Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 04:28 PM

177 posts, read 471,269 times

Advertisements

being a southern baptist, i am an exception for most of my fellow church goers. i dont condemn nor do i look down on homosexuality. i am welcoming of homosexuals and heterosexuals together. i dont feel that homosexuals are incapable of leading a church. for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of god. i have always learned that it was a sin but arent we all born in sin? we are to be in the world not of it. but we are all still sinners. ive always learned that each sin is equal to the other, none being a "golden rule" sin. if homosexuality is a sin, then they are no different than myself-i lead in the church and i regularly cuss in private. i also have sex before marriage and drink alcohol occasionally. this isnt to say because we are all going to sin that we shouldnt try not to. im just saying that i have my own skeletons in the closet and homosexuals have their own in the closet (no pun intended). so why are they to be condemned? we have AA (alcoholics anonymous) in the church buildings. we are accepting of child molesters (as long as they dont want to work in the church nursery) but we shun gays away. this is probably why they frequently live lives steeped in sin partying, having casual sex, etc. if we are not accepting of them, why would they come to christ? if we are to image ourselfs after christ, what image do they see when we look down on them? homosexuality need not be the hidden sin. be loud and pround and gay and serve god and your church!

Old 05-04-2010, 04:33 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Okay, good to know. Tony, on behalf of the LGBT folks he disagrees with, applauds your tolerrance

Old 05-04-2010, 04:50 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermister View Post
being a southern baptist, i am an exception for most of my fellow church goers. i dont condemn nor do i look down on homosexuality. i am welcoming of homosexuals and heterosexuals together. i dont feel that homosexuals are incapable of leading a church. for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of god. i have always learned that it was a sin but arent we all born in sin? we are to be in the world not of it. but we are all still sinners. ive always learned that each sin is equal to the other, none being a "golden rule" sin. if homosexuality is a sin, then they are no different than myself-i lead in the church and i regularly cuss in private. i also have sex before marriage and drink alcohol occasionally. this isnt to say because we are all going to sin that we shouldnt try not to. im just saying that i have my own skeletons in the closet and homosexuals have their own in the closet (no pun intended). so why are they to be condemned? we have AA (alcoholics anonymous) in the church buildings. we are accepting of child molesters (as long as they dont want to work in the church nursery) but we shun gays away. this is probably why they frequently live lives steeped in sin partying, having casual sex, etc. if we are not accepting of them, why would they come to christ? if we are to image ourselfs after christ, what image do they see when we look down on them? homosexuality need not be the hidden sin. be loud and pround and gay and serve god and your church!
I would have a problem with any church leader who lives in sin (any sin), enjoys it, & refuses to leave that sin behind.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:11 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,154 times
o.k.-i dont know what way to take the OP-its seems to me like its sayin-we know theres somethin wrong with ya but we'll accept you's anyway-how can you compare being gay to alcoholism-alcoholism is an addictive destructive disease being gay is just the way some people are -if they aint doin no harm then theres nothin wrong,and all sex is illicit if it is not for procreation.

also how can all sin be the same or equel-if i stole 2 slices of bread from a man would yyou call that equel to- lets say brutally murdering his wife and children-i think its good that you welcome homosexuals to your church but dont judge them any different than anyone else just because your beleifs say they are sinners because they are gay

Old 05-04-2010, 06:25 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,160,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I would have a problem with any church leader who lives in sin (any sin), enjoys it, & refuses to leave that sin behind.

So, you have a problem with everyone in your church then.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:09 PM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Lots of ministers are guilty of gluttony; I'd say you would be getting rid of a lot of clergy.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
So, you have a problem with everyone in your church then.
Nice try. Go back & read again.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
Lots of ministers are guilty of gluttony; I'd say you would be getting rid of a lot of clergy.
Sin is sin.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:14 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
Homosexuality is no more a sin than ducks swimming in a pond. Get over it. Gays and lesbians are God's children. They were created the exact same way you and I were created. The body they inhabit is only that. A body. Once they die, the body will no longer serve them and if you met a gay spirit, you would have no idea he or she was gay because the soul is the real you, not the material body.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:51 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,004 times
Quote:
The scripture in Romans and the verse, "Thou Shalt Not Suffer A Witch To Live" have a lot in common. Primitive mankind had warped ideas about what should and should not be acceptable behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality