Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 10:00 PM

208 posts, read 476,687 times

Advertisements

Church In Connecticut Holds A Gay Exorcism To Remove Gay Demons From Teen!

After viewing this video, I'd like to ask you two questions (1) do you think there is a "homosexual demon" and (2) from what you see, is this young man demon possessed? I get asked this question frequently and just wanted to gauge what you know/believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CNdXeKL54g
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 10:10 PM

33,571 posts, read 37,188,083 times
Jeez, that poor kid.
To anwer both of your questions...No, demons are in the same realm as vampires...They don't exist except in deluded minds.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:14 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,488,894 times
I picture a homosexual demon as having a disco ball floating above him.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:36 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,638,050 times
I agree that this is a disturbing bit of video but it makes me wonder what the circumstances were that led to the filming of this so called gay exorcism. The most likely scenario is that this is a young guy who either had family members or others that he was close to that discovered that he was attracted to men and put a sense of guilt on him which eventually led to this sick display of sadistic psychological torture. It's really not that far removed from the thinking that was common when the Salem witch trials were held a few hundred years ago. I would imagine that this young man will suffer emotional and psychological problems for a very long time. Very sad.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:19 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,753,546 times
Tony's donating money for that church

Old 01-12-2010, 08:55 PM

478 posts, read 774,617 times
I don't think I'd be so surprised if this were a film on a heathen tribe or something living in the raw Outback, but to think that these people live right here in a supposedly civilized America, in MODERN TIMES and are behaving like that...how utterly disturbing! So what next for this poor kid? After this ridiculous display they're calling an "exorcism" he'll still be gay. Duh. But if he doesn't end up committing suicide (which I hate to even say and I bless him now, as I write, that he can find the strength to remove himself from such toxic people) as a result of guilt that he still isn't "cured", he'll probably later get married and live a sham of a life, making himself, and his poor wife miserable- and I'd say there's a good chance he will cheat on her with a man at some point or another. Is that being true to god and onesself?!? Or, if he doesn't find the strength to leave, and cannot bear to live a lie and get married to a woman, he might pretend to live a celibate lifestyle to please his nasty and judgemental church, but have uncommitted sexual relationships with various men on the sly in order not to get caught, and live with a lifetime of guilt.

My heart goes out to this boy. I am trying very hard to contain my anger and not say anything more than I already have about the orchestrators of this ritual, so all I'll say is shame on them for perpetuating such an archaic notion that homosexuality is a "demon" and can actually be expelled from one's body. And just like Montanaguy said, I'm sure if it were socially acceptable they'd burn him at the stake like they did the "witches" in the 1600s...

Old 01-12-2010, 09:01 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,338,926 times
...Stupid does what stupid is!

Old 01-12-2010, 09:11 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,962,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helios666 View Post
I don't think I'd be so surprised if this were a film on a heathen tribe or something living in the raw Outback, but to think that these people live right here in a supposedly civilized America, in MODERN TIMES and are behaving like that...how utterly disturbing!

The irony of it all (what you said about a heathen tribe) is that at least in my Nation (Comanche), homosexuals were/are not outcast or seen as something wrong. They were accepted. This, AFAIK, is universal among North American native tribes. In some, they are even seen as sacred beings, called two-spirit, by some tribes.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:24 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,419,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullenite View Post
Church In Connecticut Holds A Gay Exorcism To Remove Gay Demons From Teen!

After viewing this video, I'd like to ask you two questions (1) do you think there is a "homosexual demon" and (2) from what you see, is this young man demon possessed? I get asked this question frequently and just wanted to gauge what you know/believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CNdXeKL54g
No and NO.

What I see is child abuse.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:25 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,419,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
The irony of it all (what you said about a heathen tribe) is that at least in my Nation (Comanche), homosexuals were/are not outcast or seen as something wrong. They were accepted. This, AFAIK, is universal among North American native tribes. In some, they are even seen as sacred beings, called two-spirit, by some tribes.
European anthropolgists termed them "Berdache".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality