Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 01:18 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,456,566 times

Advertisements

Also, from the above link:
Quote:
... as many as 170 mediaeval authors have written about the...ever-burning lamps.
Harnessing the Heavenly Fires—Elements of Ancient Lightning Rods and Electric Illumination - Forgotten Ages Research
Forgotten history:... the ancient Mycenaeans had utilized signal towers atop mountain peaks throughout the Aegean region which were utilized for “transmitting messages on their golden-beamed flames, as if by another and stranger sun.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 03:52 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
I would like to propose a potentially radical notion. I expect to be criticized for this, since it's so patently outrageous. But, look, I come from Brooklyn and we tend to say what we think around here...

I quote Genesis 9:16, "And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth."

My radical idea is this: suppose the whole story of Noah was written to explain the presence of rainbows to a non-scientific technology?

There; I've put it out there in public. Let Armageddon commence, if that's the penalty.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I would like to propose a potentially radical notion. I expect to be criticized for this, since it's so patently outrageous. But, look, I come from Brooklyn and we tend to say what we think around here...

I quote Genesis 9:16, "And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth."

My radical idea is this: suppose the whole story of Noah was written to explain the presence of rainbows to a non-scientific technology?

There; I've put it out there in public. Let Armageddon commence, if that's the penalty.
You can say whatever you think, as long as you are -somewhat, even borderline- polite, around here

Old 05-13-2010, 09:56 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Default Nonsense

OK June, I'll leave this barking-mad vaporous hypothesis alone. Suffice to say: it's all speculative and unfounded, while her criticisms of modern science continue to be highly insulting to those of us who have taken the time and energy to open our minds and learn a few things. But along comes "psychic pyramid lady" with her spectacularly unbalanced.. oh well. No point, huh.

A loon website and a couple hundred followers doth not the truth make. Some tangible, if minor, degree of plausibility and common sense is generally required; none is offered here.

Plus, the author's predictable, baseless and continuously hostile dismissals of science, engineering and our modern knowledge are compared against, for instance, the simple construction principles of the pyramids (a tapered pile of rocks which does NOT collect electrical energy: prove that one!...) or modern electrical understandings, is specious at best.

So. I'm going to assume this is either rude fundamentalism run amok, or a bait and troll of the first order. In either case, I'm not gonna bite.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:15 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,472 times
Noah the contractor, well who would have thought it, & still plying his trade at the ripe old age of 500, what a guy.
I hope he was'nt employing illegals!

Old 05-15-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
O

Plus, the author's predictable, baseless and continuously hostile dismissals of science, engineering and our modern knowledge are compared against, for instance, the simple construction principles of the pyramids (a tapered pile of rocks which does NOT collect electrical energy: prove that one!...)
science? -as in man made fables, yes, in actual true science, no.

The construction of the Great Pyramid has never been equaled in modern times, and cannot be equaled with the technology that modern man has available

Great Pyramid - Interesting Facts
Quote:

The Great Pyramid is the most remarkable building in existence on the face of our planet today. It was built with such precision that our current technology cannot replicate it. This pyramid is so precisely constructed that until recently (with the advent of laser measuring equipment) scientists were not able to discover some of its subt
le symmetries (not to mention duplicate them).

and-Centre of Land Mass: The Great Pyramid is located at the centre of the land mass of the earth. The east/west parallel that crosses the most land and the north/south meridian that crosses the most land intersect in two places on the earth, one in the ocean and the other at the Great Pyramid.

Old 05-15-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Noah the contractor, well who would have thought it, & still plying his trade at the ripe old age of 500, what a guy.
I hope he was'nt employing illegals!
You got that wrong, too. YHWH Elohym -The LORD God- was the Contractor for the Ark. Noah worked for the LORD, and followed His engineered design of the Ark.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:05 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Note to Albion: sarcasm is wasted!

Old 05-18-2010, 12:12 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
The construction of the Great Pyramid has never been equaled in modern times, and cannot be equaled with the technology that modern man has available
Hmmm....

http://www.tallestskyscrapers.info/i...-buildings.jpg

http://imgs.abduzeedo.com/files/arch...ec1c9eac05.jpg

http://imgs.abduzeedo.com/files/arch...afb3ddd07e.jpg

Now, compared to a rock pyramid? BTw, visit the Luxor Pyramid hotel in Las Vegas: it's far far more complex inside than any ancient pyramid, and was assembled with the aid of lasers to within fractions of a millimeter of construction accuracy.

http://www.vegaspictures.com/photos/aerial/luxor.jpg

Now, compared to an original pyramid?

Pre-Holiday Update 2002

(What's not generally known is that The Luxor is also the location of a secret Government underground control base in which they manage the thoughts and minds of literally billions of people on this Earth through the transmission of secret brain waves. Of course, as is well-known amongst the all-knowing, you can protect yourself by wearing this...

Tin-foil Hat on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ncreedplayer/3210551953/ - broken link)

If you ask your local Federal representative, they will all deny it, but notice that they also have a roll of Reynold's Heavy Duty aluminum foil in their specially equipped limos, or with them in their attache cases!

Go ahead! Ask them! Watch their eyes as they lie to you! YSM knows it too!)

I'm not kidding!

Well, have to go now. Gotta go tune up my brainwave receiver-deflector!

http://www.ioffer.com/img/item/444/2...o_slinkyad.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/weirdnews/1/0/m...Fashion_21.jpg

satellite dish hat on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/alycesantoro/4216713535/ - broken link)
(you didn't know they were photographing you that day, did you, YSM?)

Stay free and "unreceptive", folks!

Old 05-18-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Hmmm....
Get informed.
The Great Pyramid

YouTube - Great Pyramid 3D Electromagnetic Power Plant Walkthrough

http://www.livevideo.com/video/B9FED...the-great.aspx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality