Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 02:41 PM

64,070 posts, read 40,350,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
I would respond but I am up to here today with people who idol worship a book and believe in a miracle working absentee super God who creates talking animals and water walks and must use a woman to reproduce himself so that he can sacrifice himself to himself.

Shove your delusion.
Regards
DL
I feel your pain, brother. All a rational mind can do is marvel at the strange quirks of thought that can entertain such things in all seriousness. It boggles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 05:26 PM

20,464 posts, read 12,857,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
also Jesus said"YOU reap what YOU sow"-not what someone else sowed so yes we are all responsible for our own actions----karma....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Can you provide a Scripture reference?
Jesus did not say that.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:30 PM

20,464 posts, read 12,857,356 times
Quote:
Oh no. Are you planning on riding your scapegoat Jesus into heaven?

Do you plan to ride the cross/load or help carry it?

Regards
DL
Yes! It's the only way to get there.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:02 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,260,775 times
Quote:
Google virgin birth and see where Christianity plagiarized the notion from.

BTW, virgins cannot give birth. They need sperm but if you will bypass all natural requirements with miracles then you will believe in talking animals and water walking and if you do, go away.

I have no time for children who have yet to grow up.

Regards
DL
Of course, that is a no brain-er! Looking at it in the physical sense.

Tell me, concerning the first intelligent being, from where did its breath of life come from?

What brought it into being?

Suppose........ the gods of Greek mythology?

And if so, tell me if we, being the offspring of such gods, were given hope of a life after this one, or were we just slaves to them?

God gave the breath of life to an earthen clay vessel, making of that vessel, a living soul.

Suppose God could breath a life seed in Mary's womb just as easily?

I mean, if you want to place your faith in Greek mythology as truth, then that's your God given right.

I personally have no problem with that, and would not consider demeaning your choice of views.

Now, I would and will object to any ones beliefs who would threaten hurt to others.

Blessings, AJ

Old 04-09-2010, 06:06 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,624,769 times
lots of contradictions in the bible.
more than 1 person doing the writing and talking remember men wrote it not god.
as to this passage. i think its both. we are responsible for our own stuff, but our bad actions affect future generations.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:33 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,260,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
lots of contradictions in the bible.
more than 1 person doing the writing and talking remember men wrote it not god.
as to this passage. i think its both. we are responsible for our own stuff, but our bad actions affect future generations.
Contradictions are because we do not see to understand the spiritual message.

The bible speaks of God devouring, ref: Isa 30:30 And the LORD shall cause his glorious voice to be heard, and shall shew the lighting down of his arm, with the indignation of his anger, and with the flame of a devouring fire, with scattering, and tempest, and hailstones.

Wow! Who would not be afraid of a God like that?

I could just dismiss it all as nonsense, or I could try to understand what is the true meaning of those words apart from what those words mean.

God is a consuming fire: Heb 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Dose that mean that God burns everything and of anybody He wants out of evil?

Or, is there another meaning to the word?

What if the fire is translated as love?

Now we can see that God consumes with love everything not fitting His standards.

Example is in this verse: 1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

If you do an evil deed, what does fire have to do with it, unless the word fire here means to be tried by truth and found wanting?

Consider the termed contradictions a reason to study them and to seek God revelation into their true spiritual meanings.

Blessings, AJ

Old 04-09-2010, 06:59 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,447,949 times
Quote:
I would respond but I am up to here today with people who idol worship a book and believe in a miracle working absentee super God who creates talking animals and water walks and must use a woman to reproduce himself so that he can sacrifice himself to himself.

Shove your delusion.

Regards
DL
Then you are not with people who believe in the bible or the Judeo-Christian God. Christians and Jews do not worship the bible/Torah. Jesus is not absentee, He lives in our hearts. Further he sent the comforter, the Holy Spirit who dwells in us and teaches us all things. God created animals and through them have talked, but this is the supernatural. There are laws that God put into place like you sinking to your neck if you are in a lake, but God can override his own laws and walk on the water. This is the supernatural. God used one woman to bring the Son into the world, but he uses anyone of us who are open to him to do all kinds of amazing things. God died on the cross for the sins of the world.

You may not understand this DL, but how can you, you know not God, nor care to know God. He has given ways for us to find out who he is, but you have rejected the way.

Jesus stands at the door and knocks, whoever opens to him he will come and sup with them. When God comes into your life you will know it. Once he is in your life you know the truth and you see how all other paths were deception. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

We know the Father, you don't know him, but you mock him. You mock in ignorance. If you don't believe our accounts who know him, how will you believe the accounts of the disciples who saw God incarnate in the form of the only begotten Jesus Christ as written in the Holy Bible? Yeshua HaMoshiach!

We do not have a delusion, for we know the truth. If you know the truth, the truth will make you free. But you do not know the truth, we are free, and you remain in your bonds. It is written, it was for freedom that Christ set us free. It is written that he led captivity captive. We were captive, but know we now are free in him.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:09 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,447,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
"The wickedness of the wicked will be on himself (God's rule) unless God says so (God breaks it)."

That is what you said. If that's not the case why did you say it?
Jesus said "and the scriptures cannot be broken". John 10:35

Old 04-09-2010, 07:31 PM

895 posts, read 478,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Christians and Jews do not worship the bible/Torah.
If not, then why the fear and defense against anyone that questions even the smallest of errors within?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Jesus is not absentee, He lives in our hearts. Further he sent the comforter, the Holy Spirit who dwells in us and teaches us all things. God created animals and through them have talked, but this is the supernatural. There are laws that God put into place like you sinking to your neck if you are in a lake, but God can override his own laws and walk on the water. This is the supernatural. God used one woman to bring the Son into the world, but he uses anyone of us who are open to him to do all kinds of amazing things. God died on the cross for the sins of the world.
How did you come to this conclusion?

Old 04-10-2010, 08:48 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,110,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I feel your pain, brother. All a rational mind can do is marvel at the strange quirks of thought that can entertain such things in all seriousness. It boggles.
It may be just a sign of a mind that does not want to think or grow up to adulthood.
Ignorance is bliss.

Regards
DL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality