Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2010, 08:46 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,950,661 times

Advertisements

God(whatever that shall be) is all knowing, and will always exist. Would this so called god grow tired of having to exist forever? To escape this reality of having to exist forever, could this so called greater sentient GOD being decide that it wants to exist without such knowledge in a certain existence. Would that existence not resemble humanity(more exact the experience of any DNA creature) in some fashions? Think you see where I am heading to...................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 08:54 PM

783 posts, read 1,327,087 times
No.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:34 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
Seems to me to be pointless speculation about something we know nothing about - not even whether it exists.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:56 AM

290 posts, read 388,800 times
As I understand it, an impersonal energy/force "god" does not have the conscious mind therefore would not have the capacity to desire to cease to exist. The Scriptual model of God, is, traditionally, conscious. However, I seriously doubt this Scriptual model would grow tired of existing. Growing tired, desire to stop existing and dissatisfaction are signs of imperfection which contradict God's fundamental nature (as we believe it to be).

Old 05-31-2010, 08:11 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,796 times
i agree,and coming from Vedic scources God not only exists an the immpersonal Brahman,but also as Paramatma and Bhagavan-the Personal feature of God,

i remember hearing once that because God is eternally expanding Himself and His energy's that he is always learning more about Himself,also the ecstatic transcendental bliss that He is ,is forever getting better,when we reach the destination of the spiritual universe we too will experience this forever getting better bliss,so whatever is goin on on the outside our hearts will be feeling this Devine Love of God thats always getting better!!!!

Old 05-31-2010, 08:28 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,923,337 times
Default God, thinking about his own suicide.

His personal realization of just how terribly wrong the Earth experiment has gone has likely prompted Him to drift off to some other location (thus abandoning us to our own sorry end...) where He's running a far more productive experiment with beings who He's implanted a higher set of morals, ethics and honesty.

He's also no doubt provided a far better "design", without lower back pain, an inherently weak spinal design, kidney stones, arthritis, or Alzheimer's disease, with eyes in the backs of their heads, with no free will to muddy the spiritual waters, and with a built-in mandatory obedience to Him. In short, a bunch of healthy drones.

No doubt about it though; if He's really omnipotent, He's also bored as hell. Especially when He's completely aware of how these things always turn out.

In the end, He'll probably pull the plug on this entire universe. And Himself as well. Or come back here and beg our forgiveness, and membership in the local Veteran's Lodge. Hey; I'd buy Him a brewsky, no problem.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:31 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
His personal realization of just how terribly wrong the Earth experiment has gone has likely prompted Him to drift off to some other location (thus abandoning us to our own sorry end...) where He's running a far more productive experiment with beings who He's implanted a higher set of morals, ethics and honesty.

He's also no doubt provided a far better "design", without lower back pain, an inherently weak spinal design, kidney stones, arthritis, or Alzheimer's disease, with eyes in the backs of their heads, with no free will to muddy the spiritual waters, and with a built-in mandatory obedience to Him. In short, a bunch of healthy drones.

No doubt about it though; if He's really omnipotent, He's also bored as hell. Especially when He's completely aware of how these things always turn out.

In the end, He'll probably pull the plug on this entire universe. And Himself as well. Or come back here and beg our forgiveness, and membership in the local Veteran's Lodge. Hey; I'd buy Him a brewsky, no problem.
although i hear the sarcasm,youve actually hit on a couple of truth's there too-there are higher existences within the material universe,these are called the heavenly planets,Brahmaloka being the highest,where Lord Brahma resides,one day on His planet is 4.2 billion earth years,although there is very little pain and alot of pleasure existing on these planetary sytems,all in all they are still temporary,

God will someday destroy this whole universe,just as it was created,the energy used to create the univese is eternal but the manifestation is only temporary,God(Vishnu)-Maha Vishnu actually,a giant expansion of God,is breathing out these universes and in a single breath,innumerable universes are exhaled and on the inhale they are sucked back in-but the real goal is to break free from the bondage of material existence which is always full of misery's even on the highest planets,that is to say compared to the Vaikunta planets which are eternally situated in the spiritual sky!!!

as for God getting bored,well if you look into Vedic teaching's you'll find that He is always incarnating somewhere,and at the same time existing on all the spiritual planets simultaneosly,sometimes He incarnates as a warrior or a teacher or a hero,or a lover,father son,brother,king,or all the above and more,as i said because He is continuosly expanding Himself and His energy's He is always learning somethin new about Himself,God doesent do mundane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality