Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 12:44 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,818,321 times

Advertisements

hawaiian is right, lilyflower should take it on a case by case basis instead of painting with broad brushes.

i dont know if he/she is legit anyway about this beautiful property at 28, odds are its made up.

im amazed by the op though.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:52 AM

10,746 posts, read 25,899,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
hawaiian is right, lilyflower should take it on a case by case basis instead of painting with broad brushes.

i dont know if he/she is legit anyway about this beautiful property at 28, odds are its made up.

I bought my first brand new home at age 18. My second at age 23. My third at age 28. Why does it sound so impossible to you that a 28 yr old can own a beautiful piece of property?

People are smart from the get go, get ahead in this world. They are smart with their time, their money and their way of life.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:48 AM

38,981 posts, read 27,373,217 times
Quote:

So if somebody do not agree with you, they are making things up.

Why don't you ask Hawaiian by heart this question, he and I are long term CD friends and I think he knows me personally too.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:51 AM

38,981 posts, read 27,373,217 times
Quote:
Nobody is painting with broad brushes here, people are just tired somebody come to the rent forum and turned everything political.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:49 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,818,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
I bought my first brand new home at age 18. My second at age 23. My third at age 28. Why does it sound so impossible to you that a 28 yr old can own a beautiful piece of property?

People are smart from the get go, get ahead in this world. They are smart with their time, their money and their way of life.
few 28 year olds have property the way she describes, stats back me up on that, and even fewer have brand new houses at 18 unless they got money from mom and dad backing them.

you must understand this is the internet, and that more things then not that are said by people on here are a lie.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:57 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,309,217 times
Quote:
few 28 year olds have property the way she describes, stats back me up on that, and even fewer have brand new houses at 18 unless they got money from mom and dad backing them.

you must understand this is the internet, and that more things then not that are said by people on here are a lie.
And you're not paranoid if people are really out to get you.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:40 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,711,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
So if somebody do not agree with you, they are making things up.

Why don't you ask Hawaiian by heart this question, he and I are long term CD friends and I think he knows me personally too.
Nobody is painting with broad brushes here, people are just tired somebody come to the rent forum and turned everything political.

Aloha, yes lily is one of my first friends on CD. She is a gorgeous japanese mixed girl, who is smart and most of the time kind heartted. She just may have some flaws in her thinking, but who doesn't have flaws or shortcomings.

We who have made it fairly successful, need to remember that we are blessed and not the norm. I know ppl who are smarter and work harder that don't make it. Who knows with ourselves, if we had added another obstacle in our lives early on like poverty, or a disability or loss of our familly if we would now be who we are? So we have a resp to remember that, so no not everyone who

Old 08-21-2013, 12:46 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,711,237 times
Puts in the same hard work etc will be as successful or more successful etc.

So lily ya i hate politics too but with a title and intro like this tread has its impossible to avoid politics. Love is aloha.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:59 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,133,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
okay.
I'm not sure that Lily needed all of that type of lecture. She is just trying to maintain an understanding of how it all works. I don't think that Lily is casting judgement on anybody. It seems to me that she is just trying to get the facts, both good and bad. I would suspect that anybody trying to buy a house for whatever reason, especially if it were to be for renting, would want to know all the potential pitfalls. They would also like to know all of the implications of section eight. A smart person when they don't know something-asks. That's what she is doing and in doing so, she got a lot of snarky comments regarding her, and not her questions. Yes, people on c-d lie. It's indicative of life. People in real life lie and this is a small sample of real life. The fact is, is that she is not lying. I am also not sure that she appreciates being called a liar, especially when she is telling the truth. yes, many people on c-d lie. But that is not to say that there are not many people on here who tell the truth. Since we don't know for sure, I think it would be wise to not call anyone a liar when you don't really know. Unless, their posts contradict themselves and it is then clear that they are lying.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:38 PM

10,746 posts, read 25,899,180 times
Quote:

Maybe YOU lie on the internet to get your jollies, but I have no reason to lie. My dh and I bought our first home (custom built) at age 18/24. No money from Mom and Dad....in fact, we've never asked anyone for money in all the yrs we've been married. Never had to. We live within our means, dh made a ****load of money, and we were (are) smart as hell with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting