Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 02:06 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
to pay the rent and will be leaving, what would the response be?
I you signed a new lease in June, that would put you at the beginning of your lease agreement. Be upfront with your landlord, he has bills and taxes to pay on the property. If you've been living there twelve years, it might take a while to get the apartment to look presentable for a new tenant. Hey, you held it together for twelve years, it was a good run. Don't visit your problems on your landlord.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:09 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I you signed a new lease in June, that would put you at the beginning of your lease agreement. Be upfront with your landlord, he has bills and taxes to pay on the property. If you've been living there twelve years, it might take a while to get the apartment to look presentable for a new tenant. Hey, you held it together for twelve years, it was a good run. Don't visit your problems on your landlord.
Wouldn't be a long story just that UC has stopped and I can no longer stay. Real short

Old 09-02-2012, 02:15 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Wouldn't be a long story just that UC has stopped and I can no longer stay. Real short
So you're planning to move in December? When will you give you landlord notice?

In a previous thread, you mentioned that you weren't paying rent. If that is the case you will be out before December.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:

In a previous thread, you mentioned that you weren't paying rent. If that is the case you will be out before December.
Not sure yet

Old 09-02-2012, 02:27 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
I thought this was only month 9 of unemployment for you. Why did UC stop-did DOL explain it to you, or are you planning for when it will stop?

Old 09-02-2012, 02:37 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,356,641 times
You can't get a job, but you ignored all the great advice given here on CD.

You can't get a girl, but you ignored all the great advice given here on CD.

So now that you are about to lose your apartment, you come here for more advice to ignore?

You are getting exactly what you've earned with all your self imposed, self defeating rigid rules and restrictions.

I wish you luck because that is your ONLY hope.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:46 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
I'll help you out here because he has difficulty answering two-part questions. I don't think he's not been paying rent. What he was referring to was that back in May his lease was coming up for renewal and he posted then because he was worried that because he was only getting UC, he couldn't afford a large increase. Of course it was a lengthy thread but it ended up that the increase was only minimal and so far he's been able to cover it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I thought this was only month 9 of unemployment for you. Why did UC stop-did DOL explain it to you, or are you planning for when it will stop?
I don't think his UC has stopped. But it's September and he's not had any job offers at all; his utility bills are doing the summer spike with the A/C he runs all the time; money isn't stretching very far and he's finally seeing the reality of the situation. That doesn't mean that all the job restrictions won't apply until probably December 31st but he's looking for a way around his imminent inability to pay rent.

He's been given all the information he needs about the usual procedure and now it's entirely up to him to either deal with it or wait until the last minute.

This forum tends to be way more drama free than some of the others so hopefully now he's got the information he needs this won't turn into another long drawn out meaninglessly repetitive saga. Is there an icon for "hope springs eternal"?

Last edited by STT Resident; 09-02-2012 at 03:03 PM..

Old 09-02-2012, 03:34 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Not sure yet
I would start packing stuff up, and perhaps your brother or another relative can store it. If you are not current with your rent and/or are no longer paying it, they are not going to wait for December. Can you move in with your brother, and is he doing ok financially?

Old 09-02-2012, 06:16 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,394,577 times
Quote:
So what is someone supposed to do if no more money is coming in?
You may have to take your lumps. A lease is a contract and you are bound by the terms of the contract.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
You may have to take your lumps. A lease is a contract and you are bound by the terms of the contract.

Yeah that's what it looks like
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting