Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 11:18 AM

433 posts, read 587,056 times

Advertisements

Except a few terrorists suicide attackers, I doubt anyone is a real believer. One test shows everyone is a fake is: when asked if anyone is willing to end his own life for the faith-based "afterlife" in eternity, all will crack. They all turn into atheists -- "afterlife" is death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 05:01 PM

All theists better agree with atheists: "afterlife" is really death; there is no such thing as "afterlife".

Obviously they do agree, since no theists are willing to end their lives for the so-called "afterlife".

Old 05-18-2010, 05:07 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,181,294 times
I've had similar thoughts for a longtime...
from observation, it's often evident that most want to promote their own values and merely use god as a tool. This is why those same pious believers reject the word of god (and Jesus) if it goes against their own actions.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:11 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,540,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post
All theists better agree with atheists: "afterlife" is really death; there is no such thing as "afterlife".
Sure thing, Vic. Whatever you say.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:17 PM

142 posts, read 249,578 times
Vic is relentless. But it isn't the kind of relentless where as a believer I stop and go hmm, never thought about that before, maybe he/she has a point. It's the kind of relentless where I go, are you serious? I can't believe you're attempting to validate this claim.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:40 PM

117 posts, read 144,514 times
well as a catholic, what you are asking is me committing suicide to prove my belief in afterlife. i will be going against my catholic belief that suicide is a sin and why would i do that when i am aiming for afterlife in heaven and not hell and our belief is suicide sends u straight to hell. does that answer your question in catholic point of view?

in short a catholic saying no to your dare is proof of their belief in afterlife. u shld ask a UR and if they say no then they are a joke.

Last edited by evofreaks; 05-18-2010 at 07:05 PM..

Old 05-18-2010, 07:06 PM

142 posts, read 249,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post
Then, just say "I disagree."
Sorry if I was being mean. Maybe I shouldn't have said it that way.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:02 PM

Just want to point out -- delusion is a dangerous thing -- always respect evidences.

When there is no evidence suggesting a specific/positive claim, do not believe it !

Some people center their lives around myths, this is a totally wrong way of life. Often, myths have been used as a tool to control others. Religions are such examples. "Afterlife" is so typical of religion: if no one knows, why some people advocating it with all the stories and religious codes around it?

Old 05-18-2010, 10:15 PM

117 posts, read 144,514 times
the not believing in the afterlife is actually what boggles me with atheists. i dont know how u are alright that when u die thats it. so after all the knowledge of evolution and all that crap. when u die u and everything u know will go to oblivion. so what's the point? i don't get it.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evofreaks View Post
the not believing in the afterlife is actually what boggles me with atheists. i dont know how u are alright that when u die thats it. so after all the knowledge of evolution and all that crap. when u die u and everything u know will go to oblivion. so what's the point? i don't get it.
The point is, you only got one life to live, make the best out of it. Some preachers want you to worry about after death and waste time in real life on myths, that's a wrong way to live your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality