Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 10:26 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,385,263 times

Advertisements

I get the distinct feeling that the people who bash gays the most and the loudest are the ones who have homosexual feelings themselves and stupidly believe that they'll go to hell if they act on these feelings. Eh, Nikk. Come on, confess. Don't deny it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 10:27 AM

33,585 posts, read 37,221,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
I did not put homosexuals in the same category as theives and murderers, God did. Anyone who commits adultery is a theif.

Marriage is the covenant of one man and one woman under God. Any sex out of this relationship is Adultery.
God orders adultery in the bible...But we are not talking about adultery are we.

"This said the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun." (II Samuel 12:11)

Quote:
I am bigotted against sin if anything, Just like God.
Yes the god you believe in is also a bigot.

Quote:
So you mean Pure, Holy, Righteous people like me? Yes those will be the people in heaven.
I don't see it, all I see is hatred.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:30 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,445,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Brain physiology. Learn some.

Homosexuals are wired that way. They cannot "choose" their attraction to the same sex any more than you chose your attraction to the opposite sex.

They may, because they are human, override their instinctual desires wired into their brains, but denying one's true nature is long known to be psychologically damaging.

So you are putting homosexuals into the position of "You are, by your nature, an aberration, and in order to not be an aberration, you must act in a way that is damaging and dangerous to you, thus making you unstable."

Is that what you call Christian love?
Christians love people regardless of their sin. But in that same love we tell the truth. Sin is sin and anyone who has sin cannot come before God.

We all have desires, but we do not have to act upon them. The married man who has sex with a woman that is not his wife is commiting adultery. He is sinning and going with his desires. Some of us choose righteousness.

The good news is that regardless of what we have done in our lives we can come to Jesus and ask for forgiveness. It is written, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Roman 10:9-10)

And, "In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace." (Eph. 1:7)

In Jesus Christ, there is forgiveness. But outside of Christ, there is no forgiveness.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:33 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,939,945 times
Don't forget guys, in the Bible, Lot is a role model.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:37 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,445,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
God orders adultery in the bible...But we are not talking about adultery are we.

"This said the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun." (II Samuel 12:11)
So you judge God based on the evil acts of man. God is God and he can do whatever he wants.

Quote:
Yes the god you believe in is also a bigot.
bigoted against you opinion that sin should be tolerated. Yes!

Quote:
I don't see it, all I see is hatred.
So do I aswell.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Some of us choose righteousness.

Some of us have had sex with two women at the same time.

Quote:
The good news is ... there is no forgiveness.
Been there. Got the t-shirt. Gave it to the Salvation Army.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
So you judge God based on the evil acts of man. God is God and he can do whatever he wants.
God raising up evil is an act of god. Indeed, it is an evil act of god. Right there in your good book, god promises to commit, condone, and further evil in the world.

That's gotta sting.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:45 AM

33,585 posts, read 37,221,484 times
Quote:
That's quite the role model ya got there.

Quote:
bigoted against you opinion that sin should be tolerated. Yes!
Sin is just the excuse bigots use to judge and condemn others...It is only a religious concept that varies from one religion to another...It does not apply to me.

Quote:
So do I aswell.
It is good to know yourself isn't it?

Old 04-01-2010, 10:49 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,113,897 times
Well God isn't very good at keeping his own laws, so I guess it's all okay. He seems to have a lot of trouble with "thou shalt not murder."

I've suspected for a long time that one of my family members is gay. He's also a christian, so he'd never come out and admit it. It's kinda sad really. He's probably gonna die alone and miserable believing in a lie.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:59 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,257,410 times
Quote:
Homosexuality is a choice just like drinking alcohol. But the alcoholic wants it to be a disease because he wants to be devoid of responsibility for his actions. The same is for the homosexual!
Ugh, seriously dude? Seriously?

I'm left handed, I have green eyes, I'm 6 feet tall, I'm gay, I'm Swedish and British, I have light brown hair.

Those are things that just ARE. I can't, and didn't CHOOSE any of them like I CHOSE to have a beer last night.

I will never understand why it's so difficult for some people to understand about "choosing" your sexuality. Especially when all they have to do is look at themselves and who they're attracted to.

If it really was a choice, then for every man, woman, dog, horse, cat and bird on earth - every single unit within those species is an exact equal as far as who you would concider having sex with and being attracted to - religion aside. Why is it that for thousands of years, before Christianity, before all religions, in rural tribes today in Africa, in jungle communities that have never seen the outside world - men and woman naturally tend to attract. They don't do it because they're told to, it's just something that develops as you grow older. Homosexuality is identified in countless other animals. In the end it's just a crossing of signals, genes or whatever else that just point a different way in different people. Just like the fact I'm left handed, and 90% of people aren't. It just happened when I was 2 or 3. My parents didn't push it. I didn't CHOOSE it.

So for a guy growing up in the USA, he starts off being equally open to every single man and woman as far as his attractions. Then he stops and says that he's decided to like women instead of men, and then he goes out and finds a woman he likes.

NOT.

I'm attracted to men just like you're attracted to women. It's hard wired. I don't think about it like I think about making myself a bowl of cereal. It just is. A guy walks down the street and my eyes wander. A girl walks down the street and your eyes wander.

I wish people were as concerned about me being gay as they are that I'm left handed. It's getting MUCH better as society progresses, but I have to roll my eyes that many religions just decided to clamp onto homosexuality and go crazy with it. God forbid the writers of the bible had actually been gay - and the 90% of straight people were "damned to hell". Oh what a mess we'd have today with straights pretending to be gay to conform.

Religion has really thrown being gay into a huge pit of chaos. It might not be "normal" for 90% of people, but that does NOT mean that the other 10% of people should pay for that thought process. Especially when me liking another guy has NOTHING to do with your life. It's not destroying anything, it's not stopping you from carrying on, it's not eating your children. Regardless of what some want to think, gay men are no more rapists, child molesters or anything else devious in life than straight men. There are certain types of people who make those CHOICES - and it has nothing to do with the types of people they are naturally attracted to.

Anyway, free to think what you want. I'm perfectly happy with my life, and I'm not harming anyone or anything. Why do people waste to much time freaking out and fretting on homosexuals!? What a waste for them. Calm down and live your life. You only get one.

Last edited by Chicago60614; 04-01-2010 at 11:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality