Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 05:19 PM

10,747 posts, read 23,804,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgoodChristian View Post
saved from hell.
you're doing a good job of creating your own hell here on earth, casting judgements and not practicing moral standards, a reflection of your own insecurity and irrational paranoia AbadChristian.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 05-16-2010 at 05:34 PM..

Old 05-16-2010, 06:32 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,552,296 times
Quote:
saved from hell.
Yet, if they don't believe as you would have them believe, they don't believe in this hell of yours.

So, once again, saved from what?

Old 05-16-2010, 08:54 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,616,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
Many people read the Bible who don't believe it to be divinely inspired. It's the most influential book in Western civilization. Surely you could understand how even non-believers would have a curiosity towards it.

An afterlife? I don't know. I'd have to die (really die, no NDE), come back, and then get back to you with a concrete answer to that. I'm all for a life after this one. That doesn't mean I think one exist.

Same goes for a deity. Many atheist are agnostics. You won't find many who know there isn't a God and that it's already a closed case.

Oh boy....I think I'll mostly leave your last comment alone. This thread will plummet into a few hundred pages of back and forth bickering between non-believers and believers if we go there.

Let's just say your eyes aren't perfect. They're actually wired backwards.
I actually like your answers! You make sense, you don't seem to be too confused or arrogant! Your one of the FEW atheist I can actually TALK to. Most of them I just argue with for days on end.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:17 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,165 times
Default Atheists? They believe that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post
That's the most frequently asked question from a religious person -- how would you answer it?

Well, it may come in different versions, but they all mean the same thing:

"What do atheists believe?"
"What do you think created the universe?"
"What are your moral values and worldview?"
"Is nature your God?"

I get my free time here, but atheists believe in the cyphered experience of anti-nature being my relationship for the improved god creating peace without the need to withdraw from human situations.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:00 AM

49 posts, read 64,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Yet, if they don't believe as you would have them believe, they don't believe in this hell of yours.

So, once again, saved from what?
Just because you don't want to believe in it doesnt mean it doesnt exist. If you say "I dont believe in cars" and then walk in the middle of a highway you will still get run over

so once again saved from hell.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:04 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,440,479 times
Default What is atheist's God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post
That's the most frequently asked question from a religious person -- how would you answer it?

Well, it may come in different versions, but they all mean the same thing:

"What do atheists believe?"
"What do you think created the universe?"
"What are your moral values and worldview?"
"Is nature your God?"

Believers simply can't process the concept of nonbelief.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Just because you don't want to believe in it doesn't mean it doesnt exist. If you say "I dont believe in cars" and then walk in the middle of a highway you will still get run over

Just because you want to believe in it doesn't make it true.

You continue to put up weak and easily disproved arguments and consider that everyone should immediately recognize your brilliance and devoutness.

You have proved nothing except that you believe only that which you wish to believe. Others disagree (a vast majority of humanity btw).

So, this time really try to answer, since there is no hell (even in your bible).

So once again, saved from what?

Last edited by Arjay51; 05-17-2010 at 08:28 AM..

Old 05-17-2010, 08:15 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,522,660 times
Quote:
Just because you don't want to believe in it doesnt mean it doesnt exist. If you say "I dont believe in cars" and then walk in the middle of a highway you will still get run over

That would provide some anecdotal evidence supporting the existence of cars. Now if you had some anecdotal evidence to support the existence of Mr. deity then you would have used that in your example.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:17 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,522,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Believers simply can't process the concept of nonbelief.
I think that is the root of the problem. The question is why

Old 05-17-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I think that is the root of the problem. The question is why
Possibly because then they would have to take respondsibility for their own actions and not have a parental figure to forgive them and tell them it is alright?

Just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality