Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 12:56 PM

608 posts, read 605,696 times

Advertisements

Sanspeur, do you have the intellectual guts to know the difference between God and religion?

This thread is entitled, "Is this concept of God for myself intelligent?"

My concept of God is as maker of everything that has a beginning, that includes you whether intelligent or not.

Do you have the intellectual guts to talk with me about what I consider to be my concept of God and that the concept is intelligent?

Mind you, just on the concept only, and therefore don't bring existence and that you don't have evidence of God's existence.

That is what I find typical of atheists, no guts to even just get into any really serious discussion on concepts even just on concepts alone.

What is a serious discussion? One that gets ultimately to the totality of existence, just like the place of the concept of infinite regress in the totality of existence, and even all just in concepts only.

Ryrge

Old 06-05-2010, 01:18 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryrge View Post
Title of thread: "Is this concept of God for myself intelligent?"

Here is my concept of God, on concept only, please, so abstain from bringing in questions about evidence, etc., etc., etc.
Maker of everything having a beginning.

Wanted: your feedbacks, anyone here, but please just keep to the concept, abstain from going into the existence of God as per my concept above.

Thanks in advance.

Ryrge

That is a concept, but as far God himself, I wonder if He exists as part of the world or outside the World. Perhaps we have the "world within the World" idea to contend with concept.

I think after-all, we have to believe in the God abstractly for the consequential Concept. If we cannot make our contentment for God himself, then we won't have the notion for a Good Beginning to ideas about entities and living organism. But you definitely wish discontentment. I read at the end.

Is there any realistic science which determines a Beginning of the universe, a beginning of revolving Systems, and a beginning of organic Life? Somehow, the concept of God is putting Him inside and outside the begun system at once. Maybe, on the other hand, you would want a plurality of Gods to be realistically existent in such a System of worlds.

Nevertheless, I would need to believe in the valued God of Mythology and Conscience in order that subsequently I could begin grappling with sciences' mistakes about the Cosmos.

There was the ancient Indian cosmology of a half Earth shell placed upon a giant turtle, placed on a half Earth shell, placed upon a giant Turtle... etc. etc.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:15 PM

33,541 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Sanspeur, do you have the intellectual guts to know the difference between God and religion?

This thread is entitled, "Is this concept of God for myself intelligent?"

My concept of God is as maker of everything that has a beginning, that includes you whether intelligent or not.

Do you have the intellectual guts to talk with me about what I consider to be my concept of God and that the concept is intelligent?

Mind you, just on the concept only, and therefore don't bring existence and that you don't have evidence of God's existence.

That is what I find typical of atheists, no guts to even just get into any really serious discussion on concepts even just on concepts alone.

What is a serious discussion? One that gets ultimately to the totality of existence, just like the place of the concept of infinite regress in the totality of existence, and even all just in concepts only.

Ryrge
If you'll look back on the thread, you will see that I have answered you, but I'll repeat my answer here anyway...I do not believe that the concept of your god or any other being other than myth is intelligent, since I believe that all gods are the inventions of primitive minds...

I don't know what your agenda is, but since all you do is ask the same questions, and make the same statements (including insults) again and again, without answering questions posed to you, these are my last words to you.....Have a nice life.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:36 PM

360 posts, read 444,476 times
Well, then, sanspeur, tell us "primitive" people what has brought you to enlightenment.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:16 PM

33,541 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioanKid View Post
Well, then, sanspeur, tell us "primitive" people what has brought you to enlightenment.
Did I call you primitive? No, I called the inventors of gods thousands of years ago primitive, and they were compared to people today. God was their explanation for all the things they didn't understand...Today we know much more about how the universe and everything in it works, than the people of those times, but some seem to have much trouble letting go of the old myths.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:26 AM

494 posts, read 890,474 times
Quote:

Ryrge
He very clearly answered you but you ignored it as you always do, while making blanket statements about atheists. Read carefully: atheists do not believe in the existence of any gods, period. Therefore asking one of us if we think your version of god is "intelligent" is ludicrous. Frankly I think god-beliefs are ignorant and self-serving. I think it's sad that so many humans still need that psychological crutch. So no, I don't think your god-belief is "intelligent".

Old 06-06-2010, 03:42 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
When I run across this thread again, I still wonder what's so different or sensational about "maker of everything that has a beginning"
Most theists believe that god is the maker of everything......why the necessity of extraneous and possibly exclusive words?
Figure I must be missing something(?)
You have the floor Ryrge......explain to those of us less intelligent how your concept is different from the usual

Old 06-06-2010, 09:24 AM

494 posts, read 890,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
When I run across this thread again, I still wonder what's so different or sensational about "maker of everything that has a beginning"
Most theists believe that god is the maker of everything......why the necessity of extraneous and possibly exclusive words?
Figure I must be missing something(?)
You have the floor Ryrge......explain to those of us less intelligent how your concept is different from the usual
Because he's trying to sidestep around the question of what created his god. He's feebly attempting to place the existence and origin of his imaginary friend outside the rules that control the rest of the universe.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:07 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam's Bikini Wax View Post
He's feebly attempting to place the existence and origin of his imaginary friend outside the rules that control the rest of the universe.
Well sure, but what's unusual about that with deists?
Most gods don't have to conform to the rules that govern everything else.
We all know that!
If, however, he is purposely excluding things that have no beginning.....in other words, have always been.....then, I guess, nothing had to precede or create his god, since his god 'always' exisited.
This is much the same reason why I see no need to imagine a god as creator.....because whatever is always was, in one form or another.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:21 PM

608 posts, read 605,696 times
Default We have got to first agree on what is the concept of God we are discussing about.

We have got to first agree on what is the concept of God we are discussing about.

So, you atheists keep saying that you don't have to come to a concept of God because you deny God's existence.

And I keep telling you that you have got to have a concept of God which you deny existence to.

Is it rational and logical for a human being to deny the existence of something of which he does not want to have a concept of?

Ryrge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality