Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 08:27 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,783,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Don't Christians have both the New and Old Testaments as the whole of their Bible?

How am I supposed to know if New Testament Christian or an Old Testament Christian is the real Christian?

I mean, on the one hand you have the peace, love, and forgiveness crowd, and on the other, Leviticus. Both are Christians. Both follow the same Bible.

How's a poor atheist to know?
There is no such thing as an OT Christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 08:59 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,194,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Ranger View Post
It is very wrong to do any of that, and they aren't christians, clearly...
Yeah, they're Christians, insofar as they claim to believe in Jesus, etc.

They may be darn crappy at living what is commonly believed to be Christian principles, but that doesn't mean they aren't Christians.

Unless of course you're a fan of the "No True Scotsman" theory...

Old 05-14-2010, 09:02 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,194,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Oh, lordy. I hardly know where to start.

The Westboro bunch are total jerks. I'm not in favor of what the USA is doing in Afghanistan, but the families of the military casualties deserve an unharrassed funeral. Sure, the protestors have a 'right' to do what they are doing, but should they? It casts a very bad light on them, and on their fellow religionists by association. That holier-than-thou stuff is for the birds. If there is a god, let it make the judgements.
There are a lot of people who have a difficult time with the idea that, just because they have the right to do something, that doesn't mean it's good or necessary to do it.

Old 05-15-2010, 06:34 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,797 times
Basically it all boils down to the fact that, "you should never curse the soldier for doing their sworn duty", specially the fallin soldier. None of us (Military personnel) want to go to war, (not if your human), but we fallow the orders of those appointed over us. We can only hope and pray that those who are in charge know what they are doing when they make the decision the rage war against another country.

Personally I think Bush was and idiot and wanted this war for (OIL) purposes, and not because it is (The right thing to do). The Afghanistan war was started back when the Russians were in there and we stuck our nose in where it didn't belong, because of the CIA.

But still, you don't interrupt a funeral of any kind just because you have an agenda against fighting or anything else. If you want to do that then protest against the government, and quit being cowards about it and going after the fallin soldiers family. It's not that is a (None Christian) thing to do, but it a (Humane) thing not to do. An adult that's of a (Culpable mental state) would never commit such and atrocity against a grieving family, so that would only lead one to think that these people are a pack of retards being lead by a "WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING" as the Bible so graciously puts it.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:12 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Ok, though I rarely respond to your posts as I have trouble taking you seriously, I have to wonder if you have read the Old Testament lately? I pretty sure god not only asked, but ordered many people to be butchered. But, I guess since he's god, it's all good. The rules don't apply to him. "Do as I say, not as I do" dontcha know.

Before This claim of God asking for Battering or butchering people came into your view...What was the Law concerning Murder and killing God gave Moses on stone tablets for them to put into their hearts and minds?

Thou shall not Kill..Murder!...one of those Laws Moses Broke when he was leaving Eygpt!
And because of His SIN, he did not enter the promise land?
...Oh no...he Is in some way with God...for he knew God...and was with him in some way!

No he did not enter Canaan, because he Knew it was being taken (coveted) first, and second (Murdering in war) when God said he would move them from the lands himself..eventually.,
But the promised land was not to be taken, and it was Not Canaan that was promised...it was to be made with God in the wilderness they already possesed!
See..God says to them...Go into Canaan and spy , and take the seeds, and bring them back.

Now We have a God who has brought them fresh running water, and mamma, and everything they needed (seeds)were found and brought to the wilderness...where God was with them and Moses...

Sow the seeds sinlessly, and in how many days?..Eden could be made in peace!...if God and many helpers helped him?...how long would it take, if with only two God made everything in six days?

So the test of following God's word and will and commandments...the Jews failed...and God turned away!...Moses did not enter...and Jesus was sent after John the baptist who knew of their sins too!
So that some could be swayed to listen and stop and turn from their sins!

Your not reading it right!...should go back, and reread the whole thing with the right frame of mind!...knowing the commandments sets things straight with my God in my mind and hopefully yours too?...well lets not ask for miracles eh?....I know you hate God because he is God...has nothing to do with butchering cause He did not butcher anyone!...those who did not listen to God or the laws of God..did the butchering!
And we still have that Going on in the world...wonder why?...cause they still don't listen to God!

Last edited by Sir Les; 05-15-2010 at 09:26 AM..

Old 05-15-2010, 09:22 AM

2,757 posts, read 4,000,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
I don't mind them having their rights to say what they want, but don't disturb the mourning families while going it. If they continue to allow this, then we should be able to break through a funeral precision in traffic because its would be keeping us from getting to where WE want to be, right?
Totally agree.

The word "Christian" is thrown around so much... I don't trust anyone who says they're "Christian".

A serial murderer could say they're "Christian" and "justify" (in their mind) the killings. He/she could say they were done in the name of God.
Sick ...

It's all in the actions, and this group's actions speak more of "infidel" than Christian.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
Totally agree.

The word "Christian" is thrown around so much... I don't trust anyone who says they're "Christian".

A serial murderer could say they're "Christian" and "justify" (in their mind) the killings. He/she could say they were done in the name of God.
Sick ...

It's all in the actions, and this group's actions speak more of "infidel" than Christian.

I would rethink this hypocrisy....Firstly to ponder whether to Send a child into a dangerious war, which is constructed out of lies, corruption, underhandedness, oppression, sanctions, and mockery of their beliefs, and for alterior motives (OIL or WEALTH) not being disclosed to them who are called to support this insanity!...in war!..We break first, a commandment of God....which is a SIN...and SIN Begets More Death and anger of God..to come down upon the lands of those who make death in war or anyother way......

So do not go to war...and their is no sorrow!..do not send your children into any war...especially these days...with such education, and knowledge and gifts,....Do we really have to kill??..that which was made by the above list of attrosities?
DO you really believe you are living in a democracy for the people by the people in freedom?....how many lies do you believe in?
Free trade?...another lie!
Money?...it still isn't worth ****!...but its face value does not reflect its true value these days...so another lie!

Yes they believe more in the lies, than the truth!...and with those lies partly hidden in topsecret estates...they make warfare their game of pleasure!...while sending your children to do the sins they want done!

I do not see sorrow for the fallen murderers who mindlessly kill because someone said this, and someone said Kill them.....and constant sinners who continually break the commandments of God...mindlessly so to boot, dictating who should die!

They are asking for human sacrifices!!!!...and they go?...yep Mindlessly to kill a painted criminal of their detest which they made, and supplied with arms for a nice fee to kill!!!...so killing can be done continually...and it is very profitable!...if you support it, not only with your mind, but with your hands, and the taxes...and the children ofcourse!...and if you send your children into war, or they chose to go to war and kill...then they are already dead!

Ponder that, and your sorrows will turn to anger!
Cause that is what it is!
Smile!

Last edited by Sir Les; 05-15-2010 at 10:50 AM..

Old 05-15-2010, 11:18 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,109,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
who is the mindless one here
Ever read the bible and count the number of people god purposely killed?

Then count the number killed by satan.

Old 05-15-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Ever read the bible and count the number of people god purposely killed?

Then count the number killed by satan.

Thanks....
Who ever was taken in death that is worthy enough..(those who die doing righteousness and following Jesus and God's word and fulfilling Gods will)...God can restore to life...so really if God so choses...and we behave ourselves and listen, and do what God says....those whom we loved that are taken by sin, that had no sin, can be restored!
Jesus Proved that...SO no worries right?

Ah the kicker is this...If we do not do...we do not recieve the blessings!

And saying God bless America or anyother sinning nation ,has to be pondered..which God they believe in?...if they make destitution, oppression, corruption, Idolatry, sexual ludeness, sin, and evil of all kinds, and warfare, their moto of the day!...what rewards do you think is coming for them from the real God of creation?
The same measure you give, is the measure they will recieve!

And to point out the last lie they now tell..for the war in Afghanistan...because they cannot find the one they claim did something wrong to them?....They now kill others who have done nothing wrong to anyone outside their lands...and they say they are doing Good by killing them because they hold a gun they were sold by the ones saying and killing and invading, and cutting down their lands?...painting them terrorists?...what a hypocrisy?

Yah God Bless em more Please !

Old 05-15-2010, 12:04 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,109,209 times
Please try to make some sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality