Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2020, 06:17 AM

645 posts, read 750,264 times

Advertisements

This is real. My neighbors upstairs do this. I feel like its because they can hear you in the rooms so they purposely follow you just to be jerks. Most people like that have no lives and and really never leave there ****ty ass apartments. I have learned how to throw them off tho f'in weirdos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 05:03 PM

234 posts, read 227,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipito View Post
The DoD? That’s a new one even for this thread!

Get help, mental help.
They may live on a military installation or in some structure maintained by the Department of Defense.

Old 05-18-2020, 05:07 PM

I strongly recommend adding an exercise routine to your life to help manage the stress. Running has been a great stress reliever for me. Try to control what you can in your life because you're ultimately making yourself better prepared to move to better things. I've been running 10 miles per week over the past month and I feel a lot better, more capable of dealing with the apartment stresses. You gotta seize control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpatch20 View Post
People think it's crazy but they just don't get it. I im glad I found your post because It was starting to feel like maybe I was the only one this was happening too. This was my first time moving into a an apartment and that is of low income or assisted rent. I anyways I was so happy for the opportunity that you wait for only realise its such a creepy and corrupt environment. Omg where do I begin. I I left my keys in the door the first week and they were taken and copied. The people who were and super intendent have been violating me and know everything about my life because they all don't work and are bored and will break into your apartment when ever they can and look through every single solitaire item you have its non stop. It's their turf they are know ever way that they can avoid your cameras and other forms of evidence. They are setting that aside I know and also feel so violated there is also a neighbour above me who moves to Evey room and even the bathroom I go to. When I'm in an intimate personal moment you feel then watching you from above either a camera or some kind of visual access point. I I need to leave this place before they kill me insane
I I can't take it here ibhave no privacy and they live to invade your life it's a like a hell hole of its own. I could go on and on about the creepy horror here but going to end it saying your not alone. I do have the same problem with the with the person above me I even tell them stop its creep you can clearly hear them and feel their energy. I and omg I need to stop. Im gonna try and do what I can to survive the social housing apartment nightmares!!!!!need to get out but the $$$

Old 05-18-2020, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
This is real. My neighbors upstairs do this. I feel like its because they can hear you in the rooms so they purposely follow you just to be jerks. Most people like that have no lives and and really never leave there ****ty ass apartments. I have learned how to throw them off tho f'in weirdos.
Is this really true? I lived on the top floor as a child but could never hear the neighbors below us moving from room to room. I mean, unless you are lying prone on the floor how would you be able to hear them moving from room to room?

Old 05-18-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmartmike View Post
Every word in your thread is exactly true. It has been what I have been goin through for the past couple of years in my downstairs apartment. It seems she knows my every move and I keep thinking she has a camera in the air vents or some device just like you described. I even told the apartment manager that my upstairs neighbor seems to know my every move and the apartment manager said that is really strange because the person downstairs is only supposed to hear the upstairs person. I think she somehow has some kind of visu al device that can see into my downstairs apartment. I know I will be moving somewhere else.

I can't envision that scenario unless they are close friends with the maintenance staff and paid maintenance to allow them to enter your apartment.

I think it's more likely that you are just hypersensitive to her every move to the point that you think that all of her moves are motivated by your own movement. Definitely need to get a break from your apartment. Maybe go for a walk or run for an hour a day, or even a long bike ride. That'll benefit you in more ways than one, assuming you're not handicapped in some way.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawanterrell2019 View Post
Is this really true? I lived on the top floor as a child but could never hear the neighbors below us moving from room to room. I mean, unless you are lying prone on the floor how would you be able to hear them moving from room to room?
yes its very true..it also has to do with how old the building is...the older the building the more people can hear each other...

Old 05-20-2020, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
yes its very true..it also has to do with how old the building is...the older the building the more people can hear each other...
so many reasons to not want to live in an older building. If you live on the bottom floor, you also have to worry about your ceiling cracking or the neighbor falling through the floor one day. If you live on the top, you have to worry about yourself falling through the floor and being injured.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawanterrell2019 View Post
so many reasons to not want to live in an older building. If you live on the bottom floor, you also have to worry about your ceiling cracking or the neighbor falling through the floor one day. If you live on the top, you have to worry about yourself falling through the floor and being injured.

I agree its a lose lose situation on both ends. Apartment living is just horrible...

Old 05-24-2020, 12:00 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
A quick search on youtube has been informative. Apparently there is inexpensive equipment as well as smart phone apps that registers movement through walls so someone walking from room to room is tracked. At least one sends alerts to your phone when someone starts to move. And some of these things go back some years, so it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that idiot neighbors who are antisocial and have too much time on their hands might use something to mess with the people around them, just because they can.

That's not to say that everyone who posted a story in this thread is all there, necessarily, but I wouldn't dismiss everyone who has a story to tell.

Old 09-23-2020, 06:02 AM

3 posts, read 3,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipito View Post
The DoD? That’s a new one even for this thread!

Get help, mental help.
Fortunately my manager allowed me to move to another unit on the bottom floor of another building. The day I moved she kept running to the window peeking at me from behind her curtains like a 2 year old. So I gave her the finger and laughed at her.

The management moved me (to another first floor unit) however the second neighbor was a creep just like the first only worst (I actually had to talk to her). She never left her apartment either. So Im thinking that the apartment complex probably rents out a portion of the properties to the mentally/disabled community with some sort of subsidy programs.

When I complained about this neighbor and suggested that they placed me in units under 2 mentally challenged neighbors, her only response was also lives in the complex and didn't comment one way or the other. She told me that that they had a top floor unit opening up soon.

So I'm happy to say that I'm now on the top floor creepy neighbor free...and I didn't need my head examine. Just property managers willing to listen. Who knows how this would've ended lol.

I think people who respond the way you do and the many who have are probably your average peeping toms or weirdo who invades women's (or little kid's) privacy and think it's your right... and anyone complaining has the issue. You probably also think COVID is a hoax too right? lol

It's called discernment Sir/Ma'am and i'm glad I took action and I haven't slept better in months!

Last edited by lilychats; 09-23-2020 at 06:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting