Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 07:31 AM

912 posts, read 5,258,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
hmmm.....what do u think is going on?
Have you heard or noticed anything that warrants suspicion?

Or are you just an old, bored, lonely busy-body getting into everybody else's business??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 12:22 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Could be anything. I used to run by the treasurers house every couple of months to drop off my memberships dues or tournament fees. I'd spend a few minutes chatting with him and his wife... just as lots of other people did. Wonder if anyone ever called the cops on him???

Old 03-14-2011, 12:55 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,970,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Could be anything. I used to run by the treasurers house every couple of months to drop off my memberships dues or tournament fees. I'd spend a few minutes chatting with him and his wife... just as lots of other people did. Wonder if anyone ever called the cops on him???
Probably just the extremely nosey and lonely people did.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:28 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
It's none of yur business. One who has a life sometimes have visitors. One who has no life has to wonder what the neighbors are up to.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:38 PM

911 posts, read 2,598,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Exactly what it looks like: none of your business.

so most of my family is in law enforcement and YES IT IS MY BUSINESS.

they get raided and or shot up.......guess what happens? they shut the apartments down and im without a place to live. stray bullets kill,dude.

i lived in an apartment growing up in the worst part of los angeles, so i've seen it all.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:39 PM

911 posts, read 2,598,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlitosBala View Post
Have you heard or noticed anything that warrants suspicion?

Or are you just an old, bored, lonely busy-body getting into everybody else's business??

i actually work about 55 hours a week at a steel factory,thanks. i keep to myself to the point my neighbors want to stop me and talk when they see me........ but you cant exactly ignore the doors opening and closing every minute.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:41 PM

912 posts, read 5,258,613 times
Quote:
i actually work about 55 hours a week at a steel factory,thanks. i keep to myself to the point my neighbors want to stop me and talk when they see me........ but you cant exactly ignore the doors opening and closing every minute.
911: "9-1-1 Is this an emergency?"
acealive1: "No, I just want to make a report."
*wait a few seconds*
911: "You want to make a report, how can I help you?"
acealive1: "My neighbors keep on opening and closing their doors"
911: "Are they slamming the doors?"
acelive1: "No, it just sounds like coming and going"
911: "Are you in danger?"
acelive1: "No."
911: "Click"

Old 03-14-2011, 06:47 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
So why not discuss it with those family members.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:44 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,624,896 times
Quote:

they get raided and or shot up.......guess what happens? they shut the apartments down and im without a place to live. stray bullets kill,dude.

i lived in an apartment growing up in the worst part of los angeles, so i've seen it all.

Hi,

Acealive,

Contact your local law enforcement and ask to speak with someone in the narcotics unit. Tell them whats going on...that your neighbor has constant visitors for a few minutes at a time and you believe they are selling drugs for the location.

I know for certain that if you do this with LAPD...report possible narcotics activity to the station that covers that area...that they will actually observe the location and atttempt an undercover drug buy.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:46 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
Hi,

Acealive,

Contact your local law enforcement and ask to speak with someone in the narcotics unit. Tell them whats going on...that your neighbor has constant visitors for a few minutes at a time and you believe they are selling drugs for the location.

I know for certain that if you do this with LAPD...report possible narcotics activity to the station that covers that area...that they will actually observe the location and atttempt an undercover drug buy.
The OP's profile indicates that the residence is in Toledo, Ohio. Since the OP has said that "most" family members are in law enforcement, it begs the question of why the alleged problem hasn't been addressed to them rather than to a forum group who, unless they live in that area, can't really offer any relevant advice given the paucity of details offered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting