Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 09:48 PM

14 posts, read 337,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
That is just creepy.
I thought so, too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
I think what you are dealing with is supernatural elements.

You should burn sage to cleanse your apartment, and vanquish the evil spirits. You could also obtain a personal possession of your neighbor, burn it while saying 5 specific words in Latin.
Sounds like a plan -- and I did very well in Latin in Jr. High

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
smoking meth again??
Me or the neighbor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I think this is the exact opposite. You are actually moving to the same rooms as she is when you hear her above you. I bet she starts a thread about it soon.
I'll be on the lookout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
Perhaps the person downstairs is talking on a cell phone to the person upstairs to let your upstairs neighbor know your location.

Am I the winner?
As good an explanation as any
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 10:33 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,141,697 times
I wouldn't be surprised. People are weird. When my husband and I bought our 2nd house together it was in a much nicer area and we were pretty excited. I made friends somewhat with one of my neighbors. Our kids were both in the same grade and classroom. I could tell she was a busy body type, knew all the neighbors business etc. I figured it was because she had lived in the neighborhood for so long. She invited me over for coffee one day and told me to be careful what I say on the phone, people in the neighborhood have those listening devices. She told me that another woman in the neighborhood was cheating on her husband and everyone knew about it. She giggled about it. Well I think that stuff is messed up and said so. She was like...oh ya...oh ya... it is. I got pretty creeped out when she told me this. Either she was a nut case or it was true.

So I asked my BIL because he is a straight up weirdo and I figured if anyone knew if such a device existed he would know. He said "Oh ya, I got one!" I guess a police scanner and something of the same type can pick up cordless phones. Maybe not anymore but at that time, I think anything under 1GHZ could be picked up. He said he listens to his neighbors all the time. This only confirmed what a freak he was but I guess it was true. I started to think about all the private conversations I have had on my phone. I started to get paranoid. It was really bothering me. One day I snapped. My mom called my home and I told her what was going on and I said "Its too bad freaks live around here. They must be really lonely, bored or mental!" That neighbor never talked to me again. She would make sure she dropped her son off before or after I did. She scurried into the house so she didnt have to wave to me, etc. So ya, I figure she was the one listening or one of many who knows. How obvious! Her best bet would have been to act oblivious. We ended up moving a few years later, thank goodness. I still don't trust cordless house phones but no longer paranoid.

Do I think your neighbor is following you from room to room? Its possible or like the others have said, the layout is the same and she is moving into the same rooms you are, at the same time. In cheap apartments I don't think it would be that hard to track the movement of neighbors. My husband's first apt was so damn thin you could hear toilets flushing in the apartment above us. If she is following you around, don't feed into it. It will only perk her interest more.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:21 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,165 times
Maye it is YOU following HER

Old 12-31-2011, 07:48 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
At might turn out all your lights, and see if there is any light coming thru hole or crack in floor. Hang pictures up on your ceiling, or cloth, see if you feel less spied on.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:18 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,053,995 times
Try on of these, and it might go away:

Old 01-01-2012, 07:49 PM

224 posts, read 946,923 times
It's true about the frequency of the cordless phones. When my son (now 16) was a baby, my ex and I lived in a condo and could hear other people's phone conversations on our baby monitor. I'm sure it's different now that everyone has cell phones, but at the time it was almost hard NOT to pick up a conversation occasionally on another device if you lived in close quarters.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:17 PM

103 posts, read 366,292 times
This thread was great!!! Made me lol

Old 01-04-2012, 05:04 PM

831 posts, read 2,825,889 times
As funny as this thread is, I actually do this a bit.

My upset neighbor is so weird that sometimes I go in the hall and listen to her talking to her husband in attempt to hear why she keeps walking around so much. She's stomps on my head all day in the apt. This is a garden apt. and only the couple upstairs and I share a door. They have a downstairs door that leads to some stairs into their apt. but when they reach the top there is no door upstairs, so if I go in the hall I can hear them talking.

I'm trying to figure why they're married, because there's something wrong with this lady.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:47 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas0814 View Post

My upset neighbor is so weird that sometimes I go in the hall and listen to her talking to her husband in attempt to hear why she keeps walking around so much. She's stomps on my head all day in the apt. This is a garden apt. and only the couple upstairs and I share a door. They have a downstairs door that leads to some stairs into their apt. but when they reach the top there is no door upstairs, so if I go in the hall I can hear them talking.

I'm trying to figure why they're married, because there's something wrong with this lady.

That's creepy!!

I know they annoy the crap out of you, but spying on them isn't going to make them stop...it just makes YOU look like Chester the Molester. And if you're caught spying, they could call the cops saying you're a peeping Tom and file a complaint with your landlord which could end up in an eviction....wait....that would solve your noise problem!!

Old 01-04-2012, 08:55 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,053,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas0814 View Post

So I guess you're the busybody in the complex. Creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting