Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 04:38 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,617,442 times

Advertisements

I guess I don't have much of an imagination when it comes to heaven. As a Christian I should have it all worked out, right? Well I don't. I liked what GCS said, I think it would be pretty cool to meet all of my direct ancestors and get to know them and what there life was like.

Since Christ said He was going to go prepare a place for us, I assume that they will be mansions of the best quality since they will be built by the world's (universe) best carpenter. I don't think life in heaven will be much different than life now, except without all the pain, suffering and dying. Time won't exist so anything enjoyable that we do will last as long as we want it to until we tire of it. Unlike now, the fun flies by while the reality of everyday living and working drags on.

As far as what heaven looks like, it will be on earth. The earth will look completely different since it will be destroyed by fire and restored, but it will be beautiful. We can't imagine the beauty of it. The Bible says that there will be no more seas so all the water will be pure and clean, no worries of sharks or killer whales. Everyone will be recognizable, although we will have glorified bodies. Other than that, I don't have a clue. No one does. I just know that there will be no more of the horrible things that exist in our world today and that to me is enough to look forward to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 04:45 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,544,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
And, if I know my ancestry like I think I do, there better be an awfully large tavern in heaven where we can all sit around and tell life stories as we suck down heaven's finest beers.
"I'd like to give a lake of beer to God.

I'd love the Heavenly

Host to be tippling there

For all eternity.

I'd love the men of Heaven to live with me,

To dance and sing.

If they wanted, I'd put at their disposal

Vats of suffering.

White cups of love I''d give them,

With a heart and a half;

Sweet pitchers of mercy I'd offer

To every man.

I'd make Heaven a cheerful spot,

Because the happy heart is true.

I'd make the men contented for their own sake

I'd like Jesus to love me too.

I'd like the people of heaven to gather

From all the parishes around,

I'd give a special welcome to the women,

The three Marys of great renown.

I'd sit with the men, the women of God

There by the lake of beer

We'd be drinking good health forever

And every drop would be a prayer."

Traditionally attributed to St. Brigid of Ireland. I'm not a drinker myself so not sure what to say of it.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:02 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,167,243 times
I want to see the family and friends that have gone before. And the ones that started the family tree cycle and kept it going.
I don't care much about fancy things.
I just want to be happy, content and safe.
And a big bluegill lake where me and my Dad can go fishing again.
And I would love to go camping with my son-in-law who died young in an industrial accident and just sit by a campfire and roast hotdogs and marshmellows like we used to do.
And of course, I want to meet the Man that created it all for all of us here on earth.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:53 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,516,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
Me I would love to live in a nice luxurious mansion located on top of a hill filled with everything I want such as nice furniture, nice stereo equipment, a brand new luxury SUV, a brand new luxury car, a classic luxury convertible and a classic high performance luxury car, I would also love to get reunited with all of my loved ones (family, friends, acquaintances) and rebuild my relationships with them, meet new people and build relationships with them as well, I would also love to play music with all of my favorite musicians and jam with them.

I would also love to constantly eat all of my favorite meals without worrying about getting fat or getting diseases, go railfanning whenever I want and have all of the railroad companies come back to existence.
So, you're special, and you see yourself as superior to others in heaven. Why do I say that you ask? Well who is going to clean your mansion, change the oil and other maintenance on your luxury SUV, luxury car, luxury convertible, and high performance luxury car. Who is going to be fixing all your favorite meals.

How have you twisted your religion into something to satisfy your materialistic greed? Isn't it supposed to be spiritual?

Old 06-02-2010, 12:11 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,586,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
So, you're special, and you see yourself as superior to others in heaven.
Not in the least, people who aren't Christian. I didn't get the memo explaining that heaven is a "restricted neighborhood."

Old 06-02-2010, 02:21 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,516,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Not in the least, people who aren't Christian. I didn't get the memo explaining that heaven is a "restricted neighborhood."
You missed the point, Mopac wants to live in the ritzy neighborhood, Mansions, a fleet of luxury cars, silly materialistic stuff. With mansions comes lots of work, who is going to do all the work, Mopac certainly didn't mention landscaping or cleaning on his list, so what lesser inhabitants of heaven does he think will be doing the chores. Though they weren't mentioned, sounds like servants are part of his vision.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:45 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,586,806 times
If he envisions servants in heaven, then something tells me he's going to wind up maintaining that mansion all by his lonesome. I wonder who envisions spending eternity in heaven as a servant?

Oh, wait, I apologize. He was specifically asking Christians what they would like to do in heaven. I recuse myself on the grounds that I'm not qualified to speak to a Christian heaven.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:10 PM

55 posts, read 70,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Like I said earlier, prepare for major disappointment.
Likewise to the non-believer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality