Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 09:34 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,812,334 times

Advertisements

What i would have done. if he's a good tennant. is kept the rent the same for 90 days but then raise it up about 20 dollars instead of the 45 dollars that was said. why cause he's a good tennant and is quiet and keeps the place clean and dosent destroy the place eathier like some tennants do!! id'e rather take a little loss than going through the pains of finding a new tennant that who know what in the hell they will be like!! and the cost of placing ad's and screening new potential tennants and if it comes to that the eviction!! yea our costs go up to but it's life. some landlords are nice and some are buttholes. thank god you got to stay in your pad!! congratz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 04:20 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
25.00 is better then 45.00. My mh space rent increases $6.00 in july. Last year it was about $3.50. Oh well....

Old 03-27-2012, 04:22 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
25.00 is better then 45.00. My mh space rent increases $6.00 in july. Last year it was about $3.50. Oh well....
Where do you live? In a drug house? What do you mean it increased $6.00????

Old 03-27-2012, 04:39 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
I would ask him to lower it. My rent started out at $1650 and I got it lowered down to $1250 the 4th year I was there. I moved out at the end of the 4th year when it was going up to $1300. Of course I usually paid the rent in advance and no later than on the day it was due. I also had to pay for ALL of the utilities including water and the place was pretty dated so I didn't feel embarrassed at all to ask for the rent to be reduced. I usually found other places with lower rents that had some nicer features and told my landlady about them and pointed out that if I left, it might take her 2 -4 months to find someone to rent it even if they were going to pay what she was asking. When she figured the months of lost income she'd have if I left, it was better for her to keep me as a tenant and lower the rent.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:57 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times
For OP---do be aware that being unemployed you do NOT have all the options presented here. To find a new place to lease, you must be employed, usually they want an income 2-3x the rent, and decent credit history. Staying where you are might be your only option.

We had some friends who both got laid off. they continued to stay in their expensive condo because they couldn't pass the screening for cheaper apts. I would also be skeptical of telling your current LL that yu are laid off. As long as you continue to pay the rent on time he doesn't care, but don't send red flags his way.

Good luck

Old 03-29-2012, 04:58 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I would ask him to lower it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
For OP---do be aware that being unemployed you do NOT have all the options presented here.
The issue was resolved almost as soon as the thread was started. See Post #4.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
The issue was resolved almost as soon as the thread was started. See Post #4.

Oh, dear, excuse me----I didn't read through the whole thread. Just a suggestion, I don't care what you do, maybe the salvation Army has a nice, flea-infested cot for you!

Old 03-29-2012, 06:26 AM

I don't see where post #4 had anything to do with what I posted in post #45, so, unless you're a moderator, you don't control this board

Old 03-29-2012, 06:56 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Oh, dear, excuse me----I didn't read through the whole thread. Just a suggestion, I don't care what you do, maybe the salvation Army has a nice, flea-infested cot for you!
I really have no idea what this means although one could construe a rude intention. My apologies for having tried to save you some time in making suggestions when the OP already got a response by asking his LL directly.

Quote:
I don't see where post #4 had anything to do with what I posted in post #45, so, unless you're a moderator, you don't control this board
I'm sorry you apparently got out of bed on the wrong side this morning and hope the day gets better for you. In Post #4, the OP advised that he had approached his LL and the rent adjustment was lowered in his favor. That was very nice of the LL. My oh my, I do hope you soon feel better.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:44 AM

166 posts, read 443,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I really have no idea what this means although one could construe a rude intention. My apologies for having tried to save you some time in making suggestions when the OP already got a response by asking his LL directly.

I'm sorry you apparently got out of bed on the wrong side this morning and hope the day gets better for you. In Post #4, the OP advised that he had approached his LL and the rent adjustment was lowered in his favor. That was very nice of the LL. My oh my, I do hope you soon feel better.
What it means is someone is probably under the age of 18. Because thinking that an adult posted the "flea infested cot" remark, and inserting a tongue sticking out icon is just not what an adult should be doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting