Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 07:39 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,549,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
I don't know, I've always imagined Heaven to be more things to do there than what exists in the whole entire world, also will I get to have a million times more rewards in Heaven than the richest wealthiest person has gotten here on Earth?
Like I said earlier, prepare for major disappointment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 07:39 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,400,656 times
Quote:
I don't know, I've always imagined Heaven to be more things to do there than what exists in the whole entire world, also will I get to have a million times more rewards in Heaven than the richest wealthiest person has gotten here on Earth?
So it's a theme Park? But first you have to get your fat arse through the eye of the needle.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:41 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,107,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Like I said earlier, prepare for major disappointment.
What do you believe Heaven is gonna be like?

Old 05-31-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
So it's a theme Park? But first you have to get your fat arse through the eye of the needle.
I do believe that anybody who accepts Jesus as their Lord and Saviour and believes that He is the Son of God and has died for our sins and rose back from the dead and that as long as we are living on God's path we will be able to enter the Kingdom of Heaven

Old 05-31-2010, 07:46 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,196,890 times
I heard that heaven has roller-coasters, pin ball machines, peep shows, and lots of bars.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I heard that heaven has roller-coasters, pin ball machines, peep shows, and lots of bars.
I would love the roller coasters and the pin ball machines, fortunately I don't drink and I'm not a big fan of bars

Old 05-31-2010, 09:22 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,574,518 times
When I was a little boy I imagined it mostly as dancing and singing and things. Later I thought of it in terms of being able to talk with the great minds of history and travel to any place past or future. As as the more supported things in Christian like basking in the love of God and having everyone there be like family regardless of race, language, etc. (To an extent regardless of religion and sexual orientation, but those two I believe are true in somewhat restrained circumstances) And maybe it's all that: Dancing, singing, being one family, being with God, talking with Great Minds, etc. In "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey" they imply even extraterrestrials can go to Heaven and if they exist I guess I don't see why not. Maybe it's not just the ability to go to different times (or simulations thereof) but to transcend space too and visit other worlds, other realities. To have all knowledge at your fingertips and an exhilarating sublime joy.

Anyway back to more specific to what I'd like I guess the transcending time and space, talking with all kinds of people, and music. Her rather wild lifestyle might mean she's in Hell, but it would be nice to hear Billie Holiday or some simulacrum thereof. And then there's Oscar Peterson or Miles Davis. Or in the R&B type world James Brown, Otis Redding, and the like. Or on a different tack Vivaldi. He was a Catholic priest, and I don't think one of the bad ones, so likely he'd be there.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:33 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,463,608 times
Me? I would just love to see some of my family members again and have a good old chin-wag with them! Second to that (I know how I am horrifying many of the staunch believers here!), other than the obvious one of being in the presence of God, I would love to meet with many of the saints I have prayed to and admired. After that, and I would be in no rush!, how about meeting some of the famous historical figures I have long admired? And then, while happy to spend the rest of my time with my aforementioned family members, it would be fun (to ask someone who knew the answers) to have a few old mystery crimes solved/answered!

Old 06-01-2010, 03:30 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,397,563 times
Quote:
Me I would love to live in a nice luxurious mansion located on top of a hill filled with everything I want such as nice furniture, nice stereo equipment, a brand new luxury SUV, a brand new luxury car, a classic luxury convertible and a classic high performance luxury car, I would also love to get reunited with all of my loved ones (family, friends, acquaintances) and rebuild my relationships with them, meet new people and build relationships with them as well, I would also love to play music with all of my favorite musicians and jam with them.

I would also love to constantly eat all of my favorite meals without worrying about getting fat or getting diseases, go railfanning whenever I want and have all of the railroad companies come back to existence.
But would you like to do that.... for thousands and thousands and thousands of years?

Old 06-01-2010, 03:46 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,466,117 times
I don't believe in heaven but I was somehow dragged into a conversation several months ago about what heaven would be like. Not being a believer in heaven (or hell), or even an afterlife at all, I guess I never really thought about it that much. But, after listening to people talk about how great it would be to follow Jesus around like a bunch of puppies, or smoke hashish through a "bong-harp," and other boring sentiments, I thought of something that I think would definitely be pretty interesting.

I would like to meet every single one of my direct ancestors. I think it would be a truly awesome experience to meet the bad ones, the good ones, the boring ones, and the absolutely crazy ones. I'd love to hear their life stories - their trials, tragedies, heroics, and good times. I'd like to do it in order too - starting with the first troglodyte and moving through the evolutionary chain until I got to my own father. What the heck, right? I've got an eternity! And I'd like to track their lives across the globe to see how my lineage moved from one place to the other.

I wouldn't want them to be "heavenly" either. I'd want them to be as they were on Earth. It'd be interesting to see how many of my great-great-great-great-grandparents I loved or, even, how many of them I couldn't stand. I'd also love to see how many of their character traits and personalities resembled mine...

And, if I know my ancestry like I think I do, there better be an awfully large tavern in heaven where we can all sit around and tell life stories as we suck down heaven's finest beers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality