Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2010, 09:36 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,559,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
And this is the reason God had little good to say about the Jewish people in the Old Testament. And in fact, God tells us that the Jewish people before Him was like an unclean woman. In Romans 9:27 it speaks of Isaiah. And states, :Though the number of the Israelites be like the sand by the sea, only the (REMNANT WILL BE SAVED). According to the Scriptures, most of the Jewish people will be lost spiritually. And that is because they have rejected the only one who could save them.
Like I've said a dozen times on a dozen discussion forums...the only way to substantiate the contents of the bible is by finding other writings in the bible. The meanderings of primitive mankind and his developing imagination saw no neccessity for validation and basically made no sense to rational, logical thinking realists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 09:43 AM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
And this is the reason God had little good to say about the Jewish people in the Old Testament. And in fact, God tells us that the Jewish people before Him was like an unclean woman. In Romans 9:27 it speaks of Isaiah. And states, :Though the number of the Israelites be like the sand by the sea, only the (REMNANT WILL BE SAVED). According to the Scriptures, most of the Jewish people will be lost spiritually. And that is because they have rejected the only one who could save them.
Typical and disgusting. Using the bible to reinforce your bigotry.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:18 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Typical and disgusting. Using the bible to reinforce your bigotry.
It was Jewish men that wrote the Bible sanspeur. Don't blame me for what they wrote.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:18 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Sherente View Post
How was he supposed to get round the whole of Judaea, Galilee and the surrounding provinces in 30 seconds?

The mission of Jesus was to be sacrificed for humanity's sins. Anyone who can walk on water, stop storms, and raise the dead shouldn't have any problem getting all over the world in 30 seconds.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Like I've said a dozen times on a dozen discussion forums...the only way to substantiate the contents of the bible is by finding other writings in the bible. The meanderings of primitive mankind and his developing imagination saw no neccessity for validation and basically made no sense to rational, logical thinking realists.

Of course your statement is totally untrue. Historical discovery often substantiates the writings of the Bible, along with fulfilled prophecies. Yet all to often men ignore such facts. And do so, in order to prop up their unfounded bias views. And what makes no sense to me, is how they can ignore such facts. That in itself wars against a logical thinking mind.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:28 AM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
It was Jewish men that wrote the Bible sanspeur. Don't blame me for what they wrote.
I'm not, I'm blaming you for twisting what they wrote in order to justify your bigotry.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Of course your statement is totally untrue. Historical discovery often substantiates the writings of the Bible, along with fulfilled prophecies. Yet all to often men ignore such facts. And do so, in order to prop up their unfounded bias views. And what makes no sense to me, is how they can ignore such facts. That in itself wars against a logical thinking mind.
Nothing will ever validate such myths as seas parting for the good guys then drowning those who chased them. Nothing will ever validate big fish puking up live men. Nothing will ever validate men living through a 1200 degree furnace. Nothing will ever validate walls falling at the sound of a trumpet. Nothing will ever validate two of each kind of animal being on a boat of the dimensions of the ark while the rain and floods reached depths of more than two miles then evaporated in a few weeks. Nothing can ever verify a man walking on water. Nothing can ever verify healing leprosy by touching. Nothing can ever verify virgin birth 2000 years ago. Nothing can ever verify raising from the dead on command. Nothing can ever verify water being turned into fine wine. Nothing can ever verify feeding 5000 plus women and children who also ate with two fish and five loaves then gathering twelve baskets of leftovers. Nothing can ever prove that someone was hung on a tree and bled like a hog then a couple of days later came back to life.

The bible is so full of rediculous stories that without the brainwashing of innocent children by their parents and other authority figures the stories would wilt on the vine and die within a few generations. That's the truth.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'm not, I'm blaming you for twisting what they wrote in order to justify your bigotry.

sanspeur you make no sense. If I was guilty of bigotry I would not support Israel 100%. It is because of Jesus Christ and His Word that I do this. And for that reason alone, Jesus Christ was not a Failure. Now can you show us how I twisted what they wrote in Ezekiel 36:17

Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.

How have I twisted these Words sanspeur?

Old 06-13-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Nothing will ever validate such myths as seas parting for the good guys then drowning those who chased them. Nothing will ever validate big fish puking up live men. Nothing will ever validate men living through a 1200 degree furnace. Nothing will ever validate walls falling at the sound of a trumpet. Nothing will ever validate two of each kind of animal being on a boat of the dimensions of the ark while the rain and floods reached depths of more than two miles then evaporated in a few weeks. Nothing can ever verify a man walking on water. Nothing can ever verify healing leprosy by touching. Nothing can ever verify virgin birth 2000 years ago. Nothing can ever verify raising from the dead on command. Nothing can ever verify water being turned into fine wine. Nothing can ever verify feeding 5000 plus women and children who also ate with two fish and five loaves then gathering twelve baskets of leftovers. Nothing can ever prove that someone was hung on a tree and bled like a hog then a couple of days later came back to life.

The bible is so full of rediculous stories that without the brainwashing of innocent children by their parents and other authority figures the stories would wilt on the vine and die within a few generations. That's the truth.

Red Sea Crossing site discovered.
http://english.sdaglobal.org/evangelism/arch/redsea.htm

Neither Jesus or His word is a failure. And as I have stated before it is historical discovery that often reveals Gods truth. Yet most of the time men ignore such discoveries in order to ignore Gods truth.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Red Sea Crossing site discovered.
Red Sea Crossing

Neither Jesus or His word is a failure. And as I have stated before it is historical discovery that often reveals Gods truth. Yet most of the time men ignore such discoveries in order to ignore Gods truth.
Rubbish...how can anyone verify that an entire tribe of people crossed a "parted water" and as soon as they were safely across the waters closed and drowned those who were in hot pursuit??

Surely you jest!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality