Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 01:26 PM

9,930 posts, read 13,921,899 times

Advertisements

Question #1 Can Atheists be possessed by demons? Are there instances of this ever happening? Question #2 Has anyone ever had contact with someone, or something, otherworldly? Out of this realm? Random thoughts: I saw a thread that had to do with prophecies from the bible that have come true. The poster asked for examples. I have one. Remember how Jesus was always getting annoyed with his apostles. They were a thick bunch after all! They were always questioning and "doubting" him. He knew his time on earth was limited and they weren't getting the message. One of them asked Jesus (probably one too many times) if he came to save their souls. The exasperated Jesus replied, "No! I've come with a sword to divide." I'm going to have to say Jesus rang the bell on that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 03:00 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,929,640 times
1. No, just like everyone else.
2. No, because if I had it wouldn't be otherworldly, would it?

Old 01-31-2010, 11:47 PM

9,930 posts, read 13,921,899 times
Any and all responses are welcome! Funny, serious, whatever.

The Wondering Wench

Old 02-01-2010, 03:26 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,322,994 times
1. Can athiest be possed by demons?
Yes, it's irrelavant to a demon, and petty, as to whether or not the body it posseses is athiest or a Florida gator fan or a buhdast or a plumber...

that's like saying...can a aithiest be car jacked by a criminal...heck ye they can....

And in response to the first response on here...the poster said if someone encountered a otherworldly being on earth...it wouldn't be otherwordly....hogwash...

When man goes to the moon, since the moon is not his origon, than while on the moon, he's other worldly...just because you see something, doesnt mean it's from here...

Old 02-01-2010, 03:58 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,352,591 times
Demons are part of the continuation of the myths pushed by religions thought out history. They have been used a way to explain what man can’t answer, and a tool of religion to control the masses. History if filled with the deaths of people who the religious suspected of being possessed when in reality they just saw what a fraud religion was or recognized the religious leaders were con men selling only hot air and lies.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:40 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,975,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
Question #1 Can Atheists be possessed by demons?
yes

Quote:
Are there instances of this ever happening?
Yes....but the question becomes "did the individual profess to be an athiest or did they just act like they were while professing something else."

Quote:
Question #2 Has anyone ever had contact with someone, or something, otherworldly? Out of this realm?
Of course. But don't ask too much about it, I am not willing to respond to those who demand that they experience it too or they will have a tantrum.

Quote:
Random thoughts: I saw a thread that had to do with prophecies from the bible that have come true. The poster asked for examples. I have one. Remember how Jesus was always getting annoyed with his apostles. They were a thick bunch after all! They were always questioning and "doubting" him. He knew his time on earth was limited and they weren't getting the message. One of them asked Jesus (probably one too many times) if he came to save their souls. The exasperated Jesus replied, "No! I've come with a sword to divide." I'm going to have to say Jesus rang the bell on that one.
If you would read the Gospel of Thomas, that would be elaborated on........

Old 02-01-2010, 08:56 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,929,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
1. Can athiest be possed by demons?
Yes, it's irrelavant to a demon, and petty, as to whether or not the body it posseses is athiest or a Florida gator fan or a buhdast or a plumber...

that's like saying...can a aithiest be car jacked by a criminal...heck ye they can....

And in response to the first response on here...the poster said if someone encountered a otherworldly being on earth...it wouldn't be otherwordly....hogwash...

When man goes to the moon, since the moon is not his origon, than while on the moon, he's other worldly...just because you see something, doesnt mean it's from here...

I took "otherworldly" in the metaphysical sense as opposed to the planetary sense. I didn't really get the feeling the OP was asking about aliens.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:28 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,339,164 times
Quote:
Question #1 Can Atheists be possessed by demons? Are there instances of this ever happening? Question #2 Has anyone ever had contact with someone, or something, otherworldly? Out of this realm? Random thoughts: I saw a thread that had to do with prophecies from the bible that have come true. The poster asked for examples. I have one. Remember how Jesus was always getting annoyed with his apostles. They were a thick bunch after all! They were always questioning and "doubting" him. He knew his time on earth was limited and they weren't getting the message. One of them asked Jesus (probably one too many times) if he came to save their souls. The exasperated Jesus replied, "No! I've come with a sword to divide." I'm going to have to say Jesus rang the bell on that one.

If you sat on the jury of a person being tried for a homicide, and the person pleaded that "the devil made me do it." Would you believe him/her or would you be more inclined to accept the findings of the testifying psychiatrist(s)? After it was over, would you choose to release that person to clergy to have them exorcised of their demons and be set free (it wasn't their fault), or would you favor that person be sent to a state facility where they could also get psychiatric treatment?

Old 02-01-2010, 09:34 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,322,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
If you sat on the jury of a person being tried for a homicide, and the person pleaded that "the devil made me do it." Would you believe him/her or would you be more inclined to accept the findings of the testifying psychiatrist(s)? After it was over, would you choose to release that person to clergy to have them exorcised of their demons and be set free (it wasn't their fault), or would you favor that person be sent to a state facility where they could also get psychiatric treatment?
Their question is not whether or not demons exist...their question is ,supposing they do exist, and from all we know about demons...can they posses a aithiest...

Like when you discuss Star wars...you discuss the characters and plot lines in the context that 'they're real'...or within the story line...but you wouldn't come in and insist Vader doesn't exist...while discussing Star Wars...

So if indeed demons exist, and have the traits we've all come to learn about them...then yes...they can posse a aithiest...

Regardless of what verdict a jury hands out...I mean after all juries have handed out plenty of wrong inditements in the past...and dna have cleared many.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:51 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,339,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Their question is not whether or not demons exist...their question is ,supposing they do exist, and from all we know about demons...can they posses a aithiest...

Like when you discuss Star wars...you discuss the characters and plot lines in the context that 'they're real'...or within the story line...but you wouldn't come in and insist Vader doesn't exist...while discussing Star Wars...

So if indeed demons exist, and have the traits we've all come to learn about them...then yes...they can posse a aithiest...

Regardless of what verdict a jury hands out...I mean after all juries have handed out plenty of wrong inditements in the past...and dna have cleared many.

This is about a belief system though, not a novel or a science fiction story. You can make that person on trial an atheist, an agnostic, or a believer... it doesn't matter. It comes down to whether the underlying premise has any validity or merit, imo.

Agree on the DNA..... pretty convincing evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality