Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 05:48 PM

6 posts, read 9,575 times

Advertisements

Thank You all for your advice, talk about the neighbors from Hell!
I struck up a conversation with two women that live adjacent to me yesterday, turns out, these people and their visitors have been harassing them as well....and that's because they don't live above them. They have were looking in their windows, and "making fun" of them for being a lesbian couple. I am seriously pissed, this weekend the sister came out, and was actually physically fighting with the woman that lives across from her, this woman, her family and friends must be unglued mentally.
I will start looking for a new place, even though I have lived here for such a long time, it's just so difficult and draining too move! You become so Jaded when adjusting to a new place! It's also the principle, you know?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 09:38 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,054,582 times
Sue them for what? If they are on government aid, they won't have any money for you. I would try to make a case to break the lease with no fees, as the neighbors are the problem.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:45 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
If you must spend the rest of your life living in apartments do the following:

Make sure you are the one upstairs and

Live in a better complex (i.e. pay more money to get a better class of neighbors).

If you cannot move immediately, then you are going to have to live with it until you can move. Taking them to court is not going to do anything except maybe get you beat up, your apartment robbed and your car vandalized.

You might consider renting a single family home if you can afford it.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-05-2010, 04:59 AM

475 posts, read 571,136 times
It's easy to tell someone to spend more money, but hard to spend more money you don't have.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:02 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
The way you take personal shots at a 2-year-old child makes me want to cheer on your neighbors as they slowly drive you barking mad.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:08 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran View Post
It's easy to tell someone to spend more money, but hard to spend more money you don't have.
That is a defeatist attitude. If you want a better quality of life, then you must work toward a scenario where you can obtain one. Either by improving your education, your work skills or get a second job.

Just throwing up you hands and playing the "poor" card, is not going to get you anywhere except living next to white trash losers the rest of your life.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-05-2010, 12:23 PM

475 posts, read 571,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
That is a defeatist attitude. If you want a better quality of life, then you must work toward a scenario where you can obtain one. Either by improving your education, your work skills or get a second job.

Just throwing up you hands and playing the "poor" card, is not going to get you anywhere except living next to white trash losers the rest of your life.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-09-2010, 01:09 AM

460 posts, read 3,547,333 times
I was going to say the same about making sure you rent a top floor apartment next time but actually if ALL the adjoining neighbors are complaining about these same people then maybe try to band together and put pressure on the landlord or management company to take action. Other than that you probably need to consider moving and looking fo a top floor apartment.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:59 AM

6 posts, read 9,575 times
"The way you take personal shots at a 2-year-old child makes me want to cheer on your neighbors as they slowly drive you barking mad."

Sorry for the late Reply, but, after being exposed to not only one child who's out of control, but then having to be exposed to 3-4 of them on a nightly basis that are not even suppose to live there.......excuse me for venting....
I love children, I have a niece and nephew that I am very close to, who I have cared for overnight on several ocassions! I know it's the parents fault, but I also know, that due to bad parenting, she's probably going to end up like the mother and "uncle" probably pregnant at an earlier age than the mother! I hate to say it, but it's more likely to happen! I am not trying to justify my actions, but totally unprovoked this passed weekend, one of their visitors called my mother a b****, so let's not pretend we're dealing with civilized people here...these are jungle people. How dare you try to pretend that you are some sort of paradigm on moral authority by judging me, and the contempt that I have toward these people and the all night playground they have upstairs.
Instead of worrying about me taking pot shots at a two year old, maybe you should go on a crusade against mothers who keep up their children until 3:00 AM in the morning, not only is it unhealthy for their neighbors, but for the child itself.
Did you know the child will actually suffer later in life, that a todler needs 13-15 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period not only to function properly, but to develop and mature into an adult.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:05 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrogirl_23 View Post
"The way you take personal shots at a 2-year-old child makes me want to cheer on your neighbors as they slowly drive you barking mad."

Sorry for the late Reply, but, after being exposed to not only one child who's out of control, but then having to be exposed to 3-4 of them on a nightly basis that are not even suppose to live there.......excuse me for venting....
I love children, I have a niece and nephew that I am very close to, who I have cared for overnight on several ocassions! I know it's the parents fault, but I also know, that due to bad parenting, she's probably going to end up like the mother and "uncle" probably pregnant at an earlier age than the mother! I hate to say it, but it's more likely to happen! I am not trying to justify my actions, but totally unprovoked this passed weekend, one of their visitors called my mother a *****, so let's not pretend we're dealing with civilized people here...these are jungle people.
You don't sound particularly high-class yourself, and your reply does more to reinforce than reverse my suspicion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting