Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 04:04 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
So? i will just attack the unemployment situation a different way instead of checking job boards and applying online. It's not like I said I won't be doing anything job-hunt related during the day.
I'm telling you from the standpoint of budgeting. You should find out if you would be on the same tier after 12/27 or a new one, because as of now, w/o new legislation, moving to a new UC tier is not allowed after 12/27. That means after 12/27, no unemployment check when the current tier one is on runs out. There are several UC tiers.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:07 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Re-read. It makes no sense. Go on your merry aimless and ignorant way, Grasshopper. FOUR YEARS of advice from people on this forum has resulted in nothing positive and thus it will continue whatever the subject at hand.

You know what? I always said and continued to this very day and this very moment saying that you were absolutely wrong in assuming that anybody would laugh the day that you might become homeless. As of today and reading your current senseless contributions, I'm changing my stance and, yes, I WILL laugh.

I'll laugh because because you've wasted everybody's time and energy for so many years; I'll laugh because when you were employed you ridiculed the unemployed; I'll laugh loud and long and I may even laugh out loud. I'll laugh and cry at the same time that someone of your age, close to 40 years old, could be so incredibly wrapped into the rule constraints you've formulated over so many years.

I don't think you're the typical homeless person. You've only ever had yourself to support; you've never served in any of the armed forces so don't have any sort of PTSD to explain your idiosyncrasies; you've pretty much led a pretty comfortable albeit very insular life; and you're neither a drinker or a drug user. I'm sure I haven't covered all bases where the background of the homeless is concerned but I'd guess there's a niche for you. There really is no "typical" homeless person. But that's something you may discover for yourself in a couple of months' time.

Over four years, I went from offering you advice to feeling sorry for you to becoming irritated with you to railing at you in some attempt to get you to THINK and always thinking and hoping that what seemed to be a lost cause would eventually turn around. Glad I had the time and energy and I'm sorry that it just didn't work out. DOH!

Paying February Rent

Mailing back renewal Form that comes every february to let them know i won't be signing a new lease which is needed by 3/15

Then calling to let them know I have no more income and won't be able to pay the Rent for March, April, and May

Old 09-04-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I'm telling you from the standpoint of budgeting. You should find out if you would be on the same tier after 12/27 or a new one, because as of now, w/o new legislation, moving to a new UC tier is not allowed after 12/27. That means after 12/27, no unemployment check when the current tier one is on runs out. There are several UC tiers.
I opened a new claim in july which takes me to January.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:19 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Quote:
I opened a new claim in july which takes me to January.
That will be the last one, w/o legislation than. So do you have enough savings to pay February and March rent, utilities, food, etc?

Old 09-04-2012, 04:35 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
Quote:
Paying February Rent

Mailing back renewal Form that comes every february to let them know i won't be signing a new lease which is needed by 3/15

Then calling to let them know I have no more income and won't be able to pay the Rent for March, April, and May
If you can't pay rent in March, you need to vacate the property by the end of February.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:52 PM

14,466 posts, read 20,644,378 times
Quote:
That's probably what will happen if it comes to that. I would call them on Jan 31st and tell them I can't pay March's rent. it would be 60 days notice kind of how they do with me when they send in the renewal every year. So since the lease expires in May there I would call after i pay March rent and tell them I would be sigining a new lease since I would not be able to pay April and May's rent
The new lease comes every year in February
Maybe you can negotiate a month to month lease, if your income allows it.

The landlord would rather have your rent payment month by month, after your existing lease expires, than to have you move out. Since there is no guarantee they can find a new tenant quickly.

If you can not commit to a new 1 year lease, they might let you go month to month.

An example would be that you can complete the current lease, but you see money problems coming around the 3rd or 4th month of the new lease, so you ask to go by the month for those 3-4 months. If you job situation then changes, you can sign a new one year lease at that point.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
If you can't pay rent in March, you need to vacate the property by the end of February.

I believe that's what i said when i mentioned that i will call them and let them know that i won't be able to pay the March Rent. I wouldn't stay beyond March if i don't plan to pay the rent.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Maybe you can negotiate a month to month lease, if your income allows it.

The landlord would rather have your rent payment month by month, after your existing lease expires, than to have you move out. Since there is no guarantee they can find a new tenant quickly.

If you can not commit to a new 1 year lease, they might let you go month to month.

An example would be that you can complete the current lease, but you see money problems coming around the 3rd or 4th month of the new lease, so you ask to go by the month for those 3-4 months. If you job situation then changes, you can sign a new one year lease at that point.

The renewal lease comes in February and if I still don't have a job then it wouldn't make sense to sign a new lease which they would need by 3/15/13/

Old 09-04-2012, 06:11 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,106,143 times
O M G - I didn't realize until page 7 that this whole thread is baseless. I usually follow along on a soloman song, but this threw me. I thought it was that his ue ran out this month and he wasn't paying rent next month - not at the END of the lease. The title specificallys ays "middle off (sic) the lease". Pardon me for having reading comprehension skills. It always is a problem using them for one of Solly's threads.

(Muttering to self: Why oh why did I open it")

Old 09-04-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
O M G - I didn't realize until page 7 that this whole thread is baseless. I usually follow along on a soloman song, but this threw me. I thought it was that his ue ran out this month and he wasn't paying rent next month - not at the END of the lease. The title specificallys ays "middle off (sic) the lease". Pardon me for having reading comprehension skills. It always is a problem using them for one of Solly's threads.

(Muttering to self: Why oh why did I open it")

That was a typo and was supposed to say OF not OFF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting