Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: would God punish His children forever
definitely 9 24.32%
never in an eternity would He 28 75.68%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 10:50 AM

100 posts, read 146,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
to say that God created life and invented a system where people suffer, first in this life then forever in the next life really dosent make sense

"forgive them lord for they do not know what they are doing"-Jesus

"love thy enemy"-Jesus

do you think someone who preached to love your enemy would be part of a system that throws eternal punishment on their own children

if the eternal hell concept is true then God is sending people here knowing that they will fail and end up in eternal torment

their is no justice in the eternal hell concept-God is mercifull-mercy is higher than justice

"you reap what you sow"-Jesus
what crime can anyone do to deserve an eternal punishment-maybe a very long punishment but not an eternal one-who could learn from that

to say God has created such a place(and on what day did He create it?)to send people for eternity would be like saying God Himself is evil-infact its like saying He is worse than satan-satan only tempts us but its God who punishes us with so much pain forever-and for what -not accepting Jesus-what about all the people who never heard of Jesus-what about all the people before Jesus' birth-what about all the kids that die before they can understand religion-what about all the different cultures that exist that differ from the christians-basically why would god put all them people here knowing that they wont be christian-isnt He responsible for life itself

to think that an ALL LOVING GOD would send His kids to earth to be misled and then punished for falling for it for eternity is ludicrous-even i could think of a better system than that and im only human
God WON'T punish HIS children.
You aren't his until you have accepted him as your Lord and Savior!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
ok i promise-LOL

but the sad part is is that Jesus did preach about love and love wouldnt have anything to do with that type of system-they just cant see past that
What is sad is the people who don't understand what God said and they repeat what they THINK they know.

God isn't going to punish HIS children by throwing them in the lake of fire to burn for eternity.
Look at it this way. He does punish his children but not by eternal hell.
If one of his children is doing something against him he will see to it that they are punished.

EXAMPLE: It's just like your father when you were growing up. If you did something against what he said, you heard about it.
In some cases you got a belt across the butt.

God is the Heavenly Father and he surely does punish his children

Old 03-27-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baket View Post
i dont like how some faith misconstrue that. do u remember how Jesus loathed the pharisees? pharisees are the know it all of the word of God during Jesus time right? but they are hypocrites. meaning they know God's rule but Jesus knows that they don't do/follow it.

i am just saying of course. if you believe in God it just follows that you follow HIS rules. now there are people who don't believe in God but they don't also go around killing people. does that mean they go to hell JUST for not believing in God? that's just wrong.
That's just it, I think it was Jimmie who said "you don't go to heaven by doing good deeds".

A Christian could kill someone and they would still go to heaven.
A nonbeliever doesn't stand a chance of getting there!

You say, that's just wrong. It isn't wrong, it's what God says!

Old 03-27-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
so if i just become a christian then ill be perfect you say- i used to be a christian and it only made things worse realy-i was afraid of God- now that my fear is gone i can start working on my Love for Him

one minute your saying your perfect the next your saying your a filthy rag -im confused

i agree with reverend111 -perfection has to be acheived its not just some mental concoction -oh i beleive this therefore im perfected-

if jesus died for you on the cross then why do you keep sinning,if your taking Jesus' name for your sins then why keep doin them,unless you are perfect but i doubt that -i personaly would rather take responsibilty and karma for me own thanks-if i ask Jesus for forgiveness but then keep on sinning then im only a cheat -lets ask Jesus to forgive us and it wont matter what sin we commit because He will forgive us no matter what,thats like using Jesus' name as an excuse to sin, unless you can say your sinnless-

again youve totally ignored the question

why is God sending non christians here knowing that they will burn in hell just for living their lives?

To answer your question: God isn't sending anyone here knowing they will burn in hell forever!
He gave them a choice!

Old 03-27-2010, 11:51 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,252,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Many people ( Christians included) only look at phrases that state God loves us.

Many quote -------" Love thy neighbor as thyself"

Why don't they quote the entire gospel?

" Love thy neighbor" was #2
" Love God" was #1

In that gospel, Jesus was asked------" How do we love you"
Jesus replied------" Keep my commandments"

It is interesting why many quote #2 but " conveniently" forget #1.
( perhaps it's because the lifestyle they lead is in violation of #1)
if something in the bible contradicts Gods good charachter-like the eternal hell concept-or condradicts His love for all of humanity-then its wrong-do you agree or do you accept the condradiction

Old 03-27-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagal View Post
God WON'T punish HIS children.
You aren't his until you have accepted him as your Lord and Savior!
wrong-Jesus said we were all His brothers and sisters-christianity didnt even start till years later

Old 03-27-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
That's just it, I think it was Jimmie who said "you don't go to heaven by doing good deeds".

A Christian could kill someone and they would still go to heaven.
A nonbeliever doesn't stand a chance of getting there!

You say, that's just wrong. It isn't wrong, it's what God says!
i never heard anything as stupid in my life-sorry-this makes me laugh-is that why they started the crusades

you reap what you sow-do you not even understand this simple concept-well it was Jesus that said m8

Old 03-27-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
To answer your question: God isn't sending anyone here knowing they will burn in hell forever!
He gave them a choice!
wrong again God does know the outcome of everyones life before they even get here

He knows past,present and FUTURE-or do you beleive He is not an all knowing God,that He has certain limitations

Old 03-27-2010, 01:34 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,218,369 times
I think some people want justification to lead their lives in a sinfull matter .

Old 03-27-2010, 01:35 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,218,369 times
Jesus also said--------" not everyone who says Lord. Lord, shall be saved"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality