Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 09:11 AM

33,566 posts, read 37,172,616 times

Advertisements

Garbage can of a world? I don't know where you live Noland, but perhaps you should move. It is quite a wonderful world where I live. I'm happy that you are comforted with the thought that somehow you will never die. You are, or will be dead wrong, but hold on to that thought, as it seems to be the driving force of all religions....Fear of death, that is.

So what do you think became of all the humanity and other creatures that missed the boat (Noah's ark)? Did they not die?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 09:13 AM

457 posts, read 757,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Is God Guilty of killing instead of curing? Noah would say yes.
Though shall not kill.
Love thy neighbor as yourself.
God did the former and Noah did not do the latter.
As Noah watched all of his people drown, he must have been sickened by the sight of his God killing instead of curing His creations.
We play with the terms and conditions of genocide and as to it’s position of good or evil.
It seems to be evil for men but good for God.
Some justify God’s use of killing instead of curing to the fact, fact to them, that God created us and can damned well do what he likes with us.
Rather a poor use of God’s perfect creative talents but, what the hell.
If you were on a jury and had to decide on guilt or innocence for God and the use of genocide, what would you find, knowing that God had killed many times before and did not use some miracle to cure?
Guilty or not guilty of killing instead of curing?
Please state the main reason for your choice.

Regards
DL
Yes guilty;
The god you speak of could have formed himself on the bow of the boat and said, "Here I am, I created you and now if you still do not believe in me you will surely die". But instead this god did it in one of the most passives way possible, though the mind of a non-believer. So he/she punished all that remained because they didn't believe a crackpot that built a big @zz boat in an area that for all they knew would never flood. No way! This god you speak of surely lacks in communication skills.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:21 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,841,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikeman View Post
Yes guilty;
...But instead this god did it in one of the most passive ways possible, through the mind of a non-believer. ....

And that's not passive; the Mind of a person is determined in the presence of risking one's life about the society he belongs to. A mind can also change the people's ideas through objective work. That is the accomplishment of Belief in the Mind For being in the World. We all secretly WANT to believe; No??

Old 03-06-2010, 09:34 AM

815 posts, read 1,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
"Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ Has been born of God, And everyone who loves the parent Loves the child. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments.
And his commandments are not burdensome, For whatever is born of God conquers the world, Our faith.
Who is it that conquers the world but the one who believes that Jesus is the son of God?" 1 John 5:1-6

Earth is A death zone!...to escape it we must conquer our sins!

Jesus says "Follow me"....and so we have the one who has conquered saying and showing us how to ...DO THE WILL OF GOD AND CONQUER DEATH>Earth.,,and be reborn into the new.

There is no other way!...for this world was made for that sin and sinners...to keep sin at bay here and teach the lessons of life out of death...until they repent...and turn from their own stupidity.
Which would be to forget about the self...and concern ourselves with God's will and word being done...correctly and to the letter of the law...nothing omitted nothing removed...
So this can end on a righteous happy note....or it goes beyond anger.

its up to us...all of us...and it is irrifutabel and futile to denie God.
As we will soon find out, if they do not stop sinning!

And what will be left is a few Good men and women...in the end of it all...Does it have to come to that?....God foretells us it does....and who's fault will that be?

Don't blame God or Christ!
Do not listen to "sacred fathers". Read it. Fathers adapt an explanation for a situatio

Another's sins and two-sex robbers from space road are not necessary to me))). The death is better than a life of slaves.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:49 AM

I am a God. You are Moisej.
I will arrive at night and I will speak , to insert sperm. Then itself I will insert daughter sperm , and I will tell that God.
In a mask and with a ring on a head. I will thrust your head in a loop and I will flood neighbours.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:50 AM

457 posts, read 757,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
And that's not passive; the Mind of a person is determined in the presence of risking one's life about the society he belongs to. A mind can also change the people's ideas through objective work. That is the accomplishment of Belief in the Mind For being in the World. We all secretly WANT to believe; No??
I see what you are saying and I disagree with a key component,
Quote:
the Mind of a person is determined in the presence of risking one's life about the society he belongs to.
It was only a big deal to Noah because it was in HIS mind. Who do you know right now that could convince you that they are the second coming of Christ? If its real to them and not you then who's the crackpot. I feel that God could have chosen so many other ways to convey his message but, according to the bible, he chose the mind of a non-believer. How hard was God trying to save these people? How about, lets not have a flood then there is no one who needs saving. IMO, its too petty.
I do respect you opinion and respect your beliefs.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:52 PM

Very ridiculously and sadly. God has created group of people (!) They were similar to God. God did not like the created people (likely were greedy and did not respect another's lives). God has drowned them. Really.
There was an awful character. Noah should tell: "You the Son of a *****! That you do!?". Has not told. Began to collect suitcases... it learn? To throw live in a trouble and to escape behind promises of the owner. Which has still forgotten about it.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:03 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,807,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Oh, but it's not an opinion. It's a fact proven because I carry DNA from each of my parents....Do you actually think that your parents deserve no credit for your existence?

I don't believe there is a god, so of course I cannot give him credit for killing, curing or anything else. If there was a god I hardly think he would be such a cruel entity.
I wasn't talking about your physical birth. If you go back & look, you'll see I bolded your words, "he didn't create me." Since you don't know that for sure, it's just your opinion.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:17 PM

33,566 posts, read 37,172,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I wasn't talking about your physical birth. If you go back & look, you'll see I bolded your words, "he didn't create me." Since you don't know that for sure, it's just your opinion.
Sorry guy, but my physical birth is all there was, so to me is a simple fact that I do know for sure....I haven't subscribed to make believe since I was a very young child.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:23 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,807,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Sorry guy, but my physical birth is all there was, so to me is a simple fact that I do know for sure....I haven't subscribed to make believe since I was a very young child.
Soory guy, you DO NOT know for sure if God created you or not. No one does. You can argue that all day, but it doesn't change reality. Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it couldn't have happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality