Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 11:07 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,764,514 times

Advertisements

I called a potential roomie once and he was telling me he had a big house in the country..
Plenty of land,really selling it and im thinking this sounds pretty cool.
Then he says there is something i should tell you....
I thought he was going to say he was gay but nope he likes to walk around nude ALOT.
I said yeah i dont think thats going to work for me guy,and he kept talking like he never said it.
I d live in that Shed previous poster mentioned before i moved in there.....lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 11:10 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,745,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaw1972 View Post
LOL!!

Yeah, I remember trying to find a roommate situation in Boston during the tech boom in 1999. That list about sums it up.

I've seen some really wacky rental ads too, now that I find myself having to rent again after years of owning. "Really Special Place for Super Tenant...." followed by a rundown mobile home, in a patch of dirt, for $1200 a month with no utilities of any kind, tenant responsible for upkeep, on a dirt road, NO PETS! (who wants to live in the sticks without a pet..lol) QUIET NEIGHBORHOOD, Best for SINGLE< PROFESSIONAL ADULT! If you don't have a 40 hour a week job and make at least 6x the monthly rent DONT WASTE MY TIME!" and on and on, ad nauseum.

I understand having a deal-breaker or two, but people need to be somewhat realistic. I'm just grateful for the heads up that the person is a complete nutcase. :-)
$ 1,200 a month you should be able to get a decent apartment , of course depends on what city you live

I can't tell you how many places I saw where they expect you to live in bad conditions , they would not live in there but they expect you to....

Old 07-12-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
I called a potential roomie once and he was telling me he had a big house in the country..
Plenty of land,really selling it and im thinking this sounds pretty cool.
Then he says there is something i should tell you....
I thought he was going to say he was gay but nope he likes to walk around nude ALOT.
I said yeah i dont think thats going to work for me guy,and he kept talking like he never said it.
I d live in that Shed previous poster mentioned before i moved in there.....lol
Haha !

Hey that AD you responded to sounds FAMILIAR . Guy is running it and he lives out in the country and he wants a Guy but he does admit to being gay . Protect your Jewels !!! lol...

He ran it for Free and then he ran it $ 350 a month. Always mentions that he would prefer someone of his same sex preference.

And then that same ad will run on the Adult Section. Ran for over a Year on Craigs Lists Rentals. I wanted to write and ask , hehe....I bet the guy is no glamour king ...nobody seems to want to live out there...

I would take the shed too !

Then another ad Guy says ( I see this MORE now ) he has ONE bed and you will both be sleeping in it together.....that gives me the creeps that a stranger would want to sleep with you in his bed and he does not even know you !

Old 07-12-2010, 11:20 AM

[quote=WannaliveinGreenville;15004759]OR worse Joe , lately guys want live in whores basically. You live there for free , but its not free , if you know what I mean , yuck...

They want you to Cook , Clean , Run Errands and Sleep with them...ewwwwwwww..strangers can be lower than low....

I just get disgusted when these men say some of things they do in the ad.

Obviously they want someone instead for sex instead of dating a girl the right way...

Yes,Thats exactly what i meant lol
I believe they call it an "Arrangment"
Have to wonder if anyone takes them up on their offer..

Old 07-12-2010, 03:05 PM

171 posts, read 444,256 times
I live in Boston,but am moving to a more rural part of New England soon. I have found a lot of really overpriced rentals in depressed areas though--i.e. nice apartments with pictures can be found for $600-800, and then you find the Very Special Listings that are twice as much and have all kinds of restrictions.....for something very marginal. Um, no thanks, but thanks for the laughs! :-)

I've also seen two rental ads recently while browsing that were not much more than a Home Depot shed with an extension cord. We're talking very basic, very small DIY "homesteader" cabins in someone's backyard, where for market rent, you can "lug water from the main house" and "do chores". Not even a cute little "Tiny House", but more like an unisulated tar-paper shack. LOL! If you're going to list something like that, at least make it inexpensive. Weirdos!

I also have to laugh at all the people offering to rent land with no amenities for a camper, teepee or yurt--in areas that have strict zoning, sewer permits, etc. I know ppl get away with it, but still. Yikes.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:17 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Just observing the room-mate share section of the local Craigs List :

I see alot in the For Rent , just wanted to share.

The Person ( mix or all ads ) will sometimes run an ad like this :

No Drugs

No Drinking

No Smoking

No loud Noise

Lights off by 10

No over nights

No Crazies

No Unemployed

No Hard Breathers or Insulin Dependants

5 References.

6 pay check stub copies

( this is scarey : A copy of your Passport , Drivers License and Social Security Card )

No Nail Biters , Bi Polars , Skizos , Crackheads , Pipesmokers.

I have 5 dogs which you must love but you can't bring your dog that you love.

My wife and I want to be nude around the house. This should not bother you.

You should get along with the 6 other roomates of the 6 other bedrooms so that I keep my rooms full to pay my astronomical mortgage.

I am wild and crazy and we love to entertain until 4 am so the loud music should not bother you.

I am 49 years old and prefer someone 22 year old hot female . The peephole I have bored into the wall should not bother you.

I have a strict house. Strict rules. You need to abide by all of them including 2 minute showers only.

No running the AC below 85.

I need $ 700 first , $ 700 last , $ 700 security , and $ 700 damage deposit so I need $ 2,800 in cash , no whiners about not having almost $ 3,000 grand for my 10 x10 room I am gracious enough to rent to you. If you have a pet ,add $ 400 damage deposit .

You must have a lock on your food cabinet so the 6 other roomates won't eat your food.

I am not your daddy so don't expect me to replace it.
Wow.. I am going to copy and paste that ad to Craigslist... I have some rooms to rent out and it fits in perfectly with what I am looking for... hehehe... jk...

Old 07-12-2010, 05:06 PM

I ve always thought of putting an fake Ad on CL just to mock people....
Just saw an Ad today Room for Rent for like 600$in Wichita?get real.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaw1972 View Post
I live in Boston,but am moving to a more rural part of New England soon. I have found a lot of really overpriced rentals in depressed areas though--i.e. nice apartments with pictures can be found for $600-800, and then you find the Very Special Listings that are twice as much and have all kinds of restrictions.....for something very marginal. Um, no thanks, but thanks for the laughs! :-)

I've also seen two rental ads recently while browsing that were not much more than a Home Depot shed with an extension cord. We're talking very basic, very small DIY "homesteader" cabins in someone's backyard, where for market rent, you can "lug water from the main house" and "do chores". Not even a cute little "Tiny House", but more like an unisulated tar-paper shack. LOL! If you're going to list something like that, at least make it inexpensive. Weirdos!

I also have to laugh at all the people offering to rent land with no amenities for a camper, teepee or yurt--in areas that have strict zoning, sewer permits, etc. I know ppl get away with it, but still. Yikes.
I laughed SO hard reading your post !

Everyone is getting desperate now,...Many of the homeowners admit to being unemployed but they want YOU to be working and paying the rent and utilities in their place.

If it were that easy to go buy a $ 200 shed and rent it out for $ 600 a month...hrmmm...no running water..an extension cord...for power....wow !

Old 07-12-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
I ve always thought of putting an fake Ad on CL just to mock people....
Just saw an Ad today Room for Rent for like 600$in Wichita?get real.
That would be kinda fun ! Like the crazy one I listed but make sure and put must be Kosher , cook with Kosher pans only , vegetarian only , lactose intolerant and pork free home !

*( not making fun of kosher or non pork eaters but the restrictions should be a FULL page long )

Old 07-12-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Wow.. I am going to copy and paste that ad to Craigslist... I have some rooms to rent out and it fits in perfectly with what I am looking for... hehehe... jk...
Actually that post above was my own creation so have at it ! I just added all the ridiculous stuff and kept adding , lol....Unlike the other one that I posted and deleted out the guys city info....out of respect...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting