Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 12:12 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
It is not God who slaughters in the name of democracy and conquest under an Idol told not to have, it is humans who do!
Sir Les, I agree with you up to THIS point. An imaginary god did not and does not command atrocities except in mythical books. Unfortunately for history and human progression, 2 of them (said books) are considered to be the actual word of said imaginary gods and some people take them VERY seriously. What you have is roundabout schizophrenia. We have books that were written telling us about people hearing voices (Abraham, Moses, Samuel, Muhammad, Ezekiel, etc) that they claimed was god speaking to them and billions today believe with unwavering faith that those people who heard these voices actually heard those voices. People TODAY who believe in people who claimed that they heard voices 3,000 plus years ago are...well, shall we say, interesting.

There is no god (well none that I know of). All we have are human beings with their own evil and greedy designs who dreamt up deities to excuse their own evil, lusts, greed and other wickedness. There is some saying that says that people will do good or evil regardless but for GOOD people to do evil, they need religion/gods/holy books to find the justification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 12:35 PM

55 posts, read 70,258 times
I'll put my trust in the Bible ,not a ridiculous YouTube videos.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:00 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
^^^

Case in point.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:11 PM

220 posts, read 222,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelouerbacker View Post
Drop your book of fairy tales and remove the blinders. It's really not that bad, really!

Old 06-02-2010, 01:22 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,162,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consent Withdrawn View Post
But how do you know it is the soul of God and not just your own moral conscience? And what do you say to those who believe that the soul of God has told them to murder their children, or murder doctors, etc.

Now I will say that your version of religious belief is definitely more palatable than the fundamentalist variety. But governments and major religions with the goal of controlling and subjugating the masses could never have been instituted with your kind of theology; which is probably why your kind of theology never became dominant.
It's a spiritual experience... not material or earthly. It takes an awakening of our soul for this to occur... it's not of our minds.

I say the people who committed such atrocities are or were mentally ill.

I agree with your last analysis... it's all about controlling the sheeple... luckily, I'm not one of those. What I know is in the infancy stage as it were... so consider yourself fortunate to learn about it as I did.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:17 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
God is Imaginary - 50 simple proofs

Old 06-03-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Indeed, that God is imaginary... however, our loving Heavenly Father is not.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:10 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelouerbacker View Post
That sounds like blasphemy! God created youtube so that we may hear (and see) what he has to tell us.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:42 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Indeed, that God is imaginary... however, our loving Heavenly Father is not.
Same god,,,,,sorry. Cant just choose to ignore the ugly

Old 06-03-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Same god,,,,,sorry. Cant just choose to ignore the ugly
You know it just hurts my heart to read such rubbish as it is all such a pack of lies... if and when your soul ever awakens, you'll know what I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality