Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 05:06 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
That you're a person with great, long experience of tenants, and yet don't know that a lawyer is particularly dangerous because of his profession - that he knows EXACTLY how to screw people over without getting penalized for it. That despite being so supposedly experienced, you think the ethical standards of a lawyer are as high as those of, say, a doctor or schoolteacher.
Oh dear, I added a PS to my post as you were trying to put together your response. From that response I can only deduce, sir, that you are a pompous ass with whom there is no point arguing since your estimation of my intelligence is so low.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:20 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,479,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstreet View Post
Leasing to lawyers is a big MISTAKE. Don't do it. I leased to a lawyer who was not an in-house lawyer and it was an awful experience. He complained about everything. He broke things in the house and asked us to fix it, saying that it was in his right as a tenant to have things fixed and that we had no proof that it was not about to break down before he moved in. He did this with the washing machine, the stove and the TV. When the washing machine broke down because one of his wife's brazier's got stuck inside, he insisted on sending all his clothes on a daily basis to the drycleaners and asked us to foot the bill. We refused, but had to pay to fix the machine all the same. He contacted us to tell us the stove filter was burning and this would cause a health risk to his baby and we would be liable to legal action. In the end, the technicians that came in to look at the stove just said it was a result of him cooking oily food and that the filter should be replaced. Of course, we were forced to replace the filter. Oh my goodness! It was such a nightmare. He contacted us every single day and called at all hours of the day. He only stayed 2 months at our place. He signed to stay for 3 months, but after the first 3 weeks, he told us his house was now ready and that he would only need the place for 2 months, and asked that we use his deposit to pay for the 2nd month. We of course refused and insisted on him paying the second month in full and leaving in the third month, since that would qualify as one month notice. After a lot of haggling, he finally agreed. It turned out that his house was not ready even after the second month, so he fabricated some story about a friend wanting to lease our place for the final month and asked again to use the deposit. At this point, we had, had enough and refused to rent to his "friend."
What a psycho. Hopefully he will encounter the same problems when he finally moves into his home. Karma will get him.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:13 PM

28,113 posts, read 63,642,682 times
Closed for review
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting