Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 05:21 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
- try using your imagination....

I think that might be the problem, they are using their imagination!

Old 10-09-2010, 07:33 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
We aren't close enough for you to call me "Kimmy", bucko.

And if you weren't talking about this lady, who lives above you, and who keeps you awake at all hours ( you did say that right?) then who are you talking about?
Now kimmy you should relax & chill. The op was just asking a simple question. Hes obviousely a people person.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:56 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,122,320 times
Wow!
I can see why I live on a street block where no one talks to one another. We have only introduced ourselves to the neighbor next to us. The neighbor on the other side is nowhere to be ever found and we have knocked on other homes nearby and nobody answers. We left a note saying hi and our phone number and that was it. If they ever need a cup of sugar, I'm not giving it to them and I'm not asking for their help either since folks want to be so private.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:19 PM

924 posts, read 2,230,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Wow!
I can see why I live on a street block where no one talks to one another.
Yeah, tell me about it. The majority of responders to this thread automatically call a guy who wants to say hi to a single woman living above him a stalker. I think the problem is that these same responders are too influenced by the media about crime and stuff to realize there are actually good people in this world who just want to be nice to their neighbors now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
We have only introduced ourselves to the neighbor next to us. The neighbor on the other side is nowhere to be ever found and we have knocked on other homes nearby and nobody answers. We left a note saying hi and our phone number and that was it.
Well at least you tried. I guess they didn't answer because either a) they were afraid you were a solicitor, b) they live alone and are scaredy cats or c) they are "private" people who don't care about those around them.
In my case, I was thinking of leaving my number in a nice card and telling the neighbors that if they want to practice sometime, we could do an English-Spanish language exchange. Otherwise, if they wanted to say hi, here's my # and leave it up to them.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Now kimmy you should relax & chill. The op was just asking a simple question. Hes obviousely a people person.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValueAddedWorker View Post
Otherwise, if they wanted to say hi, here's my # and leave it up to them.
That's all you can do at the end of the day. Sigh.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:44 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
This all sounds like something that poster from a while ago "Jackie100" or something or other would post, doesnt it?????

Yea, it does. Both posters are a bit nutty, and I am glad they don't live in my building.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValueAddedWorker View Post
I guess they didn't answer because either a) they were afraid you were a solicitor, b) they live alone and are scaredy cats or c) they are "private" people who don't care about those around them.
I'm thinking it is answer C. We had workout clothes on, no clipboard or anything of the sort. Ah well. Keep your head up Value and no worries, you'll find a neighbor you'll click with here or the next place you move to.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:02 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Leave her alone.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:51 PM

OK enough bickering ladies and gents. Now that I've collected opinions about whether or not it's a good idea to get to know your apartment neighbors, it's time to take some action. I'm planning to either drop a card with a nice message in the mailbox or mail it to her. I know her name (the LL told me) and another neighbor confirmed it. I can address it directly to her and say something like,
Hi Luisa,
My name is VAW and I'm you're new neighbor. I met your son and he seems like a great guy, you must be so proud. While I've met a few other neighbors, unfortunately you and I haven't crossed paths yet. I'd like to get to know my neighbors and practice my Spanish which I understand you're fluent in. Would you like to practice your English with me? The next time you're outside and you want to say hi, feel free to ring the bell or call me at .......
All the best and say hi to Enrique (her son) for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting