Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 05:29 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam's Bikini Wax View Post
This is an anonymous Internet message forum. He can claim to be whatever he wishes. As far as his original post goes, believe whatever you want, just don't try to compel others to conform to your beliefs.
I'm not even convinced the op is not evofreak pretending to be someone else, let alone someone with any knowledge of evolution.

The fact is that if this was a scientist with pretty conclusive evidence that debunks the theory of evolution then the proof would be published in a peer-reviewed journal and would *gasp* be taken seriously.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:39 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Yeah! I can leave this supercilious thread in peace. GSCTroop has ridden in, with his wonderful metaphors, spreading truth & light. I mean it, GS: you got 'em by the short'n curlies here.

PS: does it hurt, evo?
Don't 100% straight-down-the-line disagree with much you've ever posted rifle...you know how much I respect your knowledge...but giving props to what just might be the most rotten low-down nasty thing I've ever seen on this board is not what I would expect of a man of your caliber.

***"aborted turd floating in toilet water called Creationism...previously mentioned bowel movement alluded to in paragraph one"***

He's saying that about what he knows many people believe to be the inspired word of their God. Regardless of his opinion on the validity of that...only a low-class bum would refer to it the way he did.

It is probably true he likes to reach in the area of those short'n curlies...he strikes me as that kind of guy. I submit...he isn't describing Creationism...but describing himself. That's my opinion of him now, anyway.

No Believer ever wrote anything like that in debate of the Atheists' viewpoint.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:40 PM

117 posts, read 144,573 times
ugh. i cant wait for that ark to be declared the real deal. but i am sure it is the evolutionists turn to retort.. but.. but... my butt. cephus has been awfully quiet.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:48 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
I'm not even convinced the op is not evofreak pretending to be someone else, let alone someone with any knowledge of evolution.

The fact is that if this was a scientist with pretty conclusive evidence that debunks the theory of evolution then the proof would be published in a peer-reviewed journal and would *gasp* be taken seriously.

So evolution is anticipating the Existence of God because of the existence of the devil at the beginning. instead of renouncing it We accept it for the falsehood of the World at One with the anticipation that we cannot do better in the pollution and demoralization in America. But now that god was at the beginning, Coosjuaquin, the Ego evolves to Environmentalism which is Emanationism with regard to concept of Logic that IS THE REAL CREATIONISM.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:50 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Don't 100% straight-down-the-line disagree with much you've ever posted rifle...you know how much I respect your knowledge...but giving props to what just might be the most rotten low-down nasty thing I've ever seen on this board is not what I would expect of a man of your caliber.

***"aborted turd floating in toilet water called Creationism...previously mentioned bowel movement alluded to in paragraph one"***
But, it is, GldnRule... The "theory" is nothing more than a sick ploy to deprive people of actual knowledge in order to make a buck. Even worse, it takes advantage of people to teach them that science - rather, the investigation of the universe - is something that can be politicized and bartered on based on which magical man one believes in. And, it says that because you believe in a magic man, you can literally take anything you want and make it "real" simply because you like to and it's comforting - no evidence needed. It takes advantage of hard-working people who really don't know any better or who don't know enough to defend themselves against the manipulative serpents who publish it.

The main problem with providing such a fortuitous backdrop of intellectual depravity is that it seeks to allow people to do things or act upon things without there being proper evidence. Such as... Invading Iraq under the premise that evidence exists for certain things when no such evidence actually exists.

So, yes, it is everything I described it as because it provides a logical pathway to act upon a number of other far more destructive venues. It is a vane mind-virus that provides absolutely nothing for the human race except a ridiculous fantasy land that simply has no merit or evidence in its favor. I call it like I see it.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:52 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Default Lets the discussions begin.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
3: If you reject the Big Bang theory how do you explain the cosmic background radiation? Or the evidence that the Galaxies are moving away from each other? What alternative do you have?
GGod & his buds playing soccer with the planets?

"He Shoots, He Scores! GOALGOALGOALGOAL GOAL..."

Sorry, Gldn: I just have had enough of such incredible one-shot arrogance, and weven if this poster is a scientist, so what, huh? That mean he can take me on" as evo desperately hopes? An open scientific discussion hardly scares me. Been to enough thesis defenses after all....

Frankly, I wish he would. There's nothing like another guy taking on a true, unmitigated, no-logic-barred open debate, with lets say, someone such as yourself or ThomasR adjudicating and pronouncing "The Winnah!" by a TKO!

(Hey' we could even let evo in on the judgment protocol to see how he fares and even better: how he thinks. Now, someone should be scared of THAT idea...)

Old 06-07-2010, 06:19 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
Chemical evolution exists against gravity. It's lowest state of energy is the Spin distribution of really no such thing as the nucleo-synthesized matter for the E=mc**2 equqtion. That equation is about pure space and time issues.

You should see, Rifleman, that another web-site has totally rejected that I make good sense this way for the inexpressible unaswerable questions of the Universe.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:25 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
GGod & his buds playing soccer with the planets?

"He Shoots, He Scores! GOALGOALGOALGOAL GOAL..."

Sorry, Gldn: I just have had enough of such incredible one-shot arrogance, and weven if this poster is a scientist, so what, huh? That mean he can take me on" as evo desperately hopes? An open scientific discussion hardly scares me. Been to enough thesis defenses after all....

Frankly, I wish he would. There's nothing like another guy taking on a true, unmitigated, no-logic-barred open debate, with lets say, someone such as yourself or ThomasR adjudicating and pronouncing "The Winnah!" by a TKO!

(Hey' we could even let evo in on the judgment protocol to see how he fares and even better: how he thinks. Now, someone should be scared of THAT idea...)
Rifle, you know that there is no one on this board short of Mystic with the intellect to viably contest you. And I doubt anyone is going to come along any time soon. A brief read of the board for a week or so reveals that. I already know who the winner would be...no matter who from this board you debated about evolution from a scientific position. And that isn't meant to puff you up...it's just the way it is.

A little snark, joking around, and jesting jabs are all in good fun...and you know, in fact, I think that is one of the best things about this board. But there is no reason for those kind of gutter comments...about what many consider one of the greatest Divine Miracles, no less.

I may not agree at all with a literal fundie creation position... we all disagree with any position but our own, and concurring, positions. But you don't refer to the opposing viewpoint as a "PofS". Not if you have any class, anyway.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:40 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
A little snark, joking around, and jesting jabs are all in good fun...and you know, in fact, I think that is one of the best things about this board. But there is no reason for those kind of gutter comments...about what many consider one of the greatest Divine Miracles, no less.
Sorry. Just because it's viewed as a Divine Miracle by some makes it no less a piece of crap or worthy of any sort of respect - especially when it seeks to infect the minds of children throughout the U.S. and in other parts of the world. It's been seen as near perjury in the courts, the promoters of Creationism will stop at nothing to make bold-faced lies about it, and they even have a triceratops machine with a saddle on it at the Creation Museum - that people can ride to "imagine" what it was like in the Garden of Eden.

Now, that's all fine and great until you try to take a look at the bigger picture and realize that these people riding the Triceratops at the Creation Museum are being absolutely duped into some sort of sick, infantile and magical cult movement hellbent on destroying anything and everything to do with American research, ingenuity, and progress.

I don't care if people think it's Divine or beautiful or even magical. That doesn't bother me. What bothers me are the frequent attempts at trying to make such absurd altered realities a staple of the American way of life and something that should be taught to our school children. That is crap and I'll be damned if I'm going to smile and say decent things about it just because people have always respected such infantile musings about the realities of the universe.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:08 PM

117 posts, read 144,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
The short answer to your initial question is YES. Please don't be offended, however I must be careful that I don't identify myself on a forum such as this. My "coming out", as it were, will be at a time and via a vehicle of my choosing, and certainly will not be on the City Data forums. I simply made the OP to provide solidarity for the like-minded people that occasion these threads, and whom are regular recipients of ridicule by people that should (and do) know better.

I don't know who Rifle is exactly, although I assume you refer to the frequent poster by the name Rifleman. If he happens to be prominent in the field of microbiology (particularly cellular microbiology) or a related field I would be sure to know of him should his name be volunteered.

I have read many of his threads, and I am certainly not interested in engaging in debate with him. It would simply be counterproductive and an exercise in futility. It appears his philosophical worldview coincides precisely with the worldview that encapsulated me for the better part of 30 years.

You will note the constant stream of ridicule that will flow in this post from proponents of the opposing worldview. You will have to forgive them, as their minds have been somewhat captivated by what is seemingly a consistent, testable and humanistic set of interrelated theories. It took me 27 years before I exposed this mythology to the point that I could move forward with certainty. Indeed, I believe that my career has been almost cult-like in many ways, and the restrictive and dogmatic schemata of the scientific community allows far less freedom than any fundamental Christian organisation that I am aware of.
so it seems cephus is prominent in his field. who knows he might be one of the scientists in the press conference of the ark discovery. i wonder though why he started this thread and not prove his scientific knowledge just to shut these annoying anti-creation posters here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality