Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 02:45 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times

Advertisements

There was a new employee in our apartment office and when I handed her my signed lease renewal she said, "Thanks" and tossed it to the side of her desk.

I advised that I need the lease signed by the manager and a copy given to me.

Her reply was, "No, that's not necessary."

She finally gave up and in a huff walked into the manager's office to get it signed off and make a copy for my files.

Thankfully she isn't working there anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2018, 06:17 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,549,370 times
Any lease that you sign is going to have terms that protects the landlord. From a functional standpoint, a lot of leases don't require the landlord's signature.

What are you going to do? Enforce a clause about non payment of rent as the tenant? That makes no sense.

The only terms of the lease that might benefit the tenant is the term length. Tenant's can negotiate a longer lease and lock in a rental rate, but that's about it.

Anyways, you can ask the landlord to put wet ink on a lease that you will keep, I doubt he will object.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:18 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,498,663 times
1. I bring two leases. Everyone signs and we each get a copy.

2. In a case where I didn’t get two leases with me i get it signed by them then I sign it right there then I send them a copy and scan it and email one file as a pdf.

3. Or such case as they are out of state/town I send them the lease, they sign it I get it back then i sign it. Then see number 2

I never understood why LLs keep the leases away from the tenants. I guess this way they can make up whatever rules they want....?

Old 06-08-2018, 12:45 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,756,004 times
Getting a signed lease is always a good idea. It makes it clear what the terms are that govern your tenancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting