Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 12:12 AM

3 posts, read 3,783 times

Advertisements

To clarify, the LL did not at any point give the girls our contact information. Rather, one of the current tenants is the older sister of one of the girls that I will be living with (this is a college apartment). She was not the one who contacted us, nor was she the one who was making the request for reimbursement. She and her sister both were in a very awkward situation, as their family was never interested in the reimbursement.

After I first made the post, we immediately emailed the landlord. He replied, saying that he was appalled that these girls had the "audacity" to contact us and ask us for the money, and he promised to handle it.

Since then, one of the girls I lived with has called him, and he has reaffirmed his commitment to providing us with the apartment that we agreed to. This means that if they do decide to take it down, he will have another wall built at his expense. We have decided not to continue to have any contact with the girls, as we really do not have any say in the negotiation anyway. The issue has now moved out of our hands and is entirely the LL's responsibility.

The reason that we are continuing to pursue this apartment is because in the experience of the girl's older sister, we know that the LL is a reasonable and helpful person. The issue in this situation was never him, but rather the current tenants who were looking in the wrong spot for reimbursement.

Thank you all very much for your help. If you have any other questions/advice, please do let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 09:49 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Sounds like the LL is indeed very reasonable and helpful. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting