Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2019, 12:30 PM

666 posts, read 642,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLee1 View Post
No one will understand unless their going through it themselves.
It’s a terrible invasion of privacy- I’m convinced there’s something going on more than the vibrations of my footsteps, I’m willing to pay a private investigator to come up with something to prove that I’m right. That’s how sure I am about this. Whatever it takes at this point.
Yup it's a hell I wouldn't wish on almost anyone. Maybe on my really awful former co-worker. And I don't see this ending anytime soon as technology and equipment get more and more advanced.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 05:19 PM

32,638 posts, read 48,005,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janet bubby View Post
Yup it's a hell I wouldn't wish on almost anyone. Maybe on my really awful former co-worker. And I don't see this ending anytime soon as technology and equipment get more and more advanced.

There is a very easy solution: move to a single family house and then you won't have any neighbor living over you that can follow you around.

Old 09-08-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
There is a very easy solution: move to a single family house and then you won't have any neighbor living over you that can follow you around.
Thank you that is a good idea

Old 09-08-2019, 10:57 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,156,456 times
Quote:
Thank you that is a good idea
The other idea is to accept that you do not have a neighbor spying on you.

Old 09-09-2019, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipito View Post
The other idea is to accept that you do not have a neighbor spying on you.
A great idea for you is to skip this thread if you don't care for or don't understand the subject matter. I'm sure you can find others on this huge site that are better suited to you.

Old 09-09-2019, 05:03 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,156,456 times
Quote:
A great idea for you is to skip this thread if you don't care for or don't understand the subject matter. I'm sure you can find others on this huge site that are better suited to you.
No thank you.

Do you realize what each of these complaints has in common?

1. No actual impact to the person being “followed”.
2. No verification. The issue magically goes away when witnesses are around.

I have a sibling who is schizophrenic, I understand delusional psychosis very well, thank you.

Old 11-16-2019, 06:01 PM

2 posts, read 14,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouCutie80 View Post
OMG, I am SO glad I found this thread and that it's still going after all these years!!! I have been scouring the internet for some kind of information on what I can do and to see if there are any others who may be going through a similar situation.

A guy lives in the apartment above me and I find it extremely odd and equally as irritating that he follows me from room to room in his apartment. The layouts are exactly the same, but how is it that if I go into the bathroom, he goes into his ALL THE TIME? When I leave the bathroom, he leaves his. I once walked in and right out then ran as fast as I could to the kitchen and he was right above my head with each step I took. This is more than just coincidence. He drops things on the floor in the approximate spot where I am in my apartment. I was once standing in a corner behind the TV where no one would normally be just to prove my theory and sure enough, he dropped something or stomped right above my head. I think he does this on purpose because I've complained to him about how noisy he is. From the very second he moved in, he has been a nuisance and a nightmare. He was literally throwing boxes on the floor the day he moved in-like, just letting them drop to the floor from mid air seemingly. He's been stomping around, slamming cabinets-you name it ever since. His girlfriend, who can't weigh more than 100 lbs comes to visit at least once a month and stomps around like she's out of her freakin' mind. She slams the toilet seat down and it sounds like a gunshot. His video game was so loud on a few occasions that I couldn't hear my own TV. He now has some sort of animal up there that runs around constantly. It must be a cat or something that doesn't need to be taken outside because I've never seen it. I can go on and on about what a jerk he is.

If it's not evident, the walls here are paper thin. It could be possible that he can hear me walking just as well as I can hear him and that explains why he follows me. BUT, I live with my son and his father, so it doesn't explain how he knows when it's me walking around and not one of them. There hasn't been a single time since this started when he has not followed me into the bathroom (unless he's not at home and he rarely leaves). I thought maybe he somehow has cameras routed through the air ducts, so I've closed all the vents in the apartment. He still follows me every time I go into the bathroom. I've called agencies that specialize in counter surveillance for advice since I can't afford to hire any of them, and was once told that it's possible he could have installed a camera in his floor/my ceiling and could be watching me. I rented a device that detects wireless cameras and displays what the cameras are seeing, but it never actually showed anything. The screen would show nothing but static, yet the device was going off as if there were something it was picking up.

I'm planning to go speak to the police first thing in the morning. I'm not sure what they can do with no concrete evidence, but I do want this issue to at least be documented. Any advice? This is a serious matter, so I would appreciate only receiving responses that could potentially be helpful. Moving out is not an option right now, but even if it were, I will still want this freak to be punished for what he is doing.

I just read this post and this is my exact situation to a T....minus the dropping boxes and making loud noise on purpose. I cannot go the bathroom without him following me in there and being above me the exact amount of time. Once I leave he leaves as well! Ive gone as far as going into my closet where there’s barely any room and just standing there to see if he goes in there which she has done every single time as well. I’m just curious to know if you were able to find out exactly what it was he was either doing or using? I thought it first it might’ve been cameras to but it just doesn’t make sense to me why he would feel the need to go from room to room if it were cameras because I would like to think that if it were cameras he would be able to view whatever it is that I’m doing from one spot in the apartment rather than right above me in multiple spots. I would appreciate any subsequent information you might have gotten since then as it would be extremely helpful to me and my situation thank you.

Old 12-09-2019, 06:18 PM

234 posts, read 228,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotParanoid755 View Post
I just read this post and this is my exact situation to a T....minus the dropping boxes and making loud noise on purpose. I cannot go the bathroom without him following me in there and being above me the exact amount of time. Once I leave he leaves as well! Ive gone as far as going into my closet where there’s barely any room and just standing there to see if he goes in there which she has done every single time as well. I’m just curious to know if you were able to find out exactly what it was he was either doing or using? I thought it first it might’ve been cameras to but it just doesn’t make sense to me why he would feel the need to go from room to room if it were cameras because I would like to think that if it were cameras he would be able to view whatever it is that I’m doing from one spot in the apartment rather than right above me in multiple spots. I would appreciate any subsequent information you might have gotten since then as it would be extremely helpful to me and my situation thank you.

Befriend a maintenance man. Have him install a hidden spy camera in one of the vents or light fixtures in your neighbor's apartment. Maintenance people have keys to all of the apartments of course...and I meant spy on her with cam just to see if she is spying on you and following your every move...lol..

Old 12-09-2019, 06:45 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
All apartments such as yours have the exact same layout. Therefore, she probably has her bed in the same place as you, her tv/couch in the same spot, and everyone goes to the kitchen. Since your apartment is probably not huge, there is only 3-4 places a person will go in the apartment. Kitchen, couch, bed, dining room table, and bathroom.

Unless your ghetto neighbor is a secret technology genius, then you are extremely paranoid.

Or maybe one of her ghetto buddies stole a pair of infrared goggles, and she is tracking you like the Predator.
That's not how infrared works. If there's a structure between the infrared source and the reciever it will block the infrared light. You can't see through walls/floors with them. But you can see in the total dark because "dark" is the absense of visible light we can see. We don't see in the infrared. Instruments can.

Thermal vision equipment can't see through walls either but will see the heat of your body and anything you heat up by say leaning on it long enough.

I hope i know what I'm talking about here. Feel free to tear me to pieces if i don't.

Old 12-10-2019, 12:53 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,012,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawanterrell2019 View Post
Befriend a maintenance man. Have him install a hidden spy camera in one of the vents or light fixtures in your neighbor's apartment. Maintenance people have keys to all of the apartments of course...and I meant spy on her with cam just to see if she is spying on you and following your every move...lol..
Are you serious? I hope this is a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting