Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 09:47 PM

2 posts, read 5,364 times

Advertisements

i recently had a situation. (not the first time) with the apartment complex here giving out the wrong information to the wrong tenants. I had my car towed for the third time in the same facility that has managers coming and going like a revolving door. Before MOD CUT NAME took over it was a really good place to live at. now its just gone to hell. people screaming in the parking lot leaving sparkx cans everywhere. yet complain if you have a no soliciting sign on your door to keep people from ringing your door bell for scams. and refuse to do anything about these people knocking on the doors.

I went to the leasing office to find out what was going on . Not only did the "manager" refuse to take it into an office and leave the argument open for everyone coming and going thru the leasing office but she also denied everything infront of possible new tenants although one of the guys present was a Mark-Taylor employee who asked Her what was the policy. Its funny how he even said he works for them but does not recommend living on their property. After i asked for a copy of my lease she threw the copy she made at me infront of witness's and stated she was "sorry" but refused to be of any assistance. I grabbed the copy and left . I did not notice until i got home that she had given me someone else's lease with every bit of information on it. I do not plan on using this information against the tenant it is their personal information however i have not been able to find out anything online for this type of problem. i only noticed that the signature at the bottome was not mine. I am going to give it to the tenant however what should be done? i have had my personal space violated several times since the new company took over and am looking to vacat ASAP but what can be done about thise privacy violation?

I have had nothing but problems MOD CUT... seems like they dont care about their tenants or privacy of their tenants .

any help would be wonderful thanks

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 11-07-2010 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: Remove Name
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 08:41 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,159,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywars View Post
iI am going to give it to the tenant however what should be done? i have had my personal space violated several times since the new company took over and am looking to vacat ASAP but what can be done about thise privacy violation?

any help would be wonderful thanks
What, exactly, would you like help with? This is not an Arizona issue. It should be posted in the Renting forum. Perhaps a moderator will move it to the correct location for you.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:47 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
What, exactly, would you like help with? This is not an Arizona issue. It should be posted in the Renting forum. Perhaps a moderator will move it to the correct location for you.
I think the OP wants to hear that he/she can get out of the lease because the manager gave him a copy of someone else's application. Do you think that is going to happen? LOL

Old 11-07-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I think the OP wants to hear that he/she can get out of the lease because the manager gave him a copy of someone else's application. Do you think that is going to happen? LOL
Yes. When those piggies fly!

Old 11-07-2010, 03:03 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,881,476 times
When anyone signs a lease they should get a copy of the lease for thier own records. If you do not have a copy of your lease, send a written request to the manager requesting a copy of the lease. When you get a copy of the lease, read it. Check the date the lease expires and plan to move on that date....aftergiving proper notice. Read the lease, it will tell you all the datesw and perameters of moving.

Old 11-07-2010, 05:00 PM

2 posts, read 5,364 times
i am not looking to break my lease that part is taken care of... i am looking to find out what can be done about privacy invasion... how would you feel if your lease with all of your personal info was just handed out to a stranger? i dont have any bad intentions with this info but plenty of people in this area do

Old 11-07-2010, 06:11 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,392,991 times
If you don't have any bad intentions, simply take the lease back to the office, tell them they gave you the wrong one and please give you a copy of your lease. Done.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
If you don't have any bad intentions, simply take the lease back to the office, tell them they gave you the wrong one and please give you a copy of your lease. Done.
Very well said, KonaKat.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:11 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,881,476 times
The only person who has ANY recourse is the person who has been wronged. That's not you. If someone else wants to look into what recourse they have, they can do it themselves. Your intentions are questionable.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:45 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,824,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywars View Post
i am not looking to break my lease that part is taken care of... i am looking to find out what can be done about privacy invasion... how would you feel if your lease with all of your personal info was just handed out to a stranger? i dont have any bad intentions with this info but plenty of people in this area do
If this was me I would of just thought it was a mistake and gave it back. I would of not even thought of privacy invasion. My issue would be my car being towed 3 times when it was not my fault. I would think it costs money to get your car back so that is what I would want to be reinbursed for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting