Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 02:09 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
I gave you the answer in the previous post if you want to consider.

This depends on the conduct and conscience of man:
>> if he behaves righteously and kindly toward the weak and the poor --> God will guide him to be devoted to Him alone --> then will guide him to Paradise in the afterlife.

>> if he worngs people and transgresses on the rights of the weak --> God will misguide him and give Satan control over him, then in the afterlife --> He will punish him in Hell.
Ya ya.

Satan and his talking animals.

Let me repeat---

1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

If you maintain your belief in fantasy then you waste your time with me.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 02:12 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Go preach elsewhere. I am here to reason, not read your dogma.

Regards
DL
I've shown your OP to be incorrect. I'm sure you would like me to leave. Your wish is granted!

Old 05-10-2010, 02:54 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,583 times
Quote:
If you maintain your belief in fantasy then you waste your time with me.

I am not talking to you in fact, but to others by answering your words.

Last edited by eanassir; 05-10-2010 at 03:07 PM..

Old 05-10-2010, 03:02 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,583 times
Quote:
Did Cain have a free choice in not being banished?

Did the people of Sodom or those in Noah's day have the freedom to exercise their choice of living over dying?

Free choice in the Bible is not free choice at all but it is a threat.

Not like that you said.

Cain and the people of Sodom had the free choice either to be righteous or wrong-doers; they chose to be a criminal and homosexuals and worng-doers.

Therefore, they were misguided and punished.

About Cain, this was his dispute with his brother: as in the Quran 5: 27-31
الخ .. فَطَوَّعَتْ لَهُ نَفْسُهُ قَتْلَ أَخِيهِ فَقَتَلَهُ فَأَصْبَحَ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ

The explanation:
Cain and Abel wanted to marry a beautiful woman, and their father told them to offer a sacrifice to God, then the one whose sacrifice is accepted there will come fire out of heaven to burn his sacrifice.

So Abel offered the best of his sheep, while Cain was stingy and offered the bad wheat of his field; so the fire came on the sacrifice of Abel and his sacrifice was accepted; while that of Cain was not accepted; so Cain envied his brother Abel:

([O Mohammed] recite to the [Jews] the story of the two sons of Adam with [telling] the truth [so that they should not be like Cain and invy you];

how they offered [each] an offering; and it was accepted of one of them, and not accepted of the other.

Said [Cain]: "I will surely kill you."

Said [Abel]: "God does accept only of those who ward off [His disobedience.]

"Should you stretch out your hand as for to kill me; I will not stretch out my hand to kill you; [because] I fear God, the Lord of the worlds."

"I wish that you may return [in the afterlife] laden with my sins and your sins, and be [one] of the fellows of the Fire, for such is the recompense of wrong-doers."

Then his soul prompted him [Cain] to kill his brother, so [Cain] killed [Abel], and became one of losers.

Then God sent forth a raven: scratching into the ground [and burying a dead raven with earth]; to show him how to conceal the shame of his brother.

"Alas to me!" Said he, "Am I too helpless to become like this raven and conceal the shame of my brother?" So he became one of the remorseful.)

Quran Interpretation

Old 05-10-2010, 03:28 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Ah, universal redemption! Sorry, not Biblical. Just because God offers redemption to all doesn't mean everyone chooses it.

John 3

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.
That's worthless.

First, that's John talking, and John is no one.

Second, John lacks credibility because his gospel conflicts severely with the other three gospels.

Third, Jesus wasn't god's only begotten son. Yahweh had lots of sons, and by the Ugarit pantheon, Yahweh himself was the son of Bull-El.

Finally, I'm not impressed. A god giving up something is like Bill Gates or George Soros giving up a dollar. What's one dollar when you have several billion?

Um, nothing. That's hardly a sacrifice.

Now, if Yahweh had erectile dysfunction or got castrated creating a new universe or something, then perhaps one could have pity, but then that doesn't say much about Yahweh.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:32 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Yes. He had the choice to do the right thing, but chose otherwise.

Yes. They chose evil deeds over God.
Proverbs 16:4 Yahweh has made all things for himself: even the wicked for the day of evil.

I just blew your free-will argument out of the water.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That's worthless.

First, that's John talking, and John is no one.

Second, John lacks credibility because his gospel conflicts severely with the other three gospels.

Third, Jesus wasn't god's only begotten son. Yahweh had lots of sons, and by the Ugarit pantheon, Yahweh himself was the son of Bull-El.

Finally, I'm not impressed. A god giving up something is like Bill Gates or George Soros giving up a dollar. What's one dollar when you have several billion?

Um, nothing. That's hardly a sacrifice.

Now, if Yahweh had erectile dysfunction or got castrated creating a new universe or something, then perhaps one could have pity, but then that doesn't say much about Yahweh.
You mean John, the one who walked with Jesus for three years?

Last edited by Horn of ‘83; 05-10-2010 at 04:49 PM..

Old 05-10-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Proverbs 16:4 Yahweh has made all things for himself: even the wicked for the day of evil.

I just blew your free-will argument out of the water.
2 Peter 3:9

9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

I just blew it right back at ya!

Old 05-11-2010, 09:32 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
You mean John, the one who walked with Jesus for three years?
Except that John did not write the Gospel of John.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Except that John did not write the Gospel of John.
That is debateable, at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality