Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2010, 09:37 AM

50,103 posts, read 20,859,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Failing to read the whole chapter is hardly excusable.
The whole chapter is nothing to do with it. I am merely commenting on your comment.

"Or that he can't. The wickedness of the wicked will be on himself unless God says so."

An entire Book of the Bible will not alter the point of your comment - God can do whatever he likes, including breaking his own rules.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 04-07-2010 at 10:12 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 09:55 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,570,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
The whole chapter in nothing to do with it.
It does.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:57 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,570,496 times
Quote:
Indeed?
Indeed. Garbage.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:11 AM

I suppose it would be a waste of posting time asking that you make some effort to substantiate in any intelligible and intelligent way these Kidbrick - like comments?

Old 04-07-2010, 10:31 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,260,631 times
There are some things one has to look at and place some level of faith in, and that is in the bible and of an understanding of Gods works as stated in the bible.

"Original sin" is a term extrapolated from the book of Genesis as a child like understanding.

The mature understanding is that the process of an earthly vessel (flesh) having acquired intelligence, as a living entity, separates the entity from God, resulting in a death relationship with God.

Ref:Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, (ability to discern good from evil) then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Tell me that each one of us were not born in innocence, and that we in a perticular day and time came to discern good from evil, thus becoming our own god?

That is what the curse is, death by separation as a designed fault.

Now, you and I having been born into this reality is what, in lack of understanding, termed "original sin", and something of which having absolutely no control over, the outcome or end result of this existence.

Enter: The Sacrifice of Jesus

Except the creator initiate the "mode of saving" what He has created, no human vessel could, given the circumstances it was subjected to.

What was needed to achieve the supreme righteous requirement for the overcoming of the conditions of which mankind was subjected to, was a vessel, such as like we are, but empowered with the righteousness of the creator, and give that vessel up in exchange for the whole of mankind.

Thus this verse gives credence: Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The word "gave", is Jesus in exchange for the world; thus the sacrifice.

So then there is "one body", a righteous body, that being the Son of God giving in ransom for the world and in and by which the world can now be saved as an end result.

The real question is concerning all that God and Jesus are, is: Can you bring yourself to believe?

Blessings, AJ

Old 04-07-2010, 10:32 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,110,081 times
Quote:
The whole chapter is nothing to do with it. I am merely commenting on your comment.

"Or that he can't. The wickedness of the wicked will be on himself unless God says so."

An entire Book of the Bible will not alter the point of your comment - God can do whatever he likes, including breaking his own rules.
Really?

You have an example of this?

Show where the law maker breaks His own laws.

Regards
DL

Old 04-07-2010, 10:38 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,110,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
There are some things one has to look at and place some level of faith in, and that is in the bible and of an understanding of Gods works as stated in the bible.

"Original sin" is a term extrapolated from the book of Genesis as a child like understanding.

The mature understanding is that the process of an earthly vessel (flesh) having acquired intelligence, as a living entity, separates the entity from God, resulting in a death relationship with God.

Ref:Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, (ability to discern good from evil) then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Tell me that each one of us were not born in innocence, and that we in a perticular day and time came to discern good from evil, thus becoming our own god?

That is what the curse is, death by separation as a designed fault.

Now, you and I having been born into this reality is what, in lack of understanding, termed "original sin", and something of which having absolutely no control over, the outcome or end result of this existence.

Enter: The Sacrifice of Jesus

Except the creator initiate the "mode of saving" what He has created, no human vessel could, given the circumstances it was subjected to.

What was needed to achieve the supreme righteous requirement for the overcoming of the conditions of which mankind was subjected to, was a vessel, such as like we are, but empowered with the righteousness of the creator, and give that vessel up in exchange for the whole of mankind.

Thus this verse gives credence: Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The word "gave", is Jesus in exchange for the world; thus the sacrifice.

So then there is "one body", a righteous body, that being the Son of God giving in ransom for the world and in and by which the world can now be saved as an end result.

The real question is concerning all that God and Jesus are, is: Can you bring yourself to believe?

Blessings, AJ
Psa 49:7 None [of them] can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

To think that god would create something to die for is just to droll to contemplate.

Is that how you would write your perfect plan? LOL.

Regards
DL

Old 04-07-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Psa 49:7 None [of them] can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

To think that god would create something to die for is just to droll to contemplate.

Is that how you would write your perfect plan? LOL.

Regards
DL
The verse in question has to do with God only period.

Jesus hoped that one of the thief's were His ransom, but as the verse states:"None [of them] can by any means redeem his brother", save God alone!

"To think" is within your ability to reason, but have no understanding of God's reasoning.

Separation is similar to your children becoming their own individuals, apart from you, and into their own world of circumstances.

If you, who brought them into this world, would not sacrifice yourself if one of your children were in danger of loosing their life?

There in is the love of God.

Blessings, AJ

Old 04-07-2010, 11:28 AM

JOB 33:24 Then he is gracious unto him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the pit: I have found a ransom.
THIS JESUS DID WHEN HE TOLD HIM HE WOULD BE WITH HIM IN PARADISE, "THIS DAY", BUT THE THIEF LATER CHANGED HIS TESTIMONY, NOW THE PROMISE HAS NO VALUE. PARADISE IS NOT WHERE JESUS IS GOING, WITHOUT THE PARDON, JESUS MUST GO INTO HELL.
God "must" in the body of Jesus deliver all those before Him by not pardoning Jesus having the sins of the world upon Him.

Jesus as God, will deliver the world back unto Himself, including those that were where Jesus went.

PSA 142:4 I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.

MAR 15:32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

Without faith in God, Jesus was required to come down off the cross, that "we may see" and believe?

Therefore, all things spiritual are hidden from those without faith in God, thus requiring a sign, and if there are none forth coming.........well, things remain as they were before Christ came.

Blessings, AJ

Old 04-07-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Really?

You have an example of this?

Show where the law maker breaks His own laws.

Regards
DL
"The wickedness of the wicked will be on himself (God's rule) unless God says so (God breaks it)."

That is what you said. If that's not the case why did you say it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality