Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2007, 09:28 AM

28 posts, read 86,479 times

Advertisements

MAY be moving to the Reno area. We were thinking of renting for awhile instead of buying right away. Another option is manufactured homes. Just my husband myself and the dog. Kids are grown. Are there any nice communities between South Reno and Carson City?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2007, 09:49 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,439,108 times
Between South Reno and Carson is Washoe Valley and Pleasant valley, they are very nice rural areas. If you live on the east side of Washoe Valley expect it to be quite windy at times. If by communities, you mean manufactured home subdivisions. Most of those are north of Reno. I recommend Virginia Highlands

Old 03-16-2007, 04:31 PM

Thank you so much. Tomorrow will be my first trip to Reno to visit hubby who has been there for a month. We don't know if this will end up being a permanent job for him or not. I have 19 years government work (administrative, non military) and hopefully I can find something there if we decide to make the move. With that said, Husband will work in Carson City and I may have better luck finding a job in Reno, that's why I was looking between the two. What would the commute be like from North Reno to Carson City?

Old 03-16-2007, 07:21 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,439,108 times
good luck with your move. I would simply, not commute from North Reno to Carson City. The commute from North Reno into Reno is the worst in the area.then you have the long drive down from Reno. Unless you feel you must work in Reno you should look at Dayton, Carson or Gardinerville area. Silverspring is the least expensive area, all manufactured homes and a bit shabby but getting better.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:29 PM

We'll take a drive around those areas this weekend. Maybe a state government job in Carson is possible..... Anyway, Thanks a bunch. I'm looking forward to the trip!

Old 10-03-2007, 09:15 PM

3 posts, read 12,545 times
If at all possible, financially or otherwise, avoid manufactured housing in the Dayton area. The homes are so underbuilt that the winds tear shingles off the roof and you feel the whole "house" shake in the all to common 80-90 MPH winds. Plastic pipes break leaking water thoroughout the carpet and underlayment leaving a hefty bill for the water lost if you are not there to catch it right away.
I personally had to have my flooded modular replaced and it took the Moundhouse company an entire year to remove the old unit and place the SMALLEST replacement home they sell on the existing foundation. They don't tape the sheetrock joints, they CAULK them, even if you pay for it. Smaller than normal commodes, plastic tubs and shower stalls, cheap hardware and substandard craftsmanship are the norm for these "deals". They fail to mention the fact that they run no wires, no telephone or television, they just take the money and run. Do not trust them. They will not work with you.
Save yourself the ordeal of finishing the job yourself and the headaches involved in sueing them, buy a REAL HOME, you'll save money by not having to constantly maintain it!

Old 10-10-2007, 09:23 AM

66 posts, read 110,752 times
Completely depends on the brand. Some Manufactured home builders build cheaply some don't.
If anyone plans to place a manufactured home home on their property (I recommend it, much more house for the money) After extensive research Fuqua is the only builder I can recommend.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:22 AM

3 posts, read 12,545 times
Do you live in a modular Jose?

Old 10-12-2007, 01:43 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,410,363 times
so did you purchase this home from Greatbasinguide?

Old 10-12-2007, 01:46 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,410,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Montara View Post
Completely depends on the brand. Some Manufactured home builders build cheaply some don't.
If anyone plans to place a manufactured home home on their property (I recommend it, much more house for the money) After extensive research Fuqua is the only builder I can recommend.
Jose have you research Kit Homes they are sold by the same folks that sell Fuqua. They appear to have good quality appliances along with good cabinets and sound hardware, I haven't toured a Fuqua yet so just interested if you review the Kit's also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area