Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 10:37 PM

433 posts, read 585,496 times

Advertisements

Actually, religious answers to any unknowns do not go any further than: "God did it -- in 6 days ... wait ... 7 days ... 6 years ... anyway, get down on your knees and pray and repent."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 11:09 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,778,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, the bias is obvious. Have you ever seen a creationist site that laid out and attempted to prove creation, or ID? The only option they have are their lame attempts to somehow make creationism seem valid by trying to discredit science. That is dishonest.
No, they don't discredit science ... they discredit attempts to parade the ToE as truth, when it is not.

Quote:
Not exactly..Science requires evidence, review, testing and re testing...All you have is what you have been told by others....That is not even thinking.
So when has molecules to man evolution ever been tested and re-tested? When has it ever been observed? It hasn't. ToE is not empirical science. Take a long look in the mirror when you accuse others of regurgitating so-called "facts" without thinking.

Once again, arrogance and ignorance run amuck.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:22 AM

33,495 posts, read 36,974,950 times
Ok, then, lay out your case for creation...Your words, not the bible's.

You can also leave out the insults that you use when anything disagrees with what you have been told....They add nothing to the discussion.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:10 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,103,181 times
It's funny someone who believes in nonsense such as Adam and Eve (mind telling us when that was observed?) being real becomes a huge skeptic when it comes to the ToE. Two people who upset God by eating from a magical tree and passed their sins down to the rest of us, that happened for sure. A theory that's stood up to 150 years of scrutiny, that has to be wrong!

Next time you get sick, please don't use antibiotics to make yourself better. They rely on this nasty idea of mutations and natural selection (you know, lies) in bacteria in order to be effective.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:40 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,427,868 times
Quote:
LOL...Yes you would still have dogs, but dogs are a product of men...The original was a wolf...Try this Nikk put some wolves, all the different "kinds" of foxes, coyotes together, throw is a few African wild dogs and see what "kind"comes out...There will only be one "kind". It will be either the wolves, or the African wild dogs...All the rest will have been killed and eaten.....These animals DO NOT interbreed, neither will a horse with a zebra, nor will the various antelope, or deer nor the different bird species...In other words the bible is flat out wrong.
You are wrong. Donkeys have been breed with Zebra's! Mules have breed with other horses, they are not all sterile. All dogs and wolves can interbreed. You do not know what you are talking about!

Old 05-14-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
That is strictly your opinion. I believe the bible is not wrong. I believe it is you who is wrong.

Firstly, what I believe Nikk was trying to convey is that the biblical "kinds" is different from what we today call a "species". Yes, there was an original canine kind from which today's wolves, coyotes, domestic and wild dogs originated. Same with the equine kind from which horses and zebras came from. And BTW, there are zorses and zonkeys (zebras bred with a horse or donkey), as well as tigon and liger (lions & tigers interbreeding) and wholphin (whales & dophins). Yes, it's not common today, but this shows that they originated from the same kind. So Noah didn't have to take 2 of each species of horse known today, or 2 of each species of dog, just 2 from each "kind".

As a bible-believing Christian, apparently different than some of the other professing Christians who have posted here, I take God at His word. Adam & Eve were the original, only 2 humans on earth at the time of creation. Jesus confirms this in Mark 10:6 - NIV --"at the beginning", not millions of years afterwards. There is nothing in the bible to indicate there were "spiritless" humanoids prior to Adam & Eve. That is man imposing his ideas onto the scriptures instead of reading what the scriptures actually say.

I know, it's too difficult for such intelligent folks like yourself to understand.
I agree!

Old 05-14-2010, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
A wholphin? Are you kidding?

Whales started out as large animals that walked on land.
Based on what? There has never been found any evidence to they wild idea.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Funny thing, these are forced breeding, in other words, not naturally occurring. I really dont know what your links have anything to do anything.

"Breeding of different branches of the equine family, which does not occur in the wild, results in infertile offspring"
Zonkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That is not true. Most times it results in sterility, but not all the time!

Old 05-14-2010, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I have seen 'several' on here that exhibit that level of taking the impossible events from the book as a factual description of real events. Actually more than 'several'. I suspect that it is likely they have never been asked about the number of ribs that a man has in comparison to women.
Men and woman have the same number of ribs. God actually took from Adams side. I believe Adam was completely pulled apart. Adam knew something was missing from him when he looked on Eve. He said "this is bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh." So, he saw what was missing from him standing before him.

But regardless if God took one of Adams ribs why would men of today have one less? If my leg gets cut off will my offspring be missing a leg? No. This foolish thinking drives the false hypothesis of evolution. Though this is not the theory, but if you believe that, it will be easier for you to swallow the evolution lie!

Old 05-14-2010, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Whales are known to be descendants of land mammals via several physical characteristics: bones in their flippers which resemble the forelimbs of land mammals, vertical (up-and-down) movement of their spines which resembles a running terrestrial animal, and the fact that they must breathe air. They also carry the remains of hind limbs.

http://www.squidoo.com/whale-evolution
Whales have a pelvic bone which is an important anchoring point for muscles and tendons. The comparisons you are making can equally attributed to common designer then common descent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality