Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 02:50 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,679,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
Or you could use the paycheck that you get on the 15th to pay your rent on the 29th and never have to worry about being late.

You just don't get the concept, do you?

I have other obligations with that check. I told them when I first moved in the payment wouldnt be made until after the first, and they said that was fine as long as I included the late fee and didnt go over 10 days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 08:50 AM

6,816 posts, read 11,540,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
I have other obligations with that check. I told them when I first moved in the payment wouldnt be made until after the first, and they said that was fine as long as I included the late fee and didnt go over 10 days.
Uh, how about take care of those "other obligations" with the 1st of the month check, and the rent with the 15th?

My crystal ball says lifelong financial crises for this girl.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:19 AM

912 posts, read 5,260,182 times
Quote:
So not only you seem to enjoy throwing money away.. you are actually proud of the fact??? You think you are "sticking-it" to the system by doing this, but in reality, you are only "sticking-it" to yourself.

Im sure you will be offended by this, but believe me it is not an insult. You need to educate yourself about personal finances. How to set up a budget and live with-in it. How to pay bills on time, ect.

The average person will make nearly 2 million dollars in their lifetime. You really should learn how to manage and maybe even keep some of that money for yourself.

If anything, go to your local library and check out some books. Start with Dave Ramsey. That'll give you some pointers about how to get started.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:29 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlitosBala View Post
So not only you seem to enjoy throwing money away.. you are actually proud of the fact??? You think you are "sticking-it" to the system by doing this, but in reality, you are only "sticking-it" to yourself.

Im sure you will be offended by this, but believe me it is not an insult. You need to educate yourself about personal finances. How to set up a budget and live with-in it. How to pay bills on time, ect.

The average person will make nearly 2 million dollars in their lifetime. You really should learn how to manage and maybe even keep some of that money for yourself.

If anything, go to your local library and check out some books. Start with Dave Ramsey. That'll give you some pointers about how to get started.

This gal has a future in politics. A poster child Democrat in the making!!

Old 06-07-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlitosBala View Post

Its not that I enjoy throwing money away its just the payment is due on the 29th and I get paid on the first its only $3 a day that your late so the extra 6 or 9 dollars isnt a whole lot to me.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:57 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
Quote:
Its not that I enjoy throwing money away its just the payment is due on the 29th and I get paid on the first its only $3 a day that your late so the extra 6 or 9 dollars isnt a whole lot to me.
Wow. I don't know what else to say, but wow.

Someone else suggest Dave Ramsey and I totally agree...he's a great source on finances and budgeting and from what I'm reading you need all the help you can get.

While you think it's ok to pay your rent late every month and it's doesn't mean a lot to you...it just might mean a lot to your next landlord.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Wow. I don't know what else to say, but wow.

Someone else suggest Dave Ramsey and I totally agree...he's a great source on finances and budgeting and from what I'm reading you need all the help you can get.

While you think it's ok to pay your rent late every month and it's doesn't mean a lot to you...it just might mean a lot to your next landlord.

I doubt it...its a company that owns 6 diff complexes in my city and my complex alone has over 800 tenants im sure my little 500 being a few days late isnt hurting anything.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:05 PM

487 posts, read 1,357,982 times
I cant say why, but I am Reminded of something my Dad used to say.

"Life is Hard"

he would say. Then he would add...

"But its a lot harder when you're stupid".

Old 06-13-2011, 12:56 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,033 times
Quote:
I doubt it...its a company that owns 6 diff complexes in my city and my complex alone has over 800 tenants im sure my little 500 being a few days late isnt hurting anything.
Most property management companies do background checks which almost always consists of inquiring about past rental history - late payments, etc. It really will affect the next place you live. Most landlords and property managers of nice places which are clean and not in dangerous areas will not rent to a habitual late payer like you.

I'm not trying to rip on you, but hope you think about the consequences of paying late all the time.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:00 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
Quote:
Yup...you just dont get it.

It's not hurting them one bit..they are making free money off of you..but do you know what you're doing to yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting