know. I already believe many things, but do not know if they are true or not. Chupacabras have a better chance of being proven by that standard.

Last edited by Fullback32; 03-04-2010 at 10:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 10:43 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,992,381 times
Quote:
(for example, I have seen the effects of magic on wizards and other beings, I have seen elves, etc.)
I thought I saw Gandalf once but it turned out to be just an old homeless guy.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:48 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,801,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Videos, untampered pictures. Videos would be the best as they are harder to tamper with although they are not uneditable. Newspapers are just gossip so I don't rely on those. personal acounts can be tricky because if a soul is in darkness, they can produce whatever imaginary being they want and it will appear to them.

From what I understand of the spirit world and how it works is that spirits can make themselves look any way they want, including the devil. Dark souls will mess with people and show up in a form that appeals to the person who is alive. So you can get an evil spirit to show up as a devil or satan. They don't really exists but if someone believes in them, they will exist.
First of all - there are many "devils" (plural) but I'm talking about one being named "Satan".

I have videos and untampered pictures from reputable news sources, but why would you believe them coming from me if you don't believe them coming from the news sources directly in the first place?

Old 03-04-2010, 10:54 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,444,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've never seen one single bit of evidence of 'satan' being real. If Satan could sit down and have an interview with Barbara Walters (which I'm sure Mel Gibson has done) then maybe I'll believe.

Until then...no.
I think that Barbara Walters is one of Satan's visible forms

Old 03-04-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
That does not follow. Mel Gibson has a birth ceritificate. Mel Gibson has an SSN. Mel Gibson has a tax return. Mel Gibson has parents. Mel Gibson can be touched, felt and seen. Mel Gibson can be proven in a lab by disinterested third parties. Satan, on the other hand, is invisible. If Satan does exist (which I don't believe it does for many reasons), it is a spirit. Spirits cannot pass the litmus test of scientific proof. If they ever can, then I'll believe. Chupacabras have a better chance of being proven by that standard.
Satan has everything you described (excep maybe not a birth certificate or SSN because he's not American - not EVERYONE is American you know). But Satan can be touched, felt, and seen. I've seen him myself. Satan can be proven in a lab by disinterested 3rd parties. Satan is NOT invisible. He is very clearly visible, right down to his little goatee and his feet, which some call "hooves" but they are not hooves - we don't know what his feet look like because he keeps them covered all the time.

But you've already decided Satan doesn't exist. If I provide proof, you will still deny his existence; you'll say the proof is invalid, can't be trusted, etc.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:56 AM

677 posts, read 1,540,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
It probably wasn't satan but an evil person pretending to be satan. Satan does not exist. The spirits who are in light, especially Jesus, will tell you that he doesn't exist. I believe Him over the newspapers and gossip mongers.
But he does exist.....

The Temptation of Jesus

1 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted there by the devil. 2 For forty days and forty nights he fasted and became very hungry.
3 During that time the devil[a] came and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become loaves of bread.”
4 But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say,
‘People do not live by bread alone,
but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’[b]”
5 Then the devil took him to the holy city, Jerusalem, to the highest point of the Temple, 6 and said, “If you are the Son of God, jump off! For the Scriptures say,
‘He will order his angels to protect you.
And they will hold you up with their hands
so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.’[c]”
7 Jesus responded, “The Scriptures also say, ‘You must not test the Lord your God.’[d]”
8 Next the devil took him to the peak of a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 “I will give it all to you,” he said, “if you will kneel down and worship me.”
10 “Get out of here, Satan,” Jesus told him. “For the Scriptures say,
‘You must worship the Lord your God
and serve only him.’[e]” 11 Then the devil went away, and angels came and took care of Jesus.

Matthew 4:1-11

~l~

Old 03-04-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've never seen one single bit of evidence of 'satan' being real. If Satan could sit down and have an interview with Barbara Walters (which I'm sure Mel Gibson has done) then maybe I'll believe.

Until then...no.
Satan has done MANY interviews, often many in one week, with reporters. Not Barbara Walters but others; BW wouldn't be interested in interviewing Satan because she doesn't work in his subject area.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:59 AM

33,575 posts, read 37,202,082 times
Quote:
Well what would constitute "proof" to you? Let me know and I'm sure the kind of "proof" you're looking for exists for what I'm talking about.
Convince satan to appear on the Letterman show or CNN and have him prove that he is who he says he is ( perhaps he could possess one of the band and have him do impossible stuff)...That might be somewhat convincing, but wouldn't you rather have god appear and prove his existence? There is as much chance of having Harry Potter flying around the studio on his broom and chasing the snitch...It's all fiction, dude.

All that your eye witness accounts prove is that there are lots of deluded people in this world.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:00 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,963,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly8 View Post
But he does exist.....

The Temptation of Jesus

1 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted there by the devil. 2 For forty days and forty nights he fasted and became very hungry.
3 During that time the devil[a] came and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become loaves of bread.”
4 But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say,
‘People do not live by bread alone,
but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’[b]”
5 Then the devil took him to the holy city, Jerusalem, to the highest point of the Temple, 6 and said, “If you are the Son of God, jump off! For the Scriptures say,
‘He will order his angels to protect you.
And they will hold you up with their hands
so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.’[c]”
7 Jesus responded, “The Scriptures also say, ‘You must not test the Lord your God.’[d]”
8 Next the devil took him to the peak of a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 “I will give it all to you,” he said, “if you will kneel down and worship me.”
10 “Get out of here, Satan,” Jesus told him. “For the Scriptures say,
‘You must worship the Lord your God
and serve only him.’[e]” 11 Then the devil went away, and angels came and took care of Jesus.

Matthew 4:1-11

~l~
That is totally irrelevant except to the Christian believer. That is most certainly not "proof". A simple comparison of the Jewish and Hebrew concept of Satan and the Christian one show incongruities that simply cannot be reconciled. Scripture must therefore be ignored as "proof".

Old 03-04-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
That is totally irrelevant except to the Christian believer. That is most certainly not "proof". A simple comparison of the Jewish and Hebrew concept of Satan and the Christian one show incongruities that simply cannot be reconciled. Scripture must therefore be ignored as "proof".
I have extra-biblical proof
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality