Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 01:56 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Looks like the groundwork is set for a court case...
And the attorney is rubbing his fingers together ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 02:30 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,680,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
And the attorney is rubbing his fingers together ...
Yes indeed, based on what the OP said, i think the lawyer is working on billing hours and see easy money from the OP. To the OP, is this lawyer being paid by you to handle this or is it contingent on a sucessful win?

Old 07-06-2011, 02:57 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
Yes indeed, based on what the OP said, i think the lawyer is working on billing hours and see easy money from the OP. To the OP, is this lawyer being paid by you to handle this or is it contingent on a sucessful win?
In this sort of case it would be unheard of for an attorney to work it on a contingency basis as there's no real money to be made. I could be wrong but my guess is that the OP got a free 15 minute quickie consultation with an attorney who told her what she could do without getting into the specifics. Seriously much ado about nothing.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:55 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,922,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
Don't forget to tell the attorney that the LL is doing maintenance. No law can keep an owner from doing maintenance. You've construed things to your benefit. I'm sure the lawyer will take the case and bill you be the hour.
A LL going onto a property is NOT entering the house.
I bet the LL is glad you are moving. If I was the LL, I'd help move you just to see you go. Petty pickins.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the lawyer is delighted to take the billable hours. Based on what was posted about the situation, this isn't going to fly in court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting