Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 05:42 PM

608 posts, read 602,885 times

Advertisements

Title of thread: "Is this concept of God for myself intelligent?"

Here is my concept of God, on concept only, please, so abstain from bringing in questions about evidence, etc., etc., etc.
Maker of everything having a beginning.

Wanted: your feedbacks, anyone here, but please just keep to the concept, abstain from going into the existence of God as per my concept above.

Thanks in advance.

Ryrge

Old 05-08-2010, 07:34 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,450,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryrge View Post

Here is my concept of God, on concept only, please, so abstain from bringing in questions about evidence, etc., etc., etc.

Wanted: your feedbacks, anyone here, but please just keep to the concept, abstain from going into the existence of God as per my concept above.

Thanks in advance.

Ryrge
Per the Bible, God had no beginning. Eternal in both directions. Makes my brain ache to think about it.

When Moses asked God what should people call Him the English rendering of the Hebrew is "I Am". Meaning a constant present.

The literal Hebrew words say: I always was, I am and I always will be.

Some Rabbi told me that and it has been confirmed by biblical scholars.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:49 PM

33,493 posts, read 36,930,750 times
No, I don't think it is intelligent at all...Even if there actually is a god, many things are begun without his help.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:52 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,216,152 times
Quote:

Thanks in advance.

Ryrge
Well, you're not really describing your god per se, just one of the things you're claiming that he "does". You need to define what your god is before you can expect anyone to go along with him having "done" anything.

For example, if I said my Volkort was responsible for creating the galaxy, I'm sure you would say "your what"? Simply claiming that an undefined thing (for which there is no proof) is responsible for "doing" something else, does not therefore mean that your undefined thing, exists.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Insults not withstanding, I have begun and built many things myself...
So, what qualifies you to give an opinion of God? Aside from saying He doesn't exist?

Do you know God? Have you studied up on what He is about?

Old 05-08-2010, 08:53 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,216,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
So, what qualifies you to give an opinion of God? Aside from saying He doesn't exist?

Do you know God? Have you studied up on what He is about?
Which god? What qualifies you to give an opinion as to which god does/does not exist? Do you know all of these gods? Have you studied up on every single god out there?

Old 05-08-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
Which god? What qualifies you to give an opinion as to which god does/does not exist? Do you know all of these gods? Have you studied up on every single god out there?
The which god concept is a joke. It only works for atheists. A word game. An effort to sow the seeds of doubt, but it falls flat.

There is only one God worth the effort. The one who created all. The others gods are not worthy of consideration.

Sorry, but that is how it is.

IMO atheists need to think for themselves and not just say what they have been thought

Last edited by Mr5150; 05-08-2010 at 09:14 PM..

Old 05-08-2010, 09:04 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,240,243 times
Quote:

Thanks in advance.
thats not even a concept of God-you'll have to define and then use your intellegence to see if its logical-and take into acount what God is supposed to be-is He good,and then ask yourself what attributes define a good God and then realise that there is no limit to these good qualitys

Old 05-08-2010, 09:05 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,240,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
The which god concept is a joke. It only works for atheists. A word game. An effort to sow the seeds of doubt, but it falls flat.

There is only one God worth the effort. The one who created all. The others gods are not worthy of consideration.

Sorry, but that is how it is.
that is very narrow minded-because to be honest with ya you dont realy know

Old 05-08-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
that is very narrow minded-because to be honest with ya you dont realy know
Got a hint. God is knowable to a degree. You do need to have a relationship with Him tho
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality