Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 990 times

Advertisements

I have a tememt that tell lies on every pay periop .he don't have it all or he gave the money to a family ,they needed it more . Im in need to get him off the property ,i can;t take it any more this is a real headace real astate for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 07:09 AM

1 posts, read 782 times
Default Need a Tenant out of a rental house

I have a rental house were I lease individual rooms. I had a contractor express interest in one of the rooms after fixing my ac unit. So, verbally I said you can give it a month and see if you like the location and the house. In the mean time I needed other repairs on the property and we were negotiating a deal for him to fix the other repairs in exchange for rent. After 6 weeks, he would neither sign a lease or had made any repairs. I gave him a 30 day written notice to vacate and almost 2 months later, no signed lease, no repairs, no rent, no money towards utilities and he and his girlfriend wont leave. Further more, they have run all of the other paying tenants out of the house and the utilities have gotten to where I cant afford to pay them. I was going to shut down the electric and water so, they would have no choice but leave. They are also saying that I don’t have the right to enter the property at my leisure, that I have to check with them first. I inherited the house from my parents, house I grew up in. What advise do you haveWhat advise do you have

Old 09-17-2013, 07:16 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
Start eviction proceedings. You need to look up the landlord-tenant laws for your state, found in the sticky at the top of this forum.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:32 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Eviction

Next time nobody mines in without a lease and money paid up front and stop trading rent for labor. He pays rent YOU get bids for the labor. Did you sign any contract with him for the repairs? If you did and he did not fulfill his contract is there a state license biard you can turn him in to for job abandonement? Or is he a " contractor" who has no license but claims he can fix anything? Stay the hell away from those people

Old 09-17-2013, 10:53 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,811,485 times
Should have done a lease where it was spelled out that in lieu of first month's rent, X repairs will be completed. Second month's rent will be X dollars if no notice to vacate was sent. (in other words, if he didn't want to stay past the second month, he was free to leave)

As others said, start eviction now. And I believe you can't turn off utilities to force them into leaving. There's a pesky rule/law about that. Again as others said, check the sticky for your state.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:56 AM

12 posts, read 13,974 times
Default tenant appealed eviction case,now what?

tenants did not pay rent for this month of sept,there are multiple lease violations,court eviction is in process and they appealed,so now theres an appeal bond on their behalf.,with their parents as sureties.the case has been transfered to civil court,,due to their appeal,im unable to file a writ of possession.Prolonging the case further more.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:18 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanantonian View Post
tenants did not pay rent for this month of sept,there are multiple lease violations,court eviction is in process and they appealed,so now theres an appeal bond on their behalf.,with their parents as sureties.the case has been transfered to civil court,,due to their appeal,im unable to file a writ of possession.Prolonging the case further more.
They appealed what? Have you spoken to legal counsel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting