Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 12:30 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,571 times

Advertisements

Is God Guilty of killing instead of curing? Noah would say yes.
Though shall not kill.
Love thy neighbor as yourself.
God did the former and Noah did not do the latter.
As Noah watched all of his people drown, he must have been sickened by the sight of his God killing instead of curing His creations.
We play with the terms and conditions of genocide and as to it’s position of good or evil.
It seems to be evil for men but good for God.
Some justify God’s use of killing instead of curing to the fact, fact to them, that God created us and can damned well do what he likes with us.
Rather a poor use of God’s perfect creative talents but, what the hell.
If you were on a jury and had to decide on guilt or innocence for God and the use of genocide, what would you find, knowing that God had killed many times before and did not use some miracle to cure?
Guilty or not guilty of killing instead of curing?
Please state the main reason for your choice.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 02:18 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Though shall not kill.
As Noah watched all of his people drown, he must have been sickened by the sight of his God killing instead of curing His creations.
We play with the terms and conditions of genocide and as to it’s position of good or evil.
Some justify God’s use of killing instead of curing to the fact, fact to them, that God created us and can damned well do what he likes with us.
If you were on a jury and had to decide on guilt or innocence for God and the use of genocide, what would you find, knowing that God had killed many times before and did not use some miracle to cure?

Regards
DL
God gave the people hundreds of years to repent.

God did provide a cure. His name is Jesus.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:59 PM

33,528 posts, read 37,128,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
God gave the people hundreds of years to repent.

God did provide a cure. His name is Jesus.
Fat lot of good Jesus (cure) did for all that perished in the flood you believe happened...Even I could think of better ways if I were God

Old 03-05-2010, 03:23 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Though shall not kill.

Regards
DL
You would need to gather all of the facts first. The bible does not contain all of the facts and to just base God off of the bible is just plain stupid.

I believe that the flood didn't happen and I also believe that Noah was a good person given facts from another source. If you want to base our opinions off of just the bible, God is innocent. Men wrote the bible to suit thier needs and it also represents their thoughts and feelings. Man is the guilty party, not God.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:26 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,030,711 times
Guilty!

Old 03-05-2010, 03:34 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,181,964 times
It could be that god created too many people and couldn't think of a better way to get rid of them.
Why blame god, he's a bungling, incompetent fool that probably can't even tie his own shoe laces without making a mistake. All he can do is rage with anger, as if that's a talent worthy of worship.

If a human shows a state of constant anger he would do well to seek help.
Like angry 24/7/365 for who knows how many thousands of years!

Old 03-05-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Fat lot of good Jesus (cure) did for all that perished in the flood you believe happened...Even I could think of better ways if I were God
Those people had the same chance you & I do. I don't think you are in any position to wag your finger at God. He's the creator-He makes the rules. Doesn't matter if you don't believe in Him either.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:22 PM

33,528 posts, read 37,128,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Those people had the same chance you & I do. I don't think you are in any position to wag your finger at God. He's the creator-He makes the rules. Doesn't matter if you don't believe in Him either.
Sorry, but he doesn't make my rules, and he didn't create me...Mom and dad get credit for that.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Sorry, but he doesn't make my rules, and he didn't create me...Mom and dad get credit for that.
Since you don't know for sure that's true, I thank you for your opinion!

Old 03-05-2010, 08:28 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
no more than this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality