Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2010, 07:22 AM

4 posts, read 15,512 times

Advertisements

I moved into a condo 3 months ago. When I first moved in there was an ant problem which was very bad and took 2 weeks to get under control with pest control. Then I had another other type of ant problem but that got resolved quicker. After this I had a leak on my ceiling which they tried to fix but it did not work so it spread to multiple areas in the room. 2 months later that got fixed. Then my base and front door was rotting so it felt apart where the door actually had a hole. This took awhile to get fixed but finally is. I had toilet and fridge repairs. Now my washer broke.
This is an expensive condo so I am not happy. At first I was dealing with the realtor since the owner is out of town. Then for the repairs like the roof I dealt with HOA. A few times I have spoken to the owner about the roof,door,and ants.
If this is it for issues I am ok but if it keeps happening it is becoming stressful. Do you think I should email a letter to the owner saying how unhappy I am? Since things do get fixed after awhile do I just accept it? Any thoughts are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 11:16 AM

3,503 posts, read 19,880,155 times
It's getting fixed. It not getting fixed immediatly, but still sounds like it gets fixed. Unfortunatly, some of the things you mention are not the owners problems with a condo. The owner owns from the wall paper in. The HOA owns the building. It may be that the unit was empty and deteriorated from non-use.
I think you may have to deal with the problems. Look at the bright side. Things are being addressed. Repairs are done

Old 10-22-2010, 02:14 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim32 View Post
If this is it for issues I am ok but if it keeps happening it is becoming stressful. Do you think I should email a letter to the owner saying how unhappy I am? Since things do get fixed after awhile do I just accept it? Any thoughts are appreciated.
Keep a record of those requests, email is fine. Although maintenance requests are being met, its understandable you're unhappy. In my state, 6 or more repeated repairs of the same problem are reason to give the landlord a 2 week termination notice.

Google your states Landlord/Tenant laws.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:58 AM

4 posts, read 15,512 times
Thank you for your help. I guess I will play it by ear and may send an email or talk to him. It was occupied before I moved in cause I met the person. They did not keep it up well though. It is an expensive place so it makes me more unhappy. I agree the HOA issues is not the owners fault. The other problems though I have to be home for a 4 hour time span to get them fixed so I guess you could say inconvenient and stressful with so much in a small time frame. Thank you again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting