Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 04:40 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,390,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Help2 View Post
How can that be stalker? They are playing outside near MY apartment, I record their screaming voice as proof.
And it is legal to record any sound that OUTSIDE my apartment. Same to taking pictures of PUBLIC places such as outside my apartments.
Also, those kids are not LEGAL residents in the housing. The grandma take care of the kids because her son from somewhere else bring in those children to her and ask her to take care from morning to late evening. So those children are "guest" , they not children legally live in this housing.
She can be taking care of those children and recieve cash money without report to the housing,
Doesn't matter if they are not LEGAL residents. They are guests who obviously do NOT reside there, as they come in the morning and leave in the evening. You have nothing.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:41 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,464,975 times
Quote:
ah i see, thanks for explain to me. appreciate your help
i just happened to live in a ghetto place, the city here is not very good. Many Asian here work under the table such as baby sitting , work in places where pay CASH only, and not report the income to the section 8 housing.
As you know the government helps pay our rent, so by law we suppose to report our income, this is required. The management is very strict on this, when they find out anyone cheats, you just loose your voucher. Setion 8 housing laws varies state by state, so I think it different here in California.
But thank you for helping me.
Yes, you do have to report your income, or lose your voucher, that is true. But not really related to this topic, since you don't know if the grandmother is receiving any payment in the first place, and if she is, whether she is reporting it. Maybe she has already reported all her income and isn't in violation at all. You just don't know.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:49 PM

17 posts, read 102,208 times
She didn't report her grandkids, the manager say she will check into this, since she do not know anything about this.

the bunny, Actually I have something. I have already spoken to the California section 8 housing management in my city. And the management say it is not rights for them to have guest there 5 days a week, that is 20 days a month, whether sleep overnight or not. They say I can file a complaint right now if I want, and they have 10 days to reponse to the management about the situation, or else they be in trouble.
I didn't want to file a complaint yet, as long as they stop making noise. And by the way, by California laws, any children who are running outside for couple hours without direct supervision is not right. The grandma have no rights to leave them outside running around and play with rocks while staying inside cooking, or doing her stuff. This she can get trouble if anything happened to the children.

the bunny, maybe you should check into section 8 Housing laws, it varies states to states

Old 06-21-2012, 04:56 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,053,067 times
1. between the hours of 8am to 11am. Why are you not at work?
2. So the grandmother is babysitting for her son. I would rather have my mom babysit then a stranger at a daycare. So you report them. You are very heartless and should be ashamed of yourself.
3. If you don't like it MOVE. Shame on you.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:03 PM

So what if I report them? You live in Section 8 Housing, you sign the voucher contract, you better follow the rules.
The management say anyone who babysit should stay inside or if go outside need to keep an eye on the children, not letting children age 3-4 running around without supervision. This she can even get in trouble if anything happened to the kids.
Ashamed my ass, fair game. Fairness for all the people who use section 8 voucher, don't cheats.
The management agree to let me file a complaint right now, so if tomorrow those kids still outside running around without supervision, and screaming. I will file a complaint to the manager boss, when it come to complain to the higher management, the manager will have no choice but to get down to the bottom of this.

The grandma don't look after the kids, i can call the police and see who get in trouble for "not supervision little children" especially age 3

Last edited by Help2; 06-21-2012 at 05:14 PM..

Old 06-21-2012, 05:13 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,275,326 times
Actually since I am on Section 8 also YOUR Wrong about her breaking the rules having her gkids there! Rules say 3 Overnite Stay Not Daytime! I dont understand Why the kids are bothing you. #1 they are outside #2 Your not responsible for them or anything they may break #3 Why do you want to cut into what ever income Gma may be earning? #4 Why are you living on housing where Kids are? Move into a place that restricts kids! cripe

Old 06-21-2012, 05:16 PM

Katie1, call your higher authority and speak to them.
I did that today, and they say I have every legit reason to complaint. The management say it to me herself that those kids should not be there 5 days a week without reporting to the housing.

Fine then, tomorrow I just call the police if I see those 3 year olds kids running around for couple hours without supervision, and I will file a complaint against them, and they have 10 days to answer to the authority, Haaha!

Old 06-21-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
She didn't report her grandkids, the manager say she will check into this, since she do not know anything about this.

the bunny, Actually I have something. I have already spoken to the California section 8 housing management in my city. And the management say it is not rights for them to have guest there 5 days a week, that is 20 days a month, whether sleep overnight or not. They say I can file a complaint right now if I want, and they have 10 days to reponse to the management about the situation, or else they be in trouble.
I didn't want to file a complaint yet, as long as they stop making noise. And by the way, by California laws, any children who are running outside for couple hours without direct supervision is not right. The grandma have no rights to leave them outside running around and play with rocks while staying inside cooking, or doing her stuff. This she can get trouble if anything happened to the children.

the bunny, maybe you should check into section 8 Housing laws, it varies states to states
As requested, please find why you are being nothing but a nosy nightmare and have no claim. Please note that while Section 8 is a part of the HUD program and is Federal and as such, state laws do NOT vary with regard to acceptable behaviors.

I am guessing she took your complaint at you made it sound like the grandmother is doing something wrong with ILLEGAL kids. As soon as they investigate, the only person who is going to look the fool is you.

"You*can*have*a*guest*stay*with*you overnight*for*14*days*in*a*row*or*60*days*total*in *a*12 month*period without*reporting*it*to*the*HA.*That’s*it.**Gues ts*can*visit*as*often*as*they*want*during*the*day. "

http://www.legalaidsmc.org/documents...omposition.pdf

http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/mfh/gendocs/mfhrrr.pdf

Frequently Asked Questions about the Housing Choice (Section 8) Voucher Program - King County Housing Authority

Number 10 on this list verifies that Section 8 is Federal
http://www.cityofdubuque.org/Documen...Home/View/2687

Old 06-21-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Christina View Post
1. between the hours of 8am to 11am. Why are you not at work?

She can't have a job and stay at home video taping and complaining about the neighbors...one has to give,

2. So the grandmother is babysitting for her son. I would rather have my mom babysit then a stranger at a daycare. So you report them. You are very heartless and should be ashamed of yourself.

Yup. One of those holier than thou people.

3. If you don't like it MOVE. Shame on you.
I so agree. Sitting in her home, NOT at work, complaining about the things people are doing to allow them to go to work, to afford day care, and generally better themselves. Isn't she something else?

Old 06-21-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Katie1, call your higher authority and speak to them.
I did that today, and they say I have every legit reason to complaint. The management say it to me herself that those kids should not be there 5 days a week without reporting to the housing.

Let me guess. You made sure to state that they were illegal kids and that you think she is getting money for watching them. They are going to know this was you, and when nothing happens, you better hope that you NEVER do ANYTHING that could get the tables turned. That rep very likely thought there was a claim when you got done lying and embelishing.

Fine then, tomorrow I just call the police if I see those 3 year olds kids running around for couple hours without supervision, and I will file a complaint against them, and they have 10 days to answer to the authority, Haaha!
So, what law are they breaking? None. Calling the police? Hopefully your complex has a "nuisance" clause and when a tenant calls the police for no reason, out that tenant goes.

Best of luck getting the police to go after children playing outdoors on private property. Delusional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting